Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

01 996 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:24 PM
TMWTP
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 01 996 Turbo

Year: 2001
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 69763
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Seal grey
VIN: WP0AB29981S687682
Price (no $ sign please): $38000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): West
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Time to move on with my Defender project, so the Turbo needs to go! Originally purchased off Rennlist in 2011.

I am a licensed auto dealer in CO, so technically this is a dealer listing, but this is my private vehicle. I am able to do trade-ins and financing on it.

2001 seal-grey (L6B4) Porsche 996 Turbo, currently under 69,763 miles as of 1/9/14. Original MSRP was $127,005.00. Clean carfax (available upon request).

The car is currently at 3Zero3 Motorsports for service, and a front diff leak. It should be back to me by Jan 23, assuming parts get here in time.
  • all manuals
  • 6-speed manual
  • all-wheel drive
  • carbon fiber trimmed interior
  • xenon headlights
  • alcantara headliner
  • hydraulic rear wing
  • grey leather interior
  • power everything
  • cruise
  • AC/climate control
  • heated seats
  • traction control
  • aftermarket double-din CD/DVD/Nav with Ipod (32-pin) connector and bluetooth phone, aftermarket subwoofer and amp
  • tint
  • clear bra
  • lowered on H&R coil-overs
  • adjustable rear toe-links
  • B&M Short throw shifter
  • 18" GMG split-spoke forged wheels custom painted satin black (BBS style)
  • Michelin Pilot Sport tires 295 front, 315 rear, plenty of tread (less than 5k on them)
  • Fabspeed exhaust with GT2-style tips
  • power moon roof
  • OEM GT3 brake ducts
  • clutch replaced at 47k miles
  • Valentine V1 hard-wired with remote display
  • Porsche certificate of authenticity

The good:
Everything works. No 2nd-gear pop-out, no rear wing failure, no leaks. Exterior is in excellent shape. Everyone thinks it is a much newer car, and more expensive, than it really is. For a high-performance sports car, it really is practical. Between the AWD, and 2+2 seating, you could use this car every day in CO (except blizzard days), even with small children. My 12-year-old son fits in the back seat.

The bad:
The carbon trim around the air vents is peeling up. Known issue from this model. There are aftermarket replacement pieces available. One piece of trim is missing completely, and I have not been able to find anything but a factory replacement. However, it requires removing the windshield, so I have not ordered the piece. The plan was to wait until the windshield got cracked, but it's the factory windshield, and is very well built. Hardly pitted at all. There are some minor paint imperfections. Only visible up close, and are typical for the age/miles. Minor crack in tail light housing. Minor scratch in chrome cover for headlight washer on one side.

The ugly:
Front lip is cracked. These are very inexpensive, and easy to replace. It will be done before delivery.

The miscellaneous:
When I bought the car, it came with factory PCCB GT2 brakes. These are carbon-ceramic rotors and pads that cost in excess of $4k per corner. However, these are notorious for cracking, as two of mine were. They were replaced with steel rotors. The original ceramic rotors will be included in the sale...they're pretty! I was going to make a clock out of one of the cracked ones and sell the two good ones. Never got around to it. Also included will be the 19" Asanti wheels it came with. I personally prefered the satin-black 18" for a few reasons. Ride quality, handling, tire choice, tire cost, and appearance. But, they are cool wheels. I will also include a cover for the car. It is specific to this model, and fits perfectly. All receipts and records that were passed to me, and all that I've added will be included.

The best part about this particular model is that the value has bottomed out, and remained steady. It is worth almost as much as I paid for it in 2011. I absolutely love this car. The 911 Turbo has been my dream car since I was a kid. Great looks, and great performance without the quirks and high cost of other comparable Euro sports cars. I WILL own one again.

$38,000.00 for CO4x4.org members. I will be listing for $40k in the coming weeks. Located in Arvada, CO. Showings and information available upon request. Pre-purchase inspection (PPI) on request at buyer's expense. PM here or e-mail brulej at msn dot com

Here you can see the trim that is peeling:

Old 01-27-2015, 11:56 AM
TMWTP
Instructor

Bump
Old 02-10-2015, 03:49 PM
TMWTP
Instructor

Old 02-20-2015, 08:24 PM
TMWTP
Instructor

Old 03-04-2015, 06:39 PM
TMWTP
Instructor

bump
Old 03-14-2015, 08:23 PM
TMWTP
Instructor

New lip arrived. Battery is flat since I haven't been driving it, and forgot to hook up the charger, so it will have a new battery soon.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:03 PM
MertleTurtle
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's find a buyer for my lotus and I'll come get it
Old 03-18-2015, 01:02 PM
TMWTP
Instructor

Weather cleared up enough for a good detail and photos.

996 Turbo pics

Edit: Replaced battery today (forgot to put it on trickle charger while storing), and the front lip. Battery has 3-year free replacement, with 2-years pro-rated.

Last edited by TMWTP; 03-18-2015 at 11:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 01 996 Turbo