Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2006 Cayenne Turbo $18.500

Old 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
Default SOLD 2006 Cayenne Turbo $18.500

Year: 2006
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayenne
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayenne Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 108200
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Silver
VIN: WP1AC29P96LA90441
Price (no $ sign please): $18500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Sorry about the lengthy description below but I hope this answers most questions. Please email me chrisb@drextec dot com with any others!

Would make an awesome tow vehicle, that was my plan but never got the trailer...

2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo in very nice condition. VIN #: WP1AC29P96LA90441

Located in New Hope, PA 18938

While I hate to do it, it’s time to sell my 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Adult owned and all maintenance done - ready to drive many more carefree miles. Just about every option offered in 2006 is on this Turbo, and the original sticker price was $106,000. The first owner was one of the Snapple Beverage owners and traded the car in after one year with 15K miles (apparently a standard practice of his…). I purchased this Cayenne from the second owner (a major Porsche fanatic and Rennlist member ) in 2010 with 77K miles. There are 108K miles now. The Cayenne was CPO (Certified Pre Owned) for 100K miles or until 11/2011 and was always dealer serviced during this time. All service records are available from new.

If you are reading this, you probably already know all about the Cayenne Turbo from 2006, with its top of the line black leather interior, aluminum trim, smooth and incredibly powerful 450HP Twin-Turbo V8 engine, all-wheel drive, air suspension and safety features galore. And of course the wonderful luxury equipment that make it a fun car to drive every day, like automatic wipers/headlights, panoramic glass moon roof, memory seats and Bose stereo with subwoofer. Even the rear passengers get the luxury treatment with heated seats and the separate 4 Zone Climate Control option (not found in many Cayenne’s thanks to the $1,690 cost).

This is a proper Porsche that drives better than any other SUV made, but I may be biased. As a top of the line Turbo model with the “Custom Tailoring” option (normally found only on the Turbo S), the interior features almost every surface as leather covered, including steering wheel, dashboard, center console, armrest, front and rear seats and door handles and panels. The headliner is Alcantara and beautiful. There are real aluminum accents on the dash, center console and doors. The interior is in overall very good condition, with no rips or other damage to the seats or carpeting. Front seats are all electric with memory for 3 drivers and 5 level seat heating. Rear seats are also heated! The Light Comfort Package with Memory is an installed option on this Cayenne and adds lots of convenience lighting. A Motorola Bluetooth adapter is installed for hands free calling.

The engine is the 4.5 liter twin turbo V8, with awesome power and very smooth operation. The standard features on the Turbo Cayenne vehicle are many, and are listed at the end of the description. The optional features on this turbo really checked a lot of boxes on the order form. Panoramic Sunroof, Rear Climate Control, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 20” Sport Techno Wheels, Alcantara Headliner and more. Here is the complete options list:
BASE 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (9PA AF1) $90,200
8E Crystal Silver Metallic 0
8E Crystal Silver Metallic Top 0
NQ Black Smooth Leather 0
C02 US Standard Emissions 0
CY3 20” Sport Techno Wheel 3,710
3F0 Panoramic Roof System 3,900
3X1 Ski Bag 0
7A2 6 Disc CD Changer 650
9AH 4-Zone Air Conditioning 1,690
QV8 Satellite Radio SIRIUS 990
0TD Front and Rear Floor Mats 130
7X1 Rearview Camera w/Park Assist 1,680
PD4 Light Comfort Package/Memory 610
2JC Stainless Steel Nose Trim 740
3Y4 Roll up Sunscreen-1/4 Windows 190
SW5 Custom Tailoring Cayenne 0
BAG Side Mirror/Roof Spoiler Aluminum 850
Total with Options $105,340
DSTCHG Destination Charge 815
Total Cost $106,155

The front interior seats are in very good condition, the rear seats are in fair condition but present well. There is one missing trim piece under the rear cup holder, a small plastic door over the power outlet area. The carpets are in very good condition, always covered with factory floor mats. The door panels are very good, as is the rear cargo area. The Cayenne has a Porsche Factory Cargo Bed Liner insert installed, this is a very sturdy plastic liner under and around the cargo area. Also included with the factory carpet mats are a set of the heavy duty Porsche Factory Plastic Floor Liners, which have been in the car since I purchased it.

The Turbo has PCM (Porsche Communications Management) with Navigation and Sirius Satellite Radio. The Satellite system appears to have a lifetime license installed and works very well with the Bose sound system. Everything works as it should, including the backup camera.

This Turbo has air suspension and PASM (active shock absorbers) all of which work perfectly. The air suspension option also provides an air filter hose under the passenger seat for inflating tires, beach toys and the like.

Park assist sensors front and rear work perfectly and include clever indicators on the top of the dashboard and the rear roof so you can keep your eyes looking out and still get the sensor reading. Sound is also provided.

The most expensive option on this SAV is the Panoramic Roof System. It is truly huge, has multiple opening modes and includes a motorized privacy screen. The roof works great and really opens up the interior for the front and rear seat passengers. Even if you never open it, you will love having it.

Exterior is Crystal Silver metallic with a Smooth Black Leather Interior. Paint is all original, there is no paintwork and there have been no accidents. There are some chips on the front and rear bumper covers, and a 1” square deep rub mark on the right front bumper cover. If you wanted the paint perfect these covers would need to be re-sprayed but the rest of the vehicle looks great. There are optional Aluminum covers on the Side Mirrors and Rear Spoiler. The front bumper cover has an optional stainless steel center “skid plate” that looks great. All of these are from the factory and included when the car was delivered as “Exclusive” options.

The 20” Sport Techno wheels are in fair condition and have no bends/cracks but do have curb rash, two wheels worse than the others (passenger side). The 20” wheels have Pirelli Scorpion Mud & Snow tires installed with perhaps 60% tread remaining. An additional set of 18” five spoke wheels in good condition also with Pirelli Scorpion Tires (new in 2010) are included with 40% tread remaining, and the very nice Porsche Crest Center Caps fit both wheels. I find the 20” wheels look better but the 18” wheels ride better.

Shortly after purchase I installed the Porsche Factory Mudflaps (yes, mudflaps on a Turbo) which are very nicely made and protect the paint well. These can be removed with no ill effects if desired. Also installed clear front turn signal lenses, the originals will be included (but the clear Euro version look much nicer).
This vehicle has been treated to _better_ than the recommended maintenance schedule, with synthetic oil used in the engine since new. All factory maintenance records are available, and the vehicle was serviced exclusively at the Porsche dealer until I purchased it. Since then I have done the required maintenance myself (I’m a mechanical engineer and have owned many Porsches) which has been limited to fluid/filter changes every 8K miles, recent wiper blades, various bulbs and new front brakes (Rotors and Pads). I have a set of new rear brake pads that will be included with the vehicle but the rear brakes are still fine at 40%.

There is only one mechanical issue, the rear hatch shocks are no longer as strong as new, and the hatch needs help (a push up) getting all the way open. Installing a new set of hatch shocks would be a worthwhile effort. Otherwise, there are simply no mechanical issues with the vehicle at all.

No smoking, no racing, no modifications, no accidents, no surprises. Carfax is clean. No check engine lights, fault codes or other issues.

I recently had the vehicle state inspected for Pennsylvania though January 2014. All recommended services and campaigns are completely up to date.

Cayenne’s have a few well know areas where preventive maintenance is important and this Turbo has the right parts updated at the dealer:

02/07 Ignition Coils
01/09 Cardan Shaft (PM move courtesy of dealer)
08/10 Aluminum Coolant Pipes (PM move, done as a condition of sale)

I have all receipts since my purchase and those from the previous owners, factory glovebox guides, and two working keyless entry keys in the shape of a Cayenne.

132 High resolution images can be found here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/11751...18743037878289

So there you have it, an excellent example of the Porsche Cayenne Turbo with all options and in outstanding mechanical condition. You can drive away in confidence to anywhere in the country. The nearest airport is PHL (Philadelphia, PA) but EWR (Newark, NJ) is also close and may have a better flight for you. Fly in, drive home in very sporty comfort!

Selected Excerpts from Preventive Maintenance History (complete records included):

Miles Date Work Performed
15,203 02/07 Ignition Coils
48,725 01/09 Cardan Shaft (CPO Preventive Maintenance courtesy of dealer)
77,522 08/10 Aluminum Coolant Pipes (CPO Preventive Maintenance, done as a condition of sale), Front/Rear Brake Pads
106,500 9/2012 Front Brake Pads and Rotors, Brake Fluid Flush

Edmunds.com says Turbo in “Clean” condition is worth the following, without the additional wheels:
Trade-In $27,538
Private Party $30,910
Dealer Retail $35,499

But that doesn’t seem to follow the market, and I’m asking $18,500.

Last edited by cbracerx; 05-01-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Sold
Old 05-01-2013, 02:16 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts

Sale Pending
Old 05-01-2013, 05:44 PM
brock911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone's getting a great deal on an awesome vehicle.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Quattropower88
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that went too quick for me to notice haha... That is a super deal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Cayenne Turbo $18.500