Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

ruf c4s rkompressor for sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 01:58 AM
RUFRKOMPRESSOR
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ruf c4s rkompressor for sale

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 18500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: black
Price (no $ sign please): $84900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Canada
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

2006 Porsche RUF C4S $84900

This is the only 997 RUF RKOMPRESSOR IN THE REGISTRY IN NORTH AMERICA , and from info I have received only 10-14 worldwide
SOME UPGRADES INCLUDE
RUF SUPERCHARGED DRIVETRAIN $50.000
HRE wheels $10000
Full OEM GT3 BODY $17000
Custom stereo ( all hidden ) $12000
Just to list a few
475 hp to the wheels
This car is a rocket and will take on all the exotics !

This car is literally brand new and showing no wear

The RUF is realistically valued at $125k , would appraise much higher
Due to the rarity of the car

If you want something special , this is it !

It is time for something new , I will look at partial or full trades

This is a very unique 2006 Porsche C4S with RUF Supercharger and GT3 body updates. A truly stunning car with only 18500 original Kms . Custom HRE, perfect paint
Flawless sand beige interior.

This Porsche received a $50K RUF conversion shortly after purchasing new in 2006 at RUF Auto Centre in Texas. They performed a RUF 3.8L 997 Kompressor upgrade. The 997 C4S body was upgraded to the Porsche OEM GT3 Aero Kit and painted to match the gloss black. And $12K was added in audio upgrades - and it does sound like it, as well as a K40 built-in radar detection.

Factory options are too numerous to list all. Here are a few: Alarm, Keyless Entry, Power Seat Package with Heated Front Seats, 6-Disc Changer, Power Sunroof, Xenon Headlights, Electronic Traction Control via ABS & Engine Management with Stability Control, Rain Sensing Wipers, Leather Steering Wheel, Tinted Windows and the Climate Controlled AC blow super cold air.

The car is only a 3 owner car with 18500 orig miles . Practically new. And has been extremely well maintained - used mainly for shows

located in calgary alberta canada
Attached Images      
Old 02-24-2015, 05:55 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,140 Likes on 3,913 Posts

I'll start by saying I have absolutely no affiliation with the seller, but am commenting here because I too have one of these R-Kompressor cars (see signaturer - silver one) and according to RUF in Germany, there are only 10-14 of these in the WORLD with only 3-4 in the US (this one, mine, and a GT Silver over Cocoa one), so if you like exclusivity at your Porsche club events or Cars & Coffee, this is your ticket.

For comparison, I also have a regular C2S (wife's pink on in signature again) and the power from this RUF modified car is not even in the same ballpark - think 997TT but without any turbo lag - more power than the 997 GT3. Coming home one night I downshifted and blew by the standard C2S doing 107 like it was going 50 - really, it's remarkable and will put a huge grin on your face every time you tap the power, which is always there. RUF states a 100 HP gain, but they're notorious for being overly conservative in their reporting of HP figures.

When RUF designed this kit, they didn't just slap a supercharger onto the standard 3.6 or 3.8 L engine (3.8L in this case). They changed the intakes, modified the airbox, changed where the air temp is taken and presented to the ECU (temp sensor now in the manifold after the kompressor for better accuracy), changed the cats, lowered the compression, added the front center radiator to ensure adequate cooling with an electric pump, and a lot more.

RUF is also known for thoroughly vetting their performance add-ons before releasing them to market and one of the reasons they are the only manufacturer that can purchase bodies and engines directly from Porsche on which to work their magic - they are classified in Germany as a manufacturer and not a tuner.

If you're in the market for a black C4S, don't let this one slip by without first checking it out - you'll be sorry, and if anything, it's underpriced at $85k and should probably be closer to $100k. You can't compare it to values of other low mile C4S cars - it's a RUF and they hold their values extremely well, just look up other RUF cars like the 993 R-Turbo.

Check out the 2 attachements. One is a photo set of the 997 engine. Every part that is shown in a color (green, yellow, etc) has been replaced from the stock component as part of the R-Kompressor kit. That's why RUF upgrades cost 2-3 times what the forced induction kits from other vendors run. The second attachment is a compilation of road tests of the R-Kompressor when it first came out in 2005 - nothing but rave reviews from anyone who was lucky enough to drop in behind the wheel. There's an even more extensive one done in excellence magazine #179 from September 2006, but the file size is too large and it won't allow me to upload it. I'll e-mail it to the seller if any of you would like a copy you can contact him.

I know my R-Kompressor fairly well if anyone has questions I can help to answer. OP, good luck with the sale, but I bet you'll be sad when she's gone
Old 02-24-2015, 10:43 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, need clean underwear! GL
Old 02-25-2015, 01:40 AM
MDKK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kms or mikes?

Originally Posted by RUFRKOMPRESSOR
2006 Porsche RUF C4S $84900

A truly stunning car with only 18500 original Kms

The car is only a 3 owner car with 18500 orig miles
Old 02-25-2015, 02:03 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

So sick. GLWS.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:31 AM
aaa335
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

hmmm. There is a 06 black c4s beige interior with the Kompressor i was looking at. No GT3 body kit, no HRE's. you think it is the same car? let me try to post link..
Old 08-20-2015, 12:40 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aaa335
hmmm. There is a 06 black c4s beige interior with the Kompressor i was looking at. No GT3 body kit, no HRE's. you think it is the same car? let me try to post link..
The car in Canada that was in this thread was sold to a guy in FL. Is the one you're looking at in FL? What's the asking price? I doubt there are too many black on tan C4S cars with a RUF supercharger kit and a factory GT3 Aero kit. A couple weeks ago there was also one for sale at RAC in Dallas, which used to be the US RUF dealer (RAC initially stood for RUF Auto Center, but in now just RAC), but I think that one has higher mileage.

One think I learned during my visit to RUF in Germany last month is that because these R-Kompressor kits go into Normally aspirated cars, they have to use a DME from a forced induction car, so the information you can view from a DME report will most likely not be accurate for the car you're viewing it in - for example, my DME report on my car that has about 45,000 miles shows 4x as many hours as my wife's C2S that has about 70,000 miles. This never made sense to me until they explained the donor DME rationale. Anything logged by the DME that's recent would apply though (like overrevs) in the last few hundred hours (depending on how long the current owner has had the car).
Old 08-20-2015, 12:55 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Is this the car you're looking at - http://www.racperformance.com/2006-P...-75006/5581334

Equipment looks decent too - Bose, Sport Chrono, Power Memory Seats, logo embossed headrests.

Looks like it's still for sale and at that price it's a steal. The one in Canada sold for $20k more than this one is advertised for.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:07 AM
aaa335
Racer

yeah, thats the one pete. I was in a rush when I looked at it but at first look it seemed to be in really good condition. I dont care for the wheels but those can easily be changed.

Im not quite ready to buy at the moment but if it is still around in a few months this will be very tempting.

What are your thoughts on the reliability of the kit? I have some other cars but this would be my primary driver likely getting 10k miles per year. I live a few miles from RAC in dallas so I could keep it serviced by those guys. have you had any issues specific to the Kompressor upgrade?
Old 08-20-2015, 01:22 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

yeah, thats the one pete. I was in a rush when I looked at it but at first look it seemed to be in really good condition. I dont care for the wheels but those can easily be changed.

Im not quite ready to buy at the moment but if it is still around in a few months this will be very tempting.

What are your thoughts on the reliability of the kit? I have some other cars but this would be my primary driver likely getting 10k miles per year. I live a few miles from RAC in dallas so I could keep it serviced by those guys. have you had any issues specific to the Kompressor upgrade?
I haven't had any major issues, although the guy I bought mine from had to replace the seals on the Supercharger at about 30,000 miles. The supercharger is an ASA unit and it can be rebuilt by returning it to RUF in Germany or possibly by sending it to ASA's West Coast operation in CA. Since I've owned the car, I had to fix two very minor things - one of the intake port caps came loose which created a vacuum leak and a CEL - smoke testing found the issue and just tightening the cap resolved it. I also broke a plastic vacuum check valve during a spirited drive somehow which caused a no-start issue. New check valve solved that one. Other than that, it's been great and you can't believe the difference in power over a standard C2S - it pulls like a Turbo without the lag. The supercharger is a centrifugal unit so when just cruising along on the highway it's essentially disengaged. I average about 21 MPG on trips and about 17-18 around town, but that's also because I can't help sticking my foot into it for the rush.

It's really awesome. Hope you get it - you won't be sorry and being close to RAC is a bonus. Their advertised HP figures are incorrect though. On the 3.8L motor, HP with the Kompressor kit is 455 and RUF usually underreports it too. I think with my intake and exhaust mods I'm probably closer to 475/480 but haven't put it on a dyno for validation.

Here's the photo gallery of mine - https://ruf997rkompressor.shutterfly.com/pictures
Old 08-20-2015, 11:36 PM
aaa335
Racer

Thanks for all the info pete. your car is really awesome. good to hear how much you enjoy it. Like I said I am still a few months away before moving on a a car so we will see if it still available when I am ready.

So what is the association between RUF and RAC now. If I wanted RUF parts or to do a RUF build on a car would RAC be able to do it? Is there still a RUF authorized shop in the US?
Old 08-21-2015, 12:52 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the info pete. your car is really awesome. good to hear how much you enjoy it. Like I said I am still a few months away before moving on a a car so we will see if it still available when I am ready.

So what is the association between RUF and RAC now. If I wanted RUF parts or to do a RUF build on a car would RAC be able to do it? Is there still a RUF authorized shop in the US?
There is not currently any association between RUF Automobile in Germany and RAC Performacnce in Dallas. I'm not sure if Hans Hoffman or Wayne Corley are even still there - they were the guys who opened the RUF Auto Center originally. After RUF Auto Center, RUF moved their representation to RUF Auto US & Intermeccanica out of Southfield, MI headed up by Mike Melville. Mike had it for a year or 2 before he didn't renew with RUF in Germany - there just wasn't enough volume of RUF activity over here for it to make sense for him.

According to RUF in Germany they are very close to formalizing with a new US Distributor that I understand will be West Coast based, which probably makes more sense as that's where a lot of the Porsche volume is in the US. Until that is in place, RUF in Germany will support it's US customer base directly with parts, accessories, etc - the one drawback is the shipping and export costs with the 19% VAT tax.

During my visit to Munich last month, I actually took a morning to drive over to Pfaffenhausen to tour the facility and was actually lucky enough to get a few minutes with Alois himself, his son, and the other great people over there. They have a great operation and took me on a 3 hour tour of the various facilities. Not only are they continuing to offer the unique vehicles in their product portfolio, but they're also doing unbelievable restorations of early 911 cars, even hand building new sheet metal panels for them that are NLA from Porsche.

Anyway, if you end up with one of their cars I'd be happy to provide contact information for some of the folks over there. I highly doubt that car in Dallas will be around in a few months though since it's priced at least $15-$20k below market value, but good luck.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:07 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

These are fantastic cars, I'd love to have one. I'm looking at a blk on blk 03 c4s ruf Kompressor currently.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:20 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
These are fantastic cars, I'd love to have one. I'm looking at a blk on blk 03 c4s ruf Kompressor currently.
Chris what abut this one..I know I know..not blk/blk..but it is a RUF vin car and must be a hoot to drive. http://www.dallasmotorsports.com/web...exas/24274908/

Sorry about the hijack to the op.
Old 08-25-2015, 12:16 AM
aaa335
Racer

What does it mean to be a ruf vin car? We're the vin cars modified after production and sold new or can a vin car be a conversion?

Quick Reply: ruf c4s rkompressor for sale