Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1979 Porsche 930

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 01:33 PM
Discseven
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 Porsche 930

Year: 1979
Make: Porsche
Model: 930
Mileage (numbers only please): 112000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Foglamps, Leather Seats, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Metallic Anthracite Grey
VIN: 930.980.0974
Price (no $ sign please): $145000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

This Porsche Turbo is for an individual wanting an early model 930 that's maintained in top mechanical condition / records supporting, with a beautiful interior & exterior finish. Visit the car's website for a complete photo deck & details: www.1979Porsche930.com

Some background... In 2015, I had the car expertly prepared---mechanically & cosmetically---for what was intended to be a long ownership. Shortly after maintenance was completed, I'm offered a 356aT1... Bad timing on one hand but on the other I’ve been looking for the right "old-timer" for years. (Thank you for the trade offers but I'm committed to moving out of this 930 and into the 356 without an added car and/or boat.)

The car is matching numbers with its original factory-delivered colors maintained inside and out---metallic anthracite grey on classic all-black. Rust-free and accident-free, it's also very close to being 100% stock... easily brought to 100% if desired. I'm negotiable in this regard. Sport seats as are appropriate to this car are finished in genuine leather. The AC system is refreshed. Systems are all operational down to even the headlight washers. Overhead, the sunroof including chrome trim & air dam are in top form. Carpeting is beautiful with door seals and thresholds recently replaced. Interior paneling is also in beautiful condition. Wheels are the car's original Fuchs with Potenzas mounted all around. The spare tire is original to the car... amazingly, it has never been used.

With this 930 will go its owner’s manual, COA, maintenance records dating back to 1989, the car's own Porsche 930 Technical Specifications booklet, Porsche 930 Factory Workshop Manual (pdf), original & complete tool kit, jack, and 930-tailored car cover. There's also a cloud-based spread sheet that's securely inheritable by the car’s new owner.

Should you want more information: 786.449.4488

Best to you in finding the 930 that’s right for you ~~~ Karl
Attached Images           

Last edited by Discseven; 03-15-2016 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 03-10-2016, 09:49 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

pretty car GLWS.
Phil
Old 03-10-2016, 09:58 PM
vdubpower
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

85 mph speedo on a turbo?? wow, i bet needle gets there often

what is the history with all those 85 mph speedos, what cars and yrs had them
Old 03-10-2016, 10:58 PM
Gef3rd
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice presentation. What items and cost are necessary to bring it back to 100% stock?
Old 03-11-2016, 01:15 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Wow.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Discseven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pu911rsr
pretty car GLWS.
Phil
Thanks Phil ~
Old 03-11-2016, 08:52 PM
Michael15
Instructor

Amazing! GLWS
Old 03-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Discseven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gef3rd
Very nice presentation. What items and cost are necessary to bring it back to 100% stock?
Thanks Gef.

Return to stock notes: EGR* was deleted. That's a re-install. Parts are saved. They require inspection---surly some components deserve replacement. The small tweeter speakers in the door panels are not stock so new door panels are needed. Connection from the WUR* and AAR* to the intercooler currently has all-rubber hose. The stock hose for here has a woven fabric outside. Looks good on the first install but after a few disconnects & reconnects... the weave progressively expands at the intercooler-end and eventually looks like s***... and so the reason for all-rubber hose. Within the engine there are hydraulic tensioners in place of the mechanical tensioners that were stock. Rocker shafts now have o-ring seals that were not part of the Turbo's factory assembly. To stock these... mechanical chain tensioners would go in and rocker shaft oil seals would come out.

I've not specifically quoted this work & necessary parts. My guesstimate... roughly $4,000. parts & labor (give or take $1,000.)

+ Edit: The car's COA does not indicate AC as optional equipment so whether to delete this system or replace the Sanden with a classic York is a personal call. In the cabin, there are 3 Kuehl air vents that are not stock. These would come out and the bow tie reinstalled. A classic York... I would consider worthy of a rebuild prior to install to eliminate any question as to its performance. Estimate $1,200 for returning AC back to stock. To delete the system would be less.

(I originally mentioned "1 delete and 3 additions" in the car's profile text. I will correct this if possible. Should read: 1 delete (EGR), 3 subs (hose, tensioners, AC compressor), 3 additions (speakers, rocker oil seals, AC vents.)

EGR Exhaust Gas Re-circulation
WUR Warm Up Regulator
AAR Auxiliary Air Regulator

Last edited by Discseven; 03-12-2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:57 AM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Saw the milage than the pictures. Wow. GLWS. Gorgeous pcar.
Old 03-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Discseven
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Misplacedyankee
Saw the milage than the pictures. Wow. GLWS. Gorgeous pcar.
Thanks Yank.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:00 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

a thing of beauty..
Old 03-14-2016, 08:28 PM
Chalkboss
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 112 Posts

Drool. Very impressive, gorgeous 930. Wish I was in the market. Looked at your link, that is the way to sell a special car.
Old 03-15-2016, 12:41 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

great pics, nice website, I'd hunt down an original C/R radio and a correct compressor, it would be worth it.

Phil
Old 03-19-2016, 10:00 AM
Discseven
Rennlist Member

Thanks for comments guys. Much appreciated.

Agree with you Phil... period correct compressor would be an excellent touch to the engine bay. Did have an old York in my hands a few months ago. Thought about having it rebuilt and installed. I recall being too distracted by personal matters to deal with the York at the time so I passed on it. Do I regret it now... yeah... thanks for bringing it up! While I don't plan on keeping this car, in the event I do, I would return to the few things necessary to make the car 100% original... compressor included.

Quick Reply: 1979 Porsche 930