Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1973.5 (CIS) Porsche 911T Targa for Sale or Trade for 930

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 02:46 PM
jrex19
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1973.5 (CIS) Porsche 911T Targa for Sale or Trade for 930

Year: 1973
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 118000
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $79000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Up for sale is my beautiful, numbers matching 1973.5 Porsche 911T CIS Targa in Black over Black. The car has been really well cared for over the years and it shows. This is a sharp looking long-hood, I recently waxed the car and the black paint is like glass. There is no rust on the vehicle, and this is a really good example of the most desired version of the long-hoods.
The 2.4 engine with CIS fuel injection are original to the vehicle. The 911 starts right up every time, runs excellently, and has good power throughout the gears. The engine compartment on the vehicle is nice and tidy as the car has been well kept. There are no engine or fluid leaks which is common for early 911’s. The 915 transmission in car shifts very well through the gears, and the car is currently fitted with a short-shift kit.
The interior of car is really nice and clean. Currently there are black cloth recaro seats in the car, but I have the original black vinyl seats which will be provided to the new owner. The car has good door panels, pockets, and door hardware. The car has a nice looking dash cover, but the original dash is cracked underneath. The headliner for the targa top is great condition, the sun visors in the car are also new. All the gauges work with the exception of the clock. I recently fitted a Nardi steering wheel in the car, but the original steering wheel will be provided to the new owner with the purchase.
The undercarriage of the car is in good condition as the floor pans and rockers are very dry and original to the vehicle. There are no rust bubbles in the usual places such the doors corners, fenders, and below the windshield (see pictures). The vinyl targa top on the 911 is in really good condition with no aging or tears. All exterior moldings and seals are in good shape as well. Trim pieces (bright work) are in good shape along with the rubber. As previously mentioned the 73.5 Targa has really good paint a few minor rock chips on the hood from driving the vehicle.
The car is fitted with front and rear sway bars. Suspension bushings are in decent shape as the car does not squeak. The car originally came with 15x 6 (deep six) fuch wheels, which are still in good shape with new Yokohama tires (including the spare). The brake rotors were recently resurfaced, along with adding new brake pads. I also recently replaced the batteries in the vehicle. The 911 Targa currently sports European H4 headlamps, however I do have the original sugar scoops and hardware which will come with the car.
Per the COA on the car, the engine and the transmission are original to the car. The original colors for the car were brown over brown. Along with the COA, I will provide the owner’s manual, bilstein jack, and tool kit for the vehicle to the new owner.
As most know, the 1973.5 was the only long-hood that was produced with the CIS fuel injection. Some say the 1973.5 with the CIS is the best running long-hood made.

I am looking to sell this car to get into a Porsche 930. I could add cash to even out a trade for a 930.

Thanks
J

Quick Reply: 1973.5 (CIS) Porsche 911T Targa for Sale or Trade for 930