Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1969 911 Coupe ex-Rothsport

Old 05-05-2013, 03:41 PM
Omnivore
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1969 911 Coupe ex-Rothsport

Year: 1969
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 110000
Color: GP White
VIN: 119xxxxxxxxxxx
Price (no $ sign please): $47000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Carbs
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Very nice, solid west coast car, no accidents nor rust. Laser straight body with perfect gaps. Door have the 'ping' when shut. Little use since completion of this Rothsport hotrod.
It is a crisp, quick lovely early 911 ready to be enjoyed.

'69 non-sunroof coupe in GPW. Bare metal glass out respray from red. New windshield and all rubber body seals. Perfect floors and pans with new Wurth stone guard.

Fresh 3L SC with PMOs, MSD, SSIs. Strong with fantastic sounds. Setrab front cooler.

915 is good later unit but 1st gear syncro weak. Completely usable with no other issues.

Steel SC flares, 7s and 8s x 16 Fuchs with P Zeros.
930 front brakes, drilled rotors and cooling ducts.
C2S rear brakes.

Bilsteins F/R, aggressive chassis setup with excellent balance, grip and steering feel. Perfect low stance.

Nice interior with excellent Sparcos and 4pt Sabelts. Momo prototipo, RS panels, rear seats gone. Excellent black headliner.

I bought the car from Jeff Gamroth (Rothsport ) last year. I've known and done business with Jeff for many years, since he first started his own shop.
I initially intended to convert it to more of family touring car with rear seats, standard belts, etc. It's a bigger job than I thought, plus the car has a sporting character which would be diluted somewhat. Plus my son will soon outgrow the rear seats!
In the last year I've driven it maybe 10-15 times for short runs near my house. It hasn't seen a track that I'm aware of.

If you are unfamiliar with Rothsport, they have a national if not international reputation as one of the pre eminent 911 shops. Jeff went to LeMans with AJR and won the GT class in a 911RSR.

My car was initially built as a loose interpretation of a Carrera RS. Rothsport did the chassis, brakes, steering, PMO carburetors, general tuning and setup. The SC 3L and 915 gearbox were already done and approved by Jeff Gamroth. Any car finished, tuned and set up by Rothsport is going to extremely good, period. Everything will of the best equipment, technique and craftsmanship.

The car is far more potent than an original RS but retains the excellent feel of a snarly (240hp), lightweight (2200#) vintage 911. IMO the setup is perfect. I would not change anything. It has front monoballs which give the front end very quick response. It is stiff but not uncomfortable, particularly with the Sparco seats. They are the most comfortable racing seats I've experienced--nicer than Recaro SRDs or SPGs. And they're like new.

It previously had all the RS graphics which I removed except the small ducktail script. The graphics come off easily by carefully using a heat gun. Now it's a blank canvas to do whatever look one wishes. For ideas, you may want to check out:

http://magnuswalker911.blogspot.com/?m=1
and/or

http://singervehicledesign.com/

The market for early 911s is extremely strong with no sign of softening. Acquiring a fine early 911 is a wise investment. A car's connection to a renowned shop only enhances its cache among the cognoscenti.
And you get to enjoy the investment while it appreciates in value.

That is my car in a nutshell. I'm happy to provide any more information that you require.

Matthew Flier

$47,000
Serious buyers only please-
correspondence via PM for photos, videos and info.
Location Portland, OR

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0094009/ph...03/8699477620/

http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0094009/ph...03/8696885071/
Old 05-05-2013, 05:25 PM
M3EvoBR
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry can't watch the videos, sounds really interesting per your description.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

Beautiful.....I will add one to my garage like this one day
Old 05-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Omnivore
Rennlist Member

Guten tag Rennlisters--

I'm happy to entertain offers. The car is very right--not always a given when building a car!
New pics can be viewed at:
http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0094009/ph...03/8696885071/

Thanks-
Matthew
Old 05-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Dumans24
Track Day

Hello. I was wondering if this 911 is still for sale. THANKS, Kevin

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1969 911 Coupe ex-Rothsport