Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1974 914 Limited Edition AKA BumbleBee

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:45 PM
Deems Riddle
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1974 914 Limited Edition AKA BumbleBee

Year: 1974
Make: Porsche
Model: 914
Mileage (numbers only please): 76000
Color: Black
VIN: 4742914915
Price (no $ sign please): $18900
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Cassette

We are offering a 1974 Porsche 914 2.0 Limited Edition (AKA L.E.), black with yellow trim for sale. VIN#4742914915. Clear title and Porsche Certificate of Authenticity will be provided. Car located in Tennessee.

Four year restoration was completed in 2001 and garage kept since. The car has only been in the rain 2-3 times since. It is owned restored by 28 year PCA member. It was restored to very original condition.

Body: Car disassembled and rust was repaired in longitudinals, using 11 gauge sheet metal and MIG welder.
Some rust spots were likewise repaired in floor. The battery support & tray were replaced with new parts. A frame stiffening kit was also installed at rear suspension areas. We repainted with Sikkens paint, jet black & sunflower yellow to match original colors. Base coat, clear coat system was used with yellow negative stripe. As it is a factory LE, it had little rust in the roll hoop as can be seen in restoration pictures. New rubber seals for body & doors were installed. I also installed new bumper tops, front & rear as well as bumper over riders. I installed a Porsche crest on hood. European front and taillight lenses come with the car as well as factory fog lights. There is one small dent in quarter panel above left tail light (see photo), good candidate for paint-less dent removal.

It has a full set of 5 original factory Mahle alloy limited edition wheels with spare. The centers were repainted Sunflower yellow. Factory jack & tool kit are included. Also I have a new set of 5 195/60 Goodyear RS-A mounted.

The car came with factory Sway bars and new bushings have recently been installed. The brake calipers were recently rebuilt and rotors replaced as well. A new 19 mm master cylinder was installed. The pedal cluster was rebuilt with bronze bushings and a new accelerator pedal installed.

I relocated the fuel pump & filter to the front trunk, using all new OEM Porsche fuel and vacuum hoses as well as new Stainless Steel tubing.

The numbers-matching 2.0 liter engine has the original fuel injection. When it was rebuilt, new bearings, valves, guides, fuel injectors, Euro Pistons & cylinders, flywheel surfaced, clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing were installed. All seals & gaskets were replaced. I re-bushed the distributor, installed new F.I. trigger points and added a Pertronix ignition for ease of maintenance. Of course, I used new distributor cap & wires, with a factory RPM limiting rotor. I installed 2.0 liter SSI stainless steel heat exchangers and new factory 2 liter muffler.

The 5 speed side shift transmission was rebuilt using new bearings & synchros. New bushings were installed in shifter mechanism.

As you can see, new carpet has been installed and the factory dash is without the usual cracks. The factory center console has gauges (Volt, oil temp, & clock). Intermittent wiper is as option and the electric washer pump comes from a 914/6. I added an oil pressure gauge to the left gauge replacing the large red light at the top. I added a dual sending unit to retain oil pressure warning light also. The seats are in excellent condition with no tears but are non-pleated. The original pleated seats go with car but will need to be recovered. It has a new windshield and I added a right hand side mirror.

Restoration was completed in 2001. Car has been driven approximately 6,500 miles over past 10 years since restoration. The paint is still very nice but there are a few scratches. The shut lines are very good and the bod is very straight.

The odometer showed 69,014 miles when I purchased the car but it was not working. Odometer was repaired and now shows approximately 76K miles but actual mileage is not correct. I do not know how many miles the car was driven with broken odometer prior to my purchase. During the last two years, I had only put 250 miles on it.

The first of this year, I decided to prepare the car for our PCA regions Winterfest concours. I removed the engine and transmission. After removing all engine sheet metal, I cleaned the engine and painted the engine sheet metal. I replaced the crankshaft oil seals, put new connector boots on fuel injection wiring harness. I adjusted the valves and changed the oil and filter. I replaced the fuel lines, vacuum hoses and injector seals. I replaced transmission input shaft seal, shifter shaft seal, speedometer drive o-ring and back-up light switch. I cleaned the suspension components, rebuilt calipers front and rear, installed new seals and repacked the front wheel bearings.

I have enjoyed this 914 for years and have owned Porsches since 1980. Work now requires travel and my interests have changed. Unfortunately it is time to find it a good home.

Deems Riddle and I will aid with a PPI and shipping. I will answer and questions. Thanks for your interest.

Deems Riddle cell 423 322 3886
Attached Images           
Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Bola964
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice car! GLWS.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:00 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice 914. GLWS.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Deems Riddle
Intermediate

Default Rocker and Hell Hole Pictures

It doesn't get much more solid than this.
Attached Images         
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Deems Riddle
Intermediate

Default Floor and suspension shots

Floors and suspension shots.
Attached Images           
Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 PM
dinodog
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mighty fine looking 914 Deems! My 11 year old son has me looking at 914's. he says that we need to sell my 996 and get a yellow one. Funny, because my first Porsche was a yellow 73 914 and I've never told him that! Hope you are doing well.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Creamsicle New Z
5th Gear

Default 914 LE

Deems I don't suppose you have another of these on the go do you? The LE you had for sale was incredible and I'm looking for one myself as a long term purchase.
Thanks in advance.
Steve
Old 02-12-2015, 05:57 PM
Gruber
Rennlist Member

Default Hey

there was someone on the Pelican forum looking for one.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...le-reward.html
Old 02-12-2015, 08:13 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 880 Likes on 533 Posts

Looks like a nice car for a decent price... seat inserts do look weird- why were they not pleated when redone?? Otherwise a very good example which should be snapped up quickly...
Old 02-12-2015, 11:59 PM
RalphC22
Cruisin'

Is your 194 still for sale ?
Dr.C

Quick Reply: 1974 914 Limited Edition AKA BumbleBee