Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS 1997 Porsche 993 RS Clone

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 78010
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
VIN: WP0AA2991VS320180
Price (no $ sign please): $39900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Wrong color or I would be pinging you, man!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Black

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Wrong color or I would be pinging you, man!
Black isn't that bad! Like many know, when clean and waxed it is awesome. But man the smallest scratch can drive you crazy. Of course, only people like us would ever notice. Also, ever since I have had ate car the center vents have been stuck on full heat. My mechanic has the car and and the vacuum lever bolt is missing. So it works fine but needs the bolt replaced. Problem is he cannot get to it without removal of the whole unit. A ten hour removal job! Whatever it takes, this is getting fixed so that any PPI will show no faults.

Funny how we wait until selling the car to get everything working!
Old 08-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Alex, my 996TT DE weekend car was black and that just did me in on that color on any car ever again... the 993 is my favorite Porsche of all time, and I know all your cars are "right", so I would buy from you. Just not black! Hahahaha
Old 08-17-2013, 06:07 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Understood

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Alex, my 996TT DE weekend car was black and that just did me in on that color on any car ever again... the 993 is my favorite Porsche of all time, and I know all your cars are "right", so I would buy from you. Just not black! Hahahaha
Yes that must be hot sitting on the grid too. Thanks for the kind words. Have an interested Canadian who found me on eBay. I am sure whoever makes the purchase will enjoy.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:40 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice looking car. GLWS
Old 09-08-2013, 11:58 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Reinstalled DAS Roll Bar

Finally got around to reinstalling the rollbar. So posting pics of that, the seat, and the amp under the passenger seat.
Attached Images      
Old 09-29-2013, 01:31 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Pictures and Info

Still for sale. I was asked to take some underneath pics for a possible CA buyer.

From the wheels I see their sizes:

Fronts 8.5J X 18 H2 ET 52
Rears 10J X 18 H2 ET 65

Thanks!
Attached Images               
Old 10-31-2013, 06:14 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Price Reduced to $39,900

Relisted on eBay today and lowered the price to $39,900. Now that I have my 2002 996TT and do not have room in my garage for both cars (I have the black 993 in a storage unit near my home and drive it once a week) it should go to a new home. Thanks 993 people!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251370110891...84.m1555.l2649
Old 10-31-2013, 07:43 PM
tpd83911
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default overseas buyers

Great looking car!! I am a bit behind in this post but can offer my 2 cents on overseas buyers. I have sold 3 Porsches in the last 3 years to Germans. 993 TTS, 356C coupe and recently a 993 C2S. These have gone without any difficulty. I was fortunate and dealt with three extremely knowledgeable, careful, honest and straight-forward Porsche enthusiasts. All cars had very good documentation and then local PPIs of various rigor depending on the buyer. Two called and spoke directly with my mechanics that had worked on the cars. These were all completed by wire transfer of funds. Pick-up and shipping all arranged by purchaser. Actually, the same process as US sale if purchaser does not personally inspect. I took pay-pal deposit on last car because of speed of transfer and then wire for balance. Pay-pal was very expensive and I would not repeat this for any large transfer of money. I used ebay for the 356 and auto trader or rennlist for the 993s. Good luck with sale!!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by tpd83911
Great looking car!! I am a bit behind in this post but can offer my 2 cents on overseas buyers. I have sold 3 Porsches in the last 3 years to Germans. 993 TTS, 356C coupe and recently a 993 C2S. These have gone without any difficulty. I was fortunate and dealt with three extremely knowledgeable, careful, honest and straight-forward Porsche enthusiasts. All cars had very good documentation and then local PPIs of various rigor depending on the buyer. Two called and spoke directly with my mechanics that had worked on the cars. These were all completed by wire transfer of funds. Pick-up and shipping all arranged by purchaser. Actually, the same process as US sale if purchaser does not personally inspect. I took pay-pal deposit on last car because of speed of transfer and then wire for balance. Pay-pal was very expensive and I would not repeat this for any large transfer of money. I used ebay for the 356 and auto trader or rennlist for the 993s. Good luck with sale!!
Thanks for the feedback. Aside from the one potential foreign buyer, I have not seen much interest since. I continue to hear that the 993 is selling for more due to the exchange rate and desireability of the cars. Since yesterday, I have three interested people all on the east coast. I know this is a great car and priced correctly. Just need to find the right person I guess.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

I'm very surprised this car is still for sale.

Nicely set up with a full re-spray too, it will be one of those threads that once it sells, all of a sudden other interested parties will realize they missed out!

The right buyer will come along, the 993 market is strong right now with limited inventory too, patience!
Old 11-02-2013, 09:35 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Pep Talk

Originally Posted by Knight
I'm very surprised this car is still for sale.

Nicely set up with a full re-spray too, it will be one of those threads that once it sells, all of a sudden other interested parties will realize they missed out!

The right buyer will come along, the 993 market is strong right now with limited inventory too, patience!
Thanks...I needed that. Patience
Old 11-03-2013, 03:24 AM
doc_porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Wish you were on west coast.
Glws
Old 11-03-2013, 04:58 AM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bella1
Thanks...I needed that. Patience
hey I know early on you mentioned a possible buyer from Dubai..by any chance was his first 3 letters of his ebay screen name Bil? if so I sold him a Ruf bumper and he is a serious collector/buyer.,,just curious
Old 11-04-2013, 12:49 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Foreign Buyer

Originally Posted by speednme
hey I know early on you mentioned a possible buyer from Dubai..by any chance was his first 3 letters of his ebay screen name Bil? if so I sold him a Ruf bumper and he is a serious collector/buyer.,,just curious
I do not recall. He may have sent a PM or email but I did not save it. The conversation did not go that far.

Quick Reply: FS 1997 Porsche 993 RS Clone