Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2018 M3 Competition with rare M Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 10:09 PM
Foggy916
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 32 Posts
Default 2018 M3 Competition with rare M Performance Package

Year: 2018
Make: BMW
Model: M3
Mileage (numbers only please): 7300
Color: Orange
Price (no $ sign please): $69500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

**SOLD** Up for sale is my heavily optioned Sakhir Orange M3. Excellent condition with no prior issues/damage. Meticulously maintained and always hand washed and waxed by me. Proper break in with all scheduled maintenance history. Original owner with title on hand. $91K sticker. Please reference attached window sticker for extensive options list which includes the rare M Sport Package (M sport titanium exhaust, carbon front lip, carbon rear spoiler and M sport decals). Added genuine M sport arm rest, handbrake, carbon shifter housing and also wheel spacers. The color with full leather and M sport Performance Pack really set the car apart from a normal spec competition M3. The MPE (that came with the M Performance Exhaust) is truly an amazing exhaust. Will have local dealership process all of the paperwork for us.

Last edited by Foggy916; 04-23-2019 at 04:09 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 04-15-2019, 10:25 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Gorgeous! And nicely specced, though I prefer 6MT. A lot of car for the money.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:47 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Very pretty car. Saw it on Bimmerpost. Any clear bra?
Old 04-15-2019, 11:15 PM
Foggy916
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jlee504
Very pretty car. Saw it on Bimmerpost. Any clear bra?
Thanks. No clear bra. My add ons are tint, wheel spacers, M sport carbon handbrake, M sport armrest and M sport carbon DCT cover.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:36 AM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Just letting go my Dinan 3 - 340ix off lease in May. Nice spec - needs a manual tranny! Otherwise rocking. Really love the color.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 AM
Foggy916
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Misplacedyankee
Just letting go my Dinan 3 - 340ix off lease in May. Nice spec - needs a manual tranny! Otherwise rocking. Really love the color.
Not to get off topic about manual vs DCT, but just have to get something off my chest. I've had manuals on several of my cars in the past (M cars and 911s) and loved them. When I was in the market a year ago for my M3, I was looking to get out of DCT and go back to a manual again. After driving a couple manual M3s and then back to a DCT, I was absolutely stunned at how archaic the manual felt....too much play in the clutch and the sloppy feel of the stick. I use the paddles on my DCT in manual mode about 90% of the time and have to say that I have reluctantly fallen out of the camp to save manuals. There.....had to say it and feel better now. One other thing, when test driving a couple competition package M3s a year ago, the couple options that I find as must have are the M performance exhaust (not the regular sport exhaust but instead the $6K MPE) and FULL leather. The exhaust transforms the feel and sound of the car while the full leather gives the interior the proper look of a $90K car.

Last edited by Foggy916; 04-16-2019 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:38 PM
Misplacedyankee
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Foggy916
Not to get off topic about manual vs DCT, but just have to get something off my chest. I've had manuals on several of my cars in the past (M cars and 911s) and loved them. When I was in the market a year ago for my M3, I was looking to get out of DCT and go back to a manual again. After driving a couple manual M3s and then back to a DCT, I was absolutely stunned at how archaic the manual felt....too much play in the clutch and the sloppy feel of the stick.
I hear you - My Ferrari has one of the best transmissions I have ever had in a car. With that said I still like rowing my gears old school - I have not driven the DCT in the BWM. Would have to try it. The BMW manual is sloppy no doubt. Surprised they don't use a better setup in the M3. I expect the manual to be average/easy to use in the 340ix.

The full leather looks fantastic in your M3.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:13 PM
Foggy916
Rennlist Member

I hear you - My Ferrari has one of the best transmissions I have ever had in a car. With that said I still like rowing my gears old school - I have not driven the DCT in the BWM. Would have to try it. The BMW manual is sloppy no doubt. Surprised they don't use a better setup in the M3. I expect the manual to be average/easy to use in the 340ix.

i prefer to row my gears as well...put DCT in manual and shift gears either on steering wheel or stick without having to deal with a clutch pedal or sloppy stick from a 6 speed manual.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:24 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

DCT in the BMW M cars is great when driving hard but clunky still around town. Sometimes it holds a gear too long for no reason, sometimes when slowing down it's very rough on the downshifts like a teen learning to drive stick. I'll stick with the 6MT's in my M2 and M3.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Very surprised by these comments. The current ///M 6MT gearbox is much better than in the e90/2, and I would take it 8 days a week over DCT. At the end of the day, the DCT is an automatic gearbox with quasi-manual option that is subpar compared to PDK. The M4 guys who chose the six speed manual gearbox have been very happy across the board. Would not have commented, but OP seems interested in the discussion and opened up the topic.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:03 PM
Foggy916
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
Very surprised by these comments. The current ///M 6MT gearbox is much better than in the e90/2, and I would take it 8 days a week over DCT. At the end of the day, the DCT is an automatic gearbox with quasi-manual option that is subpar compared to PDK. The M4 guys who chose the six speed manual gearbox have been very happy across the board. Would not have commented, but OP seems interested in the discussion and opened up the topic.
I've owned both PDK (recently in a Macan GTS) and DCT. Initially, DCT seemed to not be as good as PDK (in auto mode) but after a few weeks of driving it seemed to have "learned" my driving habits and was excellent. Was excellent in manual mode from day one. Is that a function of the driver adjusting or the car or maybe both? Either way, I find it just as good as PDK
Old 04-16-2019, 11:04 PM
Mytoy95
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Foggy916
I've owned both PDK (recently in a Macan GTS) and DCT. Initially, DCT seemed to not be as good as PDK (in auto mode) but after a few weeks of driving it seemed to have "learned" my driving habits and was excellent. Was excellent in manual mode from day one. Is that a function of the driver adjusting or the car or maybe both? Either way, I find it just as good as PDK
Foggy916 the Macan GTS is not the same as the PDK that goes into the 911. It's a VW/Audi DSG with a software update. While not a bad transmission it's not in the the same league as the 911's PDK.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:07 PM
Mytoy95
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to add the M3 looks awesome. GLWS.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:28 AM
Foggy916
Rennlist Member

Price reduced to $69,500
Old 04-21-2019, 02:43 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 920 Likes on 531 Posts

great looking car
I am on my third F80 M3 .. last being CS version , and I think the DCT is a great transmission and it suits the car better than 6 MT
tried manual multiple times and agree with op

Quick Reply: 2018 M3 Competition with rare M Performance Package