Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1985 Carrera Turbo Look Coupe M491 !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:39 PM
drola
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 114 Posts
Default 1985 Carrera Turbo Look Coupe M491 !!

Year: 1985
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 49500
Color: Sapphire Blue Metallic
VIN: WP0ABO910FS121411
Price (no $ sign please): $39500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

up for sale is my personal car. please see pic of certificate of authenticity. this is one of only 250 491's that were imported into the u.s. in 1985.
this is a spectacular porsche 911 Carrera M491 optioned factory wide body turbo look car with only 49500 original miles. if you are looking at this i'm sure you already know that the m491 cars have all the turbo upgrades minus the turbo. you get turbo brakes (lovely lovely brakes), turbo wheels, turbo suspension and those very beautiful w-i-d-e fenders.
let's start with the exterior. the sapphire blue metallic paint sparkles in the sunlight. probably the most beautiful blue i've ever seen on any car and it's the only 1985 491 in this color that i've been able to find through all my research. most of the paint is original. i know the previous owner had the hood repainted because of some rock chips but otherwise i'm pretty sure the rest of the paint is original. there is a tiny door ding on the leading edge of the passenger door (see pic) and also on the passenger side rear fender flare there is a ding/scratch (again, see pic). the turbo spoiler is in mint condition. being that this is a 28 year old car the paint does have some very minor chips and such from normal use but otherwise very very nice.
the interior features navy blue leather. the door panels are mint. the carpet is mint. the headliner is mint. all lights, gauges, switches etc except cruise work as they should. there are a couple of spots on the dash where the blue has scratched off (i'm told this is very common with these blue dashes) and there is a tiny itty bitty crack in the dash up by the fresh air defrost vent right next to the windshield. the powered sport seats are deliciously comfortable. the bottom of the driver seat has a split seam. that is the only imperfection. the passenger seat is mint. the rear seats are mint. there is an alpine head unit with an alpine digital amp, focal mids/highs and 2 JL Audio 8's in a custom enclosure behind the front seats. and check out the starting procedure sticker on the glove box door. i have never seen one of those and probably will never see one again. the a/c works as it should but they were an afterthought on these cars so it does not blow all that cold, but it does work as it should.
the wheels are the original fuchs 16x 7&8's with excellent tires.
the engine runs excellent. no smoke. no leaks. engine is nice and dry (as well as clean) underneath. i recently dropped the engine due to a broken clutch fork. at that time (less than 1000 miles ago) i obviously replaced the clutch fork, complete clutch kit, rebuilt both passenger side cv axles (driver side were fine). i adjusted the valves and new gaskets. changed the case breather gasket, chain housing gaskets (just to be safe). gasses exit through a fabspeed pre-muffler and fabspeed 911RS muffler that sounds outstanding !!
the transmission shifts excellent (dare i say almost as good as my old g50). at the time of the clutch job i replaced all oil seals on any shaft going in or coming out of the tranny. i also installed a Seine spring loaded gate shift kit. MAJOR improvement. did i mention it shifts flawlessly? not a single grind, worn syncro, nothing. just pure shifting pleasure. and how could i forget the factory LSD :-)
the original tool kit and jack are included. sorry but i do not have the original air compressor.
this is a very reliable car. i would not hesitate to drive it anywhere right now. fly in to miami or ft lauderdale and drive home. nothing is being intentionally hidden about this car but being that it is 28 years old it is not absolutely perfect but close. car is being sold as is with no warranties expressed or implied. the carfax report does show some sort of rear accident. i have been in, out and under this car and can honestly tell you that i see absolutely no sign of any damage other than the two bumper pads don't exactly match. it may just have been a small bump or something but i want to disclose and be as honest as possible.
all in all this is a mostly original, low mile, collector quality authentic M491 coupe. treat yourself, you won't regret it.
clean and clear Florida title in MY name. again, this is my personal car. it was always my dream to own one of these but now i must move on to other things.
you will have a VERY hard time finding another 1985 911 much less an authentic M491 Turbo Look 911 that even comes close to mine !!!!!
here is a slideshow. it also shows the car with some kinesis wheels, a momo retro steering wheel and spoiler delete, none of which are included with the car. the car comes stock as you see it in the pics of the car in its stock form.
slideshow: http://s1117.photobucket.com/user/dr...20Turbo%20Look
asking $39500 OBO. get your cash together and come make me an offer.
call pedro 7864121172
located in Hollywood, FL
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY !!!!!!! this is not a bargain car. it is a collector's car that will only go up in value. if you don't have that much to spend or are looking for a bargain please look elsewhere
Attached Images      
Old 06-27-2013, 02:45 PM
cds4402
Rennlist Member

Received 199 Likes on 69 Posts

Wow, I love that color and the look of the deep dish fuchs in the rear.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:32 PM
drola
Rennlist Member

ttt
Old 07-11-2013, 09:27 PM
drola
Rennlist Member

SOLD

Quick Reply: 1985 Carrera Turbo Look Coupe M491 !!