Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 Boxster Spyder CPO

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 02:48 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Boxster
Mileage (numbers only please): 4600
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Rhodium Silver
Price (no $ sign please): $85000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Where are the real buyers? This is one of the lowest priced Spyders out there.
i suspect it will be gone in a week or two. Have some action
oh if it goes to mid April and i pay the registration due cost is going up 1k.
Or maybe i keep it for the summer
Old 03-14-2019, 04:43 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Where are the real buyers? This is one of the lowest priced Spyders out there.
many don't know what to buy.
they love RS but missing some of the real gems
Old 03-14-2019, 07:43 AM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 100 Posts

I think many of us are waiting to see what the next gen brings.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:09 AM
HardHitter
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Where in NorCal is this? I recently sold my 997 Turbo and was initially looking for another toy like a Gallardo/Mclaren, but I've been interested in the Cayman/Boxsters recently. I'd be interested in seeing how this is compared to GT4.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:43 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ToasterThief
I think many of us are waiting to see what the next gen brings.
Here, I'll ruin the surprise: same body as the 981.2, similar front end to 991.2 GT3, motor is a bored out 3.8 CARRERA motor. ie: nothing terrible revolutionary, it's the porsche way. Remember, the revolution only comes every so many years w/ Porsche. This is their MO from the beginning, constant iteration and improvement. On a 2 min lap race track it will probably be 2-3 seconds faster, much due to grip of newer tires, not so much from power.

Originally Posted by HardHitter
Where in NorCal is this? I recently sold my 997 Turbo and was initially looking for another toy like a Gallardo/Mclaren, but I've been interested in the Cayman/Boxsters recently. I'd be interested in seeing how this is compared to GT4.
Menlo Park area.

Here's the deal: If you like power and drag racing this isn't the car for you. If you want a stupid fun car to carve up the los altos hills and santa cruz mountains, this IS the car.

Frankly if you're cross shopping Mac and Lambo this may not be the car for you.

But if you want to see it its in Menlo park, PM me your phone number, we will have to talk first. Thanks

Old 03-18-2019, 11:47 AM
HardHitter
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Menlo Park area.

Here's the deal: If you like power and drag racing this isn't the car for you. If you want a stupid fun car to carve up the los altos hills and santa cruz mountains, this IS the car.

Frankly if you're cross shopping Mac and Lambo this may not be the car for you.

But if you want to see it its in Menlo park, PM me your phone number, we will have to talk first. Thanks
I think as I get older, my mentality is changing. I'm no longer focus on talking about HP/TQ numbers, but more on the driving experience and from all what I've read up on with the Cayman/Boxsters, they give you that.

When I want power, my RS7 gives me plenty I'll PM you my number.
Old 03-18-2019, 12:55 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Just paid DMV fees for the next 12mo.
Price increased to $85,999.00

This is the least expensive spyder w/ CPO listed in the US (as of last check).

Spring is here, come get it.

Thx.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:41 PM
Socialpro
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by HardHitter
Completely different ballpark of cars and driver involvement (vs g/mclaren).

After I've driven a boxster spyder I came out of it thinking porsche nailed it with the perfect iteration of a soft top 2 seater. You are perfectly one with the car - in a tolerable way that doesn't beat you up. Everything works together in unison. The car will never get the oooh and ahhs that a lambo/mclaren - but through the canyons or a winded road, there are few and far in between companions that could make that experience better.

And I, much like many others on here prefer the Spyder to the GT4. Better street car, unless you end up tracking. Again I'm speaking from limited experience in both cars, but I know which one would be my pick.

I'm shocked this spyder is still here.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Just paid DMV fees for the next 12mo.
Price increased to $85,999.00

This is the least expensive spyder w/ CPO listed in the US (as of last check).

Spring is here, come get it.

Thx.
Originally Posted by Socialpro

After I've driven a boxster spyder I came out of it thinking porsche nailed it with the perfect iteration of a soft top 2 seater. You are perfectly one with the car - in a tolerable way that doesn't beat you up. Everything works together in unison. The car will never get the oooh and ahhs that a lambo/mclaren - but through the canyons or a winded road, there are few and far in between companions that could make that experience better.

And I, much like many others on here prefer the Spyder to the GT4. Better street car, unless you end up tracking. Again I'm speaking from limited experience in both cars, but I know which one would be my pick.

Yup. Porsche nailed this car. Everything about it is fun and playful.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:32 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Spyder

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Yup. Porsche nailed this car. Everything about it is fun and playful.
All this Spyder feedback reminds me of my 05 GT3. Not gonna own many cars with the same overall driving dynamics. I regret selling that car and wish I could have it back. It really makes reconsider any thought of selling mine-truly a Goldilocks car as those who know, know. Only around 800-ish made for the N.A. market.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Thinking. Of. Keeping... again... anyone want an 89? :-)
Old 03-24-2019, 01:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Socialpro
Completely different ballpark of cars and driver involvement (vs g/mclaren).

it takes a seasoned driver to appreciate the car. it doesn't ;look much and it's too cheap. then you drive it....ah...
I would have bought it long ago... but if you see how many cars I have parked in the cave......

Thinking. Of. Keeping... again... anyone want an 89? :-)
oh, spyerX, I flogged it for you today ;-)
Old 03-24-2019, 09:12 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
it takes a seasoned driver to appreciate the car. it doesn't ;look much and it's too cheap. then you drive it....ah...
That’s how I felt about my bone stock 06 Box S sold after 6 yrs, 40k miles and 70+ track days with ZERO trouble (just change fluids and go) — and about the gorgeous 05 Box S that I just bought for peanuts. Boxsters may be the most underappreciated sports cars out there today. Would have got a Spyder if they came with auto-top — useful here in the NE.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:53 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by NelsonF
All this Spyder feedback reminds me of my 05 GT3. Not gonna own many cars with the same overall driving dynamics. I regret selling that car and wish I could have it back. It really makes reconsider any thought of selling mine-truly a Goldilocks car as those who know, know. Only around 800-ish made for the N.A. market.
I've owned 4 911s, the last was a 997S but the one that I regret selling the most was my 993S. The vast majority of sports car buyers evaluate cars based on performance: 0-60, 1/4 mile times or time around some track, but if you appreciate handling, feedback, and great exhaust sound, the 993S is your car. Never drove an 05 GT3 but based on my 993S sale, I can appreciate your regret over its sale.
Old 03-24-2019, 11:47 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by NelsonF
Originally Posted by fast1
I've owned 4 911s, the last was a 997S but the one that I regret selling the most was my 993S. The vast majority of sports car buyers evaluate cars based on performance: 0-60, 1/4 mile times or time around some track, but if you appreciate handling, feedback, and great exhaust sound, the 993S is your car. Never drove an 05 GT3 but based on my 993S sale, I can appreciate your regret over its sale.
My 05 GT3 will very likely be the last car I ever own. There's literally nothing out there that ticks all the boxes for me like that car does.

Quick Reply: 2016 Boxster Spyder CPO