Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 Cayman GT4, Carmine Red, Buckets, 2200 miles

Old 10-14-2018, 08:29 PM
turbo8765
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Cont. Porsche Models: Cayman GT4
Mileage (numbers only please): 2200
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Carmine Red
VIN: WP0AC2A85GK192395
Price (no $ sign please): $95000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorCal
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by jcorderojr
Most "sources" describe a detuned GT3 engine with output in the 420-440 range. Have you heard otherwise?
From a cost perspective (and porsche reportedly as the highest margin), why build an expensive 4.0GT engine that can make 500hp and detune it to a power level easily attainable by the more inexpensive non GT 3.8. Makes no sense.

Old 10-15-2018, 01:06 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Lovely car.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:20 PM
ggkthx
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

If I didn't recently acquire a GT4, I would be discussing flying out to look at this car already. This is a perfect spec build, mods, color, and price!
Old 10-28-2018, 06:24 PM
GoKart Mozart
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Is this car still available?
Old 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
GTS4TP
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart
Is this car still available?
I am firm on asking price. PM me if you are interested.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:26 AM
GoKart Mozart
Racer

Originally Posted by GTS4TP

I am firm on asking price. PM me if you are interested.
I tried to PM, but could only leave a visitor message where I left my cell phone number. If you see it, please text me. Not sure why I can't figure out how to send a PM on this forum? I'll try again.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:31 AM
GTS4TP
Advanced

Originally Posted by GoKart Mozart
I tried to PM, but could only leave a visitor message where I left my cell phone number. If you see it, please text me. Not sure why I can't figure out how to send a PM on this forum? I'll try again.
i do not see your number. Would u leave me an email/ or number here? And i will contact you
Old 10-29-2018, 12:07 PM
GoKart Mozart
Racer

Originally Posted by GTS4TP

i do not see your number. Would u leave me an email/ or number here? And i will contact you
I think I can't leave a PM because my post count is still low? Maybe it needs to get higher or I have to be on Rennlist longer? Either way, you can text me at 408-515-8723. Thanks, Norm
Old 11-05-2018, 10:34 AM
GTS4TP
Advanced

Originally Posted by ggkthx
If I didn't recently acquire a GT4, I would be discussing flying out to look at this car already. This is a perfect spec build, mods, color, and price!
thanks!
Bump
Old 11-05-2018, 02:16 PM
monacojoe
Instructor

everyone is talking out of their asses on the 2019 motor. all speculation. i do find it curious that so many GT4 owners are letting their cars go right now just as the factory warranties near expiration and the impending launch of the 718 GT4. Can't anyone just own up to the "hey, i really liked driving this thing for free essentially and now the gig is up and I am bailing before I have to actually pay for my depreciation?"

if its a GT3 engine with a manual cayman gt4s will take a hit

if its a 3.8 engine with mods and a manual it will take a hit b/c its no longer a true limited production car and porsche now knows it can sell a ton of them
Old 11-05-2018, 03:07 PM
GTS4TP
Advanced

Originally Posted by monacojoe
everyone is talking out of their asses on the 2019 motor. all speculation. i do find it curious that so many GT4 owners are letting their cars go right now just as the factory warranties near expiration and the impending launch of the 718 GT4. Can't anyone just own up to the "hey, i really liked driving this thing for free essentially and now the gig is up and I am bailing before I have to actually pay for my depreciation?"

if its a GT3 engine with a manual cayman gt4s will take a hit

if its a 3.8 engine with mods and a manual it will take a hit b/c its no longer a true limited production car and porsche now knows it can sell a ton of them
I have no idea what the 718 motor will be and personally I don’t care. It will still be a nice car anyways.
I bought my car because it was nice, and I like it. Does it help that a GT car holds value better than a regular Porsche? Of course.
As far as not paying depreciation. That is partially true. There is always something we pay. For me it was 9% tax, cost of add-ons, and yes the small depreciation. So you may look at it as only a few thousand of depreciation, I still look at is as paying 25k for driving 2k miles in 2 years. I am not asking for you to feel sorry for me. Just saying I definitely did not drive it for free. But I would definitely do it again on my next car. It’s the price you pay if you wanna play.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:33 PM
jcorderojr
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can the cage be removed easily? Do you have the original seat belts. I don't race these cars. Please advise
Old 11-05-2018, 03:44 PM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Can the cage be removed easily? Do you have the original seat belts. I don't race these cars. Please advise
The original seat belts can be clearly seen in the photos.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:46 PM
GTS4TP
Advanced

yes u can remove the cage. I have the original trim pieces. And the stock seatbelts are still in place
Old 11-05-2018, 03:50 PM
GTS4TP
Advanced

if i may add. Once you see it with the cage, you probably will not want to remove it. It looks pretty awesome in place and it does not get the way of any functionality of the car. You can still access the engine cover, and you can move the seats all the way back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2016 Cayman GT4, Carmine Red, Buckets, 2200 miles