Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1989 Porsche 911 Speedster

Old 03-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Rolex00
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster

Year: 1989
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 10722
Color: Silver
VIN: WPOEB091XKS173673
Price (no $ sign please): $299000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Speedster
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

1989 Porsche 911 Speedster VIN: WP0EB091XKS173673 10,722 documented miles * Unrestored and original Complete with books, tools, and jack. Built on 6/26/1989, 173673 is a three-owner car that lived the collectors life in Florida from 1990 to 2014. It then moved briefly into the collection of a celebrity Porsche collector, Jerry Seinfeld. Regularly maintained, and stored in a climate-controlled environment this Speedster is a true time capsule. One of only 797 sold in the United States in 1989, this fantastic last breath of the original 911 is a Porsche collector's dream: original, unmolested and low mileage. The car comes complete with its original books, tools, and jack.
Factory Options: 158 Radio Reno - 87 220 Locking differential 243 Shorter gear shift lever 286 High intensity windscreen washer 288 Headlight washer 419 Rear luggage compartment instead of rear seats 437 Comfort seat left 438 Comfort seat right 454 Automatic speed control 559 Air conditioner (with front & rear condenser)
About the 1989 Speedster: At 2,690 lbs the Speedster was 154 lbs lighter than the standard Cabriolet. The total build was limited to only 2,104 examples, which makes the 1989 Speedster more than twice as exclusive as the original that inspired it. Of the total production only 823 Carerra Speedsters made it to North America. They are also significant in Porsche history as the final products of the original 911 factory in Stuggart. 1,993 examples were built with the Turbo look package, a percentage of over 90 percent. *Mileage
Attached Images           

Last edited by Rolex00; 03-22-2016 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:59 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Nice car, glws. Curious as to your feedback...if a 10k three owner Speedster is listed for $299k, where would you value a one owner 5k car? Admittedly, this one never had the pleasure of meeting Jerry's rear end. : )
Old 03-23-2016, 11:35 PM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

There is a 3900 mile black car that has been available since 3/1 for $229k. This car is not selling for anything close to $299k.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:39 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Just to be clear, not dumping on this guy's thread but looking for recent market for insurance value. These are small samples - feel free to pm me Rolex00.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2016, 12:03 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Was this sold/brokered by New Country Porsche in Clifton Park, NY, in 2014?
Old 03-24-2016, 12:54 AM
richk
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

I rarely comment on price being high. I hope all sellers get full market value for the cars they are selling. I am thinking my post helped if your trying to determine insurance value.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:43 AM
vrdjs143
7th Gear

As the owner of the car, allow me to interject before this gets too out of control.

The car, yes, is a 10K car and has 3 owners. And I'm sure the price seems oddly high to most of the people who look at it. But there are some factors that went into the establishment of that price that may not be obivous at first.

1. Jerry's celebrity is not why you buy one of his cars. It has nothign to do with it in fact. What IS the point is that he is one of the pickiest most well educated collectors on the planet. He has a guy who, along with Jerry, goes through his cars with a microscope. So, any car that was in his collection recently, and this one WAS 200 miles ago, has value because it is believed to be one of the best out there.

2. Then there is the Bruce Canepa part of the equation. I purchased the car from Canepa Designs who got it from Jerry. If you have been collecting cars for a while, you will know the name and undertand that he doesn't take in any old car. And when he does take in a car, he spends thousands to make sure it's perfect when it leaves his shop. That's why he and Jerry have been in business for years.

3. The Amelia Auction was another thing to look at. Jerry had a Speedster there that sold for 363K with fees. That car was white/black a much more common color, but had half the miles as mine. I felt that my car at 80% of that car was appropriate.

4. I was advised on the purchase of the car by another top Porsche collector who has his own television show, centered around matching people up with new cars. This person does this for a living and along with Jerry (through my friend) let me know that this was one of the best out there and a great addition to the collection.

In the end, the car has been priced at what we felt a condition one Seinfeld owned, Canepa prepped 1989 Speedster is worth. If there is anyone out there who wants to actually buy a car, make an offer. Happy to hear anything reasonable. I can gurantee that whoever buys this car is getting one of the best on the planet.

Thanks, all. Hope this didn't come off as defensive, but I felt it was worth noting these important points.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:18 PM
CAA
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vrdjs143
As the owner of the car, allow me to interject before this gets too out of control.

The car, yes, is a 10K car and has 3 owners. And I'm sure the price seems oddly high to most of the people who look at it. But there are some factors that went into the establishment of that price that may not be obivous at first.

1. Jerry's celebrity is not why you buy one of his cars. It has nothign to do with it in fact. What IS the point is that he is one of the pickiest most well educated collectors on the planet. He has a guy who, along with Jerry, goes through his cars with a microscope. So, any car that was in his collection recently, and this one WAS 200 miles ago, has value because it is believed to be one of the best out there.

2. Then there is the Bruce Canepa part of the equation. I purchased the car from Canepa Designs who got it from Jerry. If you have been collecting cars for a while, you will know the name and undertand that he doesn't take in any old car. And when he does take in a car, he spends thousands to make sure it's perfect when it leaves his shop. That's why he and Jerry have been in business for years.

3. The Amelia Auction was another thing to look at. Jerry had a Speedster there that sold for 363K with fees. That car was white/black a much more common color, but had half the miles as mine. I felt that my car at 80% of that car was appropriate.

4. I was advised on the purchase of the car by another top Porsche collector who has his own television show, centered around matching people up with new cars. This person does this for a living and along with Jerry (through my friend) let me know that this was one of the best out there and a great addition to the collection.

In the end, the car has been priced at what we felt a condition one Seinfeld owned, Canepa prepped 1989 Speedster is worth. If there is anyone out there who wants to actually buy a car, make an offer. Happy to hear anything reasonable. I can gurantee that whoever buys this car is getting one of the best on the planet.

Thanks, all. Hope this didn't come off as defensive, but I felt it was worth noting these important points.
Appreciate your follow up and I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. GLWS.
Old 03-24-2016, 09:36 PM
vrdjs143
7th Gear

Default Thanks!

I'm really glad you chimed in, actually. We figured there would be questions of this kind, so I was happy to have an opportunity to explain where we are coming from on the car. Thanks again!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:40 PM
phlfly
Advanced

Well cool car and history, but this price is unreal no matter what is history. It's not art, it's just damn Porsha and not even Turbo.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:50 AM
Speedster911
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 54 Posts

Beautiful - GLWS
Old 03-25-2016, 12:56 AM
vrdjs143
7th Gear

Default Thank you

Thank you, sir.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:27 AM
vrdjs143
7th Gear

Default SIGNIFICANT PRICE REDUCTION

THE PRICE ON THE SPEEDSTER HAS BEEN REDUCED SIGNIFICANTLY. ANYONE SERIOUSLY INTERESTED, PLEASE E MAIL ME AT VRDJS@AOL.COM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster