Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Vehicle Marketplace - Old (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old-218/)
-   -   1999 996 C2 Track/Race - New Motor (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old/723020-1999-996-c2-track-race-new-motor.html)

sprintamx 10-22-2012 03:07 PM

1999 996 C2 Track/Race - New Motor

4 Attachment(s)
The car is a '99 Carrera with 123,000 miles on the body. Silver. It's still street legal but is essentially a track-only car, and is ready for a full race build.

Motor is a brand new rebuild by Dan Aspesi (the Speed Gallery in CA). L&N bearing, knife-edged crank, all new bearings, pistons and rods balanced, baffled oil pan and skid plate, SAI pump is off, AC is removed (all lines still in car), under drive pulley, new AOS and water pump, LW flywheel, and new Sachs clutch. Minor headwork for valves and springs. All coolant system parts are new. There's more to the rebuild, but those are the majors.

Stock air box. Exhaust is basically stock except for 3.6 headers--I have the 3.4 headers--and After Hours mufflers. Not claiming any power increase with the mufflers, but they're lighter than stock and sound great! Factory cats are still there.

Tranny is stock. Never opened, fluid regularly changed. Factory LSD--bit of a rarity on these Carreras. Shifts clean and crisp. 997 GT3 shifter; stock cables.

WEVO semi-solid engine mounts; tranny mounts stock.

2.5 year old Bilstein PSS10s with brand new Eibach 500 lb front / 650 lb rear (revalving required at 700 lbs or higher). Brand new custom perches and torsion bearings. Brand new Tarret rear camber plates; GMG front camber plates with new spherical bearings. I have the original Bilstein/Eibach PSS10 springs if desired.

Porsche RoW M030 sways installed; Cup car diameter GMG adjustable sways will go with the purchase. I may even have the stock sways. GT3 lower control arms front. Drop links for the sways and Tarret rear dog bones/trailing arms.

Full Safety Devices bolt in cage. Mounts for 6-point harnesses. No fire system or electrical cut-off installed. All air bags are out. I left the driver's seat belt in for easy street work as desired/necessary. Driver side seat is on double-locking sliders.

Momo wheel with a Snap Off quick release hub.

It's been partially stripped down, with a lot more possible. Trunk bay is now bear and the front of the cockpit is pretty much stripped, including the doors. Radio and speakers are out, carpet is out, rear parcel lid, seats and insulation, etc.

I'll be conservative and say the car is somewhere between 2800-2900 lbs--the last corner weight and balancing was before the stripping-in-earnest.

All body parts are factory, except for a GT3 style front splitter that is a polyurethane piece bought from Vertex and painted to match. It's screwed on, but would be best riveted on. All factory exterior lighting is still installed--Litronic headlights.

So now the disclosure: I have had two "offs"; both at NJMSP. Both accidents caused body damage, but no frame or suspension mount damage. The first incident damage was to the left rear fender, bumper and deck lid. All parts professionally repaired or replaced and painted. The second incident was on the passenger side door, fenders and the decklid--again--Arrghh!! . . . Repairs done by Bodymotion in NJ, including fitting a factory MK1 aero "taco" wing. The first incident slightly pushed-in sheet metal in the engine bay which I did not fix. The result is that the deck lid does not line up perfectly with the fender, but all other panels and gaps are good. Overall, the paint is good, even those parts that have not been repainted.

I have two, and possibly three sets of wheels. One is the factory 18" turbo twists with Dunlop Direzzas installed (awesome street tire and wet track tire) with lots of life left. Second set are black OZ Alleggeritas (9s and 10s x 18). These are the primary track wheels. I run BFG R1s, and have 14 ranging from a brand new never mounted set to 10 others with various numbers of heat cycles--all are still very serviceable for DE level work. Third set are anthracite Alleggeritas 9 & 11 x 18 with Conti DWS installed, and lots of life left.

Current brakes are factory stock calipers with slotted fronts and OEM cross-drilled rears. I regularly flush and bleed with Motul RBF 600 and currently run PFC pads. The set on the car now are PFC 06 F&R with some life left, and I have a brand new set of 06 front and 01 rear. GT3 brake duct plates are installed, but no other cooling.

SO, those are the big ticket items and some of the small details I can think of at this point.

Asking $32,500 / OBO--for everything.

Let me know if there are any questions. PM or email me. More pictures are available.

Thanks,

Aaron

amxshapiro@gmail.com

coinboy 10-22-2012 03:12 PM

Very good start to a SPEC 996 for PCA / NASA racing. Rebuilt motor a big plus! Good luck with the sale.

sprintamx 10-23-2012 10:59 AM

Thanks for the support! The key was to stop adding stuff and making changes so that the next owner can build to a spec/class, or just romp on DEs!

sprintamx 11-07-2012 03:45 PM

Bump for a great car. I also clarified that I'm open to offers (OBO) and the best one takes the prize.

sprintamx 11-14-2012 04:20 PM

Weekly bump up!

sprintamx 11-28-2012 11:41 AM

Post Thanksgiving bump. What a terrific garage stocking-stuffer!

sprintamx 12-11-2012 04:42 PM

Time for a bump; get an early start on your next season!

mike1111 12-11-2012 09:51 PM

usually bump goes with price drop :-)

sprintamx 12-12-2012 11:54 AM

I guess that is typical, but tends to depend on what the seller needs to accomplish and how quickly. The car is resting comfortably now with some occassional exercise, so we're doing ok. Now, if someone wants to talk seriously and convince me that it absolutely has to be let go for something other than asking price, I'm a reasonable guy and this 996 is ready for a new home. The current price is also a bit of a package deal which can be trimmed . . . Maybe the new owner doesn't need three sets of wheels, lots of track tires, another set of sway bars, etc.

sprintamx 12-12-2012 12:01 PM

I edited the original post to clarify that the motor is in--runs beautifully!--and that the driver's seat is mounted on a double-locking slider.

Please buy me!

sprintamx 01-16-2013 06:29 PM

SOLD! Off to a good home and enthusiast.

ballzout 01-24-2013 01:09 AM

How much did it sell for, if you don't mind me asking???
Thanks

sprintamx 02-02-2013 05:44 PM

I'd prefer to maintain the buyer's privacy on that. Sorry.