Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Vehicle Marketplace - Old (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old-218/)
-   -   1989 Porsche 944 Turbo - euro-spec, street/track (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old/938847-1989-porsche-944-turbo-euro-spec-street-track.html)

rkp951 06-11-2016 12:12 AM

1989 Porsche 944 Turbo - euro-spec, street/track

16 Attachment(s)
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo

*mods - for some reason, it won't allow me to post without choosing a model from the dropdown menu. "944" isn't a choice - could you please clarify or edit? Sorry for any confusion.

color: alpine white
mileage: 134,1XX kms/ 83,3XX miles
title: clean (VIN, CARFAX available)
weight: 2900lbs

Attachment 1201756

Overview:

Street/track prepared 951 – euro-spec M030 w/ LSD car, originally imported from Japan. As the car is older than 25 years, there is no problem importing it to the states.
Owned since 2010, at 101,000km (62,000 miles).
Clean title.

I have rigorously (ie: open-wallet) gone over every potential area of the car needing addressing to make it mechanically/reliably solid, while exploiting its true performance potential.
I tried to strike a good balance of streetability, but with that being said, the car is an absolute track monster.

Recent major maintenance performed, addressing all weak points of the car before it is sold, to the tune of over $6000.
The car has not seen a track day since this service date.
Dead reliable, no-trouble, turn-key and go.
Records available.
Serviced predominantly by 900 Werks Porsche Specialties in Kelowna, BC.

This is a tough one for me – I’ve put a lot of heart and soul in this car over the past 6 years. Unfortunately, city life with a crazy work schedule sees the car sitting more than it should.
It’s ready to go to a new and appreciative home.

As a note – I have the original Club Sport Wheels and gorgeous plaid cloth/leather available to any potential new owners as well (more below).
Wheels are included in asking price, interior negotiable as an extra.

Extras included in sale as follow:
OEM leather front bra, car cover, spare tire/jack/pump, and original paperwork/manuals.

Exterior:

Garage kept its whole life.
Aftermarket side-skirts (I believe these are Strosek)
Body is 100% free of dents or any large noticeable imperfections.
Paint is in good shape overall (8/10)– some “driving patina” around wheel wells, and the occasional front rock chip.
Nothing out of the ordinary, and overall in excellent shape.

Modifications:
Joe Toth prototype 2-piece front splitter. Removable lip.
Original batwing can be included as well.

Disclosure:
Front left fog light has a slight rock chip/crack, does not affect performance.
Trunk key release does not work – previous owner had the mechanism installed upside down. I opt to use the power release from the interior.

Interior:

Excellent shape overall. 9/10.
(carbon?) DARK blue interior w/ black perforated leather headliner.
All power functions work (power mirrors, windows), no dash lights, big dash cracks, AC runs strong.
Aftermarket Alpine deck/speakers (although the car sounds so good you won’t be listening to it) ;)

Modifications:

Momo Mod 07 steering wheel + hub
Momo Anatomico (short) shift knob
Schnell Short-Shift Kit
Recaro Pole Position seats (black cloth) – 2012
Recaro Steel Side-Mounts + sliders (driver and passenger side)
Planted mounting brackets

Hanksville Hotrods Rollcage – professionally welded and installed. Painted Alpine White to match body.
Rich 5-point racing harness, sub-belt bolt – original belt included with sale.

New OEM Sekuriflex windshield installed Spring 2016.

Disclosure:
Original speedo malfunctioned – replaced with a new gauge cluster (260km/h from a pre 89’ turbo) in 2.2011. Verification records for mileage available.
Dash gauges from its past life in Japan.

Bonus:
I also have the original (mint) interior – front and rear seats.
They’re marine blue with grey cloth plaid inserts (‘anniversary’ edition print) – they are rare ROW patterns, and I am willing to negotiate these into the deal if desired. Front seats are non-sport seats.

Engine+etc:

Stock engine/turbo, with ECU tune (bought the car tuned) – estimated around 15PSI, high 200’s HP. Pulls hard.
Engine is sealed tightly –recent compression test shows even 120-125 PSI across all cylinders.

Most recent service at 127,000km included resealed cambox (car does not leak a drop of oil), new motor mounts, and repairs to leaking exhaust headers.

Frequent oil changes, an extensive tune-up at 118,000km (including all belts, power steering pump, filters etc), water pump and fuel-system overhaul at 113,000km.
New OEM power steering rack (10.2013)
The car, even when pushed hard, has never overheated or had any trouble running.
Clutch is strong – engages fully and doesn’t slip. Replaced by previous owner at around 90,000km.

Apart from that, the car has seen regular maintenance for smaller things, such as alternator belt, new battery, random fuses or kinks – I’m trying to keep this as concise as possible, but please ask if you want to see them via email.

3” exhaust + test pipe – came with the car, JDM built. Sounds meaty!
You’ll never listen to the radio again.
I can provide some exhaust clips if wanted.

Wheels:

CCW Classics – genuine 3-piece rims, race hardware+ open lug bolts. 08.2013
F: 8.5x18, et+50 R:10x18, et+52 (rear 7.5mm H&R hubcentric spacers)
Freshly sealed, polished lips w/ matte black faces. No scratches or dents.

Tires – Hankook Ventus RS-3
F: 245/40/R18 R:285/35/R18 – heat cycled before installed, lots of life left!

Front fenders were professionally pulled/rolled to accommodate wheel setup.

Fitment is bang-on!

Bonus:
Original Club Sport Wheels (8.5/10 condition) included in sale.

Brakes:

Most recent service at 127,000km included an extensive overhaul the entire braking system:
New cross-drilled OEM rotors+ pads all around.
Rebuilt calipers all around.
New front hub spindles.

2 autocross days total on this setup – no track days…. Kills me, but you will appreciate it.

Suspension:

My ownership has seen a complete, 100% overhaul of the car’s suspension:

Oem control arms (include ball-joints) – 103,000km

Koni 1 cup (yellow) fully-adjustable coilovers – 113,000km
Retained the torsion bars, but re-indexed to the lowest setting.
Front spring rate – 400lbs, rear effective approx. 550lbs.
968 Castor Blocks
Racer’s Edge rear shock mounts
All suspension bushings on car replaced with custom-fabricated
Poly-graphite bushings, solid connections – 900 Werks Porsche Specialties –

Racer’s Edge Camber Plates – 122,000km

Current alignment specs-
F: -2.5 camber, 1/32 toe in, max caster
R: -2.0 camber, 0 toe

Car is set up for mild oversteer, yet is predictable and safe.
/

Please feel free to call or email me for more questions/inquiries.
No problem providing more detailed photos, video (I’ll even skype/facetime you the car!), or anything else that is required if you are inquiring over some distance.
I welcome PPI’s, can meet locally, and am willing to do whatever I can do to assist in shipping, if needed.
I can also put you in touch with a shop/mechanic that has known the car since I’ve owned it and has performed much of the work.

Thanks for looking.

You can reach me at "ryankpendleton@gmail.com", or via phone/text at 1.250.300.0981

Car is located in Vancouver, BC.

-Ryan

Attachment 1201757

Attachment 1201758

Attachment 1201759

Attachment 1201760

Attachment 1201761

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/t...psanjd8kw8.jpg

Attachment 1201762

Attachment 1201763

Attachment 1201764

Attachment 1201765

Attachment 1201766

Attachment 1201767

Attachment 1201768

Attachment 1201769

Attachment 1201770

Attachment 1201771

pwarnell1 06-11-2016 11:17 PM

Beautiful build. Seems to be a perfect balance of Street/Track. Should sell quickly.
Sold my '88 Turbo and regretted ever since.
One question - If the car was imported from Japan, why is the steering wheel not on the right hand side ?

chadcorn 06-12-2016 12:55 AM

Refreshing to see a very in depth history of a car. Good build, GLWS!

rkp951 06-12-2016 03:42 AM

^ Thanks guys.
The car is definitely awesome to drive, and I'm sure I'll regret letting it go sometimes... but time for something different at this point of my life.

To answer the JDM question - this car was sold new via Porsche Japan.
There are quite a few LHD euro-spec cars sold in Japan - consequently, they end up on the used market.
As far as I know, there is a certain amount of prestige associated with owning a LHD car in Japan, and it is actually quite common for imports.
They are quite strict about maintenance and condition records for older cars (bi-annual inspections), and don't tend to drive them as much as we do in North America.
This means that generally, the cars found there are in better condition, with lower miles. It certainly applies to this car.

IBKevin951 06-12-2016 04:38 PM

Absolutely stellar! If this could be titled in CA easily, I'd be on a plane to Vancouver. But I have the feeling it could be a nightmare if it is technically a a JDM VIN.

rkp951 06-12-2016 04:54 PM

I am certain that this car would have no problem being imported into the states, as it is exempt under the 25 year rule ^

I know that there are currently tons of pre-1991 JDM cars being imported to the states.

Tell you what.. I'll even pick you up at the airport :burnout:

RacingJunkie 06-12-2016 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by rkp951 (Post 13368871)
I am certain that this car would have no problem being imported into the states, as it is exempt under the 25 year rule ^

I know that there are currently tons of pre-1991 JDM cars being imported to the states.

Tell you what.. I'll even pick you up at the airport :burnout:

Importing into the US is one thing. Registering it in California is a completely different issue. You play by different rules there.

rkp951 06-12-2016 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by RacingJunkie (Post 13369325)
Importing into the US is one thing. Registering it in California is a completely different issue. You play by different rules there.

This is true, and the buyer would have to know the ins and outs of state regulations.

The car would definitely have to run FTP testing.
It looks like cars 21 years and older are EPA exempt in original condition, and cars 25 years and older are NHTSA- FMVSS exempt.

Don't quote me on this, but from a quick overview it looks like there wouldn't be any major hurdles? For reference, it would be great if anyone could contribute any knowledge on this matter in here.
Wouldn't this situation be similar to one where a California resident is buying a >25 year old car from another state?

rkp951 06-13-2016 03:56 PM

Asking price reduction.

I'd like to move the car, and it would be great to pass it along to a fellow Rennlister before I open the marketing up to more general venues/ebay etc.

Thanks.