Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

FS: 1997 Porsche 993; black/classic grey; excellent driver; the right upgrades

Old 07-08-2013, 12:22 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 146 Posts
Default FS: 1997 Porsche 993; black/classic grey; excellent driver; the right upgrades

Year: 1997
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 62500
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: black
Price (no $ sign please): $38500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I apologize in advance for the long for sale ad, but I wanted to try and answer all of the questions I had when I was looking for one as well as give people a full overview of the car.

I have decided it is time to sell my first 911. I had lusted after one since riding in and driving my Dads 993’s growing up – I even searched for his first 993 for several months before finding it had gone overseas and was being reborn. I have gone back and forth for a while, but I want to get back into racing and do not need 4 cars at this point. So, with what I am sure I will regret later, my 1997 Porsche 993 C2 is now for sale.

Below you will find a full description and list of everything I have done since owning the car. I have kept a detailed logbook since the day I purchased it from a PCA member in Little Rock, Arkansas. This car is better than the day I got it, and ready for the next owner to enjoy. The car will be sold with the original interior (steering wheel, seats, gear shift **** and ebrake handle). I am planning to save some of the interior items for my next 993 (yes, I will buy another one someday!!).

Original Order Specs:
• Black exterior over classic grey interior (partial leather)
• 6-speed manual
• Motor Sound
• OEM 17” Cup 2’s with color crests – tires have about 5-6K miles on them
• OEM tool kit
• OEM car cover

Condition:
• 62,500 original miles; no accidents; no track time
• Exterior condition is great for age and mileage; front bumper has chips and nicks commensurate with mileage (always washed by hand, kept in climate controlled garage, fully detailed regularly – see log book below for more info). Make no mistake, the paint is not perfect. There are some imperfections with the paint in a few places. Pictures from June 15, 2013 (during windshield install) show NO rust at base of A-pillars.
• Interior condition is great; OEM seats in good condition with driver seat showing minor wear in normal bolster spot; there is one tiny tear in the vinyl on the passenger side behind the passenger seat lower on the B pillar (didn’t notice until after I got it home and detailed the interior)
• Wheels were completely refinished right before I purchased the car and look perfect (previous owner gave me receipt)– no curb rash at all
• Everything works as it should including switches, motors, etc
• I have put about 5500 miles on the car, changing the oil twice and have not needed to add oil in between changes
Notable upgrades/maintenance that I completed:
• New Bilstein HD shocks w/ OEM MO33 springs, aligned and set to RS ride height
• Walrod front control arm bushings
• Rennsport Systems Immobilizer delete (no longer have to worry about it stranding you!)
• FD Motorsports Golden Rod
• FD Motorsports short shift
• FD Motorsports Wide oval tips
• Brand new OEM windshield installed by reputable Porsche dealer using factory templates; all new gaskets installed; no A-pillar rust
• Kenwood headunit with all new speakers behind factory grills, maintaining OEM look (OEM headunit included in sale)
• New SAI check valve and full port cleaning – no codes
• DDM Tuning HID headlights
• New rotors and pads
• 60K mile service completed
• New belts and belt sensor
• New Bosch starter

Records:
I have partial records for the car, including my notes and a pile of receipts from the previous owner. However, that is where it stops. I do have a sheet showing that I am the 4th unique owner (it looks like it was sold back to the same guy twice), 3 owners are confirmed Porsche Club members (myself, the guy I bought it from and the guy he bought it from). Obviously, since I purchased it, I have gone over most of it and completed maintenance on many potential problem spots. I would love to have all records since the car was delivered new, but potential owners should know I do not have all records; however, you can see the detail with which I have cared for it. Below are the results of the PPI with compression and leak-down I had performed in 2011 prior to purchasing. The results are as follows, as well as my notes on what I did about it:

• Engine leaking oil from valve overs and timing chain cover (I changed the valve cover gaskets, but there is still a drop or two every couple of weeks from the timing chain cover)
• The car has had paintwork, but shows no signs of mechanical or structural damage – the previous owner had the rear bumper repainted after scratching it in his garage. The work done was excellent.
• Needs rear deck shocks (all rear and front lid shocks were replaced and function excellent now)
• Brake rotors are grooved and need replaced (I replaced all rotors and pads)
• #6 spark plug wire has cut (I replaced all spark plugs and checked the wires…there was a little cracking but nothing urgent and I have no replaced the plug wires yet)
• Starter has noise from bendix (I replaced the starter with a new OEM Bosch unit)
• Windshield has rock chip in line of sight (I replaced with OEM windshield)
• Rock guards appear to have been removed – also had clear mask on the front that was removed
• Needs 60K service soon (I completed this)
• Include aux belts and brake fluid ABS flush (I completed this as well)

Cylinder Compression (cold):
1. 200 psi
2. 205 psi
3. 200 psi
4. 200 psi
5. 205 psi
6. 205 psi

Cylinder Leak-down (cold, cylinders tested between 9-10%; warm, they tested 6%)

Here is everything I have completed, in order, directly from my logbook:

4/16/2011 – 57,300 miles – Drove to Little Rock, AR with my Dad and purchased the 993 from a long-time PCA owner. Placed the car in our enclosed trailer and brought it straight home.

4/17/2011 thru 4/19/2011 – 57,300 miles - Full exterior detail (polish, seal, glaze, wax); full interior detail with carpet clean and leather treatment. Remove and service rear spoiler gear; remove and lubricate door strap assembly; remove engine tray; move passenger seat to rear mounting holes; replaced rear deck lid shocks.

4/20/2011 – 57,300 – Replaced passenger window switch on drive side

4/26/2011 – 57,400 – Removed and cleaned ISV; Mobil 1 15w-50 oil change with both filters

5/25/2011 – 57,939 – Replaced front speakers with Kicker 08KS5250 speakers and installed using OEM grills; replaced rear speakers using Alpine Type-S SPS-406 speakers and installed using OEM grills; removed and cleaned headlight housings and headlight lenses; replaced driver-side door strap assembly with new OEM assembly; Installed new Pagid Yellow brake pads front and rear.

6/3/2011 – 58,581 – Removed, disassembled and fully cleaned fog light housings. Painted plastic fog light housings in reflective silver.

7/1/2011 – 58,600 – Installed new Bilstein HD shocks with OEM MO33 springs; installed Walrod front control arm bushings; Full alignment; A/C charged.

7/10/2011 – 57,750 – Removed and serviced starter motor

9/10/2011 – 59,215 – Removed old SAI check valve; full SAI port cleaning; installed new SAI check valve; installed FD Motorsports golden rod shift linkage; installed new valve cover gaskets.

10/1/2011 – 59,312 – Changed transmission fluid (swepco); bled clutch slave cylinder

10/30/2011 – 59,710 – Removed and replaced front hood struts; installed Kenwood head unit with BT phone capabilities, HD radio, USB input and SAT radio capabilities.

At the end of the fall season, the car was winterized and stored in a climate-controlled garage. It was regularly moved to complete maintenance work and driven if weather cooperated and there was NO SALT on the roads:

12/2011 – 59, 875 - Installed new rotors; serviced calipers and repainted red; full exterior paint detail including polish, seal, wax; modified rear spoiler control module to make it manually operated by switch on center console and not speed dependent.

1/2012 – 59,875 – Completed full 60,000 mile service (including fuel filter, air filter, distributer caps and rotors, spark plugs). Also replaced valve cover gaskets.

3/2012 – 59,990 – Changed power steering fluid; Sent ECU to Rennsport Systems to have them disable immobilizer; installed 996 3-spoke steering wheel; removed sunroof to replace gaskets and felt and lubricate tracks; installed FD golden rod and short shift.

I enjoyed driving the car all summer!! ☺

9/2012 – 61,311 – Installed DDM HID headlights; installed new v-belts (AC, fan, Alternator belts); installed new fan belt sensor.

10/20/2012 – 61,725 – Mobil 1 15w-50 oil change including both filters; installed new vacuum actuator valve; prepared car for winter.

3/25/2013 – 62,100 – Installed new Bosch starter

4/20/2013 – 62,200 – Installed new 997 black leather seats

4/25/2013 – 62,205 – Installed R61 relay to completely get rid of the need to use the immobilizer button to start the car.

6/25/2013 – 62,550 – New OEM windshield properly installed by Porsche of Omaha

It pains me to even think about selling this car as I write up this ad, given everything I have put into it to make it the perfect 993. I encourage any questions you might have and look forward to it finding a good home. I just ask that the buyer give me the option to purchase it back before listing it in the future ☺. Given all of the upgrades and maintenance I have completed to make this the perfect 993 driver, I am asking $38,500.

My contact info:
Email: sklehr2 at gmail dot com
PM me for cell phone number
Car is located in Iowa.
Attached Images      
Old 07-08-2013, 12:23 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

More pics!
Attached Images     
Old 07-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Bully67
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great car . . . I've been thinking about adding to the double owner 911 thread. GLWS.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Fine looking example, right mods, good price. GLWS.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:15 AM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Fine looking example, right mods, good price. GLWS.
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Todd Campbell
Track Day

Hi, I'm interested. Know Steve from Rennsport for many years and he recommended I check this out. I'd like to discuss on phone with you. I'm in Denver, not too far away. How can we connect and discuss.

Todd
Old 09-01-2013, 08:33 PM
cutter888
Intermediate

still for sale?
Old 09-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cutter888,

This car is long gone. Sold in about 5 days.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=46294

Nice examples have sold more recently in 24 hours or less. The 993 market is hot right now.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:11 PM
fdboyd
Intermediate

Default 1997 993 in Nashville

Car is in Nashville. Great car and seller. Clean PPI, only replaced one of license plate bulbs. Added uber silver Carrera LWs, SO4s and RS steering wheel. Looks great lowered.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:32 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Thanks mark and Fred. Sold pretty quick to Fred. Easy transaction with a great buyer. Def miss that car but glad it found a good home.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:43 PM
fdboyd
Intermediate

Default 1997 Porsche 993; black/classic grey; excellent driver; the right upgrades

I have an unexpected opportunity to buy a known track car from within my network that I want to pusue. As a result, the 997 listed below is for sale. This is a great car and is as good as described earlier with orginal classic grey seats and steering wheel. I had to move quickly to buy it earlier. Do not miss it.

$38,500 w/OEM 993 Cup II 17" wheels, very good Pilot Sports
$40,000 w/newly refinished Carrera LW 5 spoke/18" and new SO4s (photo available)
993 RS steering wheel also available

fdboyd@bellsouth.net
Old 10-22-2013, 04:05 PM
skl2
Rennlist Member

Fred bought the car from me...was simple and quick transaction. Anyone looking for a great 993, this is one.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
fdboyd
Intermediate

Recent photo of car with Carrera LW 5 spoke 18"s and SO4s on PCA The Mart and Pelican Parts.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:01 PM
FJJB
AutoX

very nice car.

where is it located?

to confirm, car is being sold without the black (look like 997) seats or the newer (looks like 996) steering wheel??
Old 10-22-2013, 09:38 PM
fdboyd
Intermediate

The car in Nashville. It is being sold with the original Classic Gray seats and OEM gray steering wheel.

Newly refinished (uber silver) Carrera LW 5 spoke 18"s with new SO4s and new RS steering wheel are available seperately.

Thanks for asking

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: 1997 Porsche 993; black/classic grey; excellent driver; the right upgrades