Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Vehicle Marketplace - Old (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old-218/)
-   -   2016 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS – PTS Riviera Blue -MT Still in the wrapper (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old/934300-2016-porsche-911-carrera-gts-o-pts-riviera-blue-mt-still-in-the-wrapper.html)

Suitcase 05-14-2016 06:11 PM

2016 Carrera GTS – PTS Riviera Blue -MT Still in the wrapper Price reduced

9 Attachment(s)
Rare opportunity to own a very special and immediately collectable Porsche 911. This is one of the last Naturally Aspirated, 2016 911 Carrera GTSs' in PTS Riviera Blue; Manual Transmission, Sunroof Delete 430HP. Never driven. No stories. No PDI. (Buyer has the option) Stored correctly. 12 miles. $140,000.00 This is a very special car.

Why? I have another MT PTS ’16 GTS. Fantastic car.

No more naturally aspirated non GT 911's

Exterior Paint to Sample. Non-Metallic
Standard Interior with Leather Sport Plus Seats
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
Sport Design Steering Wheel in Leather
Deletion of GTS on Side Doors
Rear Wiper
Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look
Leather Key Pouch
Deletion of Alcantara
Luggage net in passenger footwell
No Sunroof
Vehicle Key Painted
Bose Audio

Wall Street Journal:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/porsche-...rbo-1460653405

THEDIGLER 05-14-2016 06:56 PM

Nice car GLWS I did not realize anyone sold these over window maybe I am missing something anywho nice car love the color

Suitcase 05-14-2016 07:29 PM

you're correct. 160k too high. But 140 is market correct given rarity, color and investment potential. The car is no stories, no PDI new in wrapper, It's stunning and there is no other.

LexVan 05-14-2016 11:58 PM

430 HP. Not 435. Very nice. GLWS.

Steven954 05-15-2016 12:18 AM

Sweet color, but for the money would rather have a lightly used Turbo all day long.

Suitcase 05-15-2016 01:11 AM

This discussion and my ad illuminates the color / value issue. I would never suggest that anyone pays more for a GT3 RS just because they are speculating that one color may be worth more than another someday. Buy the color you love.

This car is brand new. The color is very rare on a MT/ no roof/ GTS. But the real question is do you love it? I would never suggest that anyone buy this car because somehow it will be worth more money someday. But if you walk out of a building and see your Riviera Blue car in the parking lot and it makes you smile the premium is not so great. I have that experience with both my Riviera Blue '98 C2S, which I paid a premium for, and my other MT GTS in Mint Green. In addition you could never find another.

Tony.CO 05-15-2016 09:07 AM

With all of this said, your car is freaking gorgeous and worth every penny.

Someone is going to get an amazing ride.

Suitcase 05-15-2016 09:15 AM

I've owned many cars including a 959 and numerous RS models. The MT 991 GTS is a fantastic car. It's good bet that twenty years from now MT NA cars will be history. That's unfortunate for all of us "purists." But why wait? The car is great now. The '98 C2S wasn't thought as so special in '98. For me the RB color is the most compelling feature of the car. It's a wonderful car but it's no 964 RS. These days I love the "gumball" colors. It's about style. This is the highest performance MT/NA car that's available. Oh, right, it's no longer available. But it will be very difficult and much more expensive to get a Riviera Blue 911R unless your Jerry Seinfeld.

Mark60 05-15-2016 10:25 AM

GTS Collector

No doubt the 2016 GTS will one day be a collectible. It is the last year for a naturally aspirated 3.8 engine. Heck, it may not even have a MT next time it becomes available. For the money a properly equipped GTS has always been the preferred track/touring car and this is EXACTLY why Porsche sells it. The GT3 is interesting but frankly a unidimensionsal car with PDK (boring) and slightly more HP than a GTS. As a result, I have to question the GT3 collectibility and ridiculous premiums people pay for them. I suspect it makes the owner "feel" they are driving a "race" car with a storied past. Most numb nuts I meet at the track driving a GT3 can't drive the vehicle anyway, and regularly complain the spouse won't ride in the car so they end up selling them shortly thereafter. Now some of you may be fine with the spouse matter; the fact is performance nor availability justify the premium people pay for the GT3. You see 3x as many used GT3s for sale as you do GTSs. Why? The 2016 GTS will be a collectible. Already hard to find. Great value for the performance. MT/3.8 natural aspiration. A true modern Porsche driver's car.

Obturate 05-15-2016 10:39 AM

I think the GT3 is a fantastic car. Hard to knock a car with a 9,000 rpm redline.

DYSL 05-15-2016 11:31 AM

Pm sent. If open to trades I may be a buyer.

nr1416 05-15-2016 11:42 AM

Nice GTS, glws. By chance any pics of the 98 RB C2S?

Marvinta 05-15-2016 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tony.CO (Post 13288654)
As have I and my 95 RB.

But that's the point, rare car, rare color combo.
And just because it's rare doesn't make it valuable. Mint green? No way do people clamor for mint green. Sure interesting to watch, like a train wreck, but few would pay premium for it.

This is a 911, and view cars.com on a regular, even the current 991 board. Plenty of Riv/Mex/VooDoo 911 PTS cars sitting because the car isn't rare. Just the color.

Your GTS, no sunroof, MT..is special to a handful not to masses like your 98 C2S. That 98 993 defined itself in history of Porsche as a premium car. The GTS is yet to define itself as anything other than a 1 off 991. Plenty of 1 off 991 to choose from. Not special, maybe in 20 years but only time will tell. Quite a reach today.

Hey, as they say. You only need one "".

Completely personal. Some people prefer greens over blues. And I think the Mint Green is a really nice color on these cars. (though I admit in the green spectrum I move more towards the Signal Green, but I digress). Imposing your predilection on others is ill advised. The idea is that someone will be taken by the color and have to have it. In this price range , it's quite possible that 15k over msrp will be worth it to that one person.
As for saying that the 993 "defined itslef in history of Porsche as a premium car". That is somewhat laughable. From a looks /performance standpoint a C2S is nothing special. It's value was created by the fact that A)it is the last and most reliable air cooled 911 and B) the problems from the water cooled generation immediately after it were so great as to highlight A. The rest is moslyt hysteria.
Will the this GTS be a collector someday? Probably, in the sense that almost all Porsches will be collector items. Will it take about 15 years to get back to msrp like 993's did? At least. I use the 2010-2012 gts 's as a barometer. You can get a nice , low milage 2011 gts for about 70k now. Look for similar depreciation on this GTS as well. History does repeat itself.

Suitcase 05-15-2016 10:26 PM

OK

5 Attachment(s)
OK. I purchased the Mint Green car with a few miles. So that's the one I'm driving. The order is almost identical to the car I'm selling but I miss the rear wiper. The "Blue Streak" ('98) was my daily driver for 3 years until I started driving the Mint Green car. With 60k on the clock it goes into semi-retirement. These are all good choices. The buyer of the RB GTS won't be sorry.

CAA 05-15-2016 10:34 PM

Good Lord the RB 993 CS is fantastic. Makes the 991 GTS look like its a got a severely underactive thyroid. GLWS!