Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1996 Porsche 911 993 4S Turbo Tail Coupe

Old 09-05-2018, 12:08 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts
Cool 1996 Porsche 911 993 4S Turbo Tail Coupe - SOLD

Year: 1996
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 993
Mileage (numbers only please): 87112
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Midnight Blue
VIN: WPOAA2996TS321502
Price (no $ sign please): $88000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Greetings to selective RL community members: After careful thought over the last several months, and with much regret, I have decided to offer my 1996 Porsche 993 4S for sale, found right here on Rennlist and referred by who I would like to call a very good friend who I met on RL as well. It has been a tough decision but it is time. She will remain posted on RL until 9/14/2018, at which time if she has not found a new home, I will close the posting on Rennlist and further prepare the car for a live auction with a reserve, possibly into spring 2019 so she is just right. Please note she is being offered within my local network of Pcar enthusiasts as well and I reserve the right to pull the ad or close the post from the RL marketplace at any given time due to local sale or offering retraction. I also reserve the right to change my mind and not sell her at all, at any given moment. Reason for sale is not financial, it is quite simple: I have 5 Pcars plus others of other marques and even though she is in the rotation, there is just not enough time to properly add seat time. These cars are meant to be driven, not sit in a garage under cover patiently waiting for their turn to be enjoyed. Having two 993s Widebodies doesn't help either, as my C2S sometimes takes driving preference over the C4S being offered here. This is a private sale and most likely presented to those who not only know these cars, but also appreciate a high end and enthusiast preserved condition vehicle as opposed to a garage queen. PO was as meticulous as I am, and I want her to go to another enthusiast's home who shares the same passion and care for these cars. If you are a dealer, broker, tire kicker or flipper, you will waste your time with contacting me. I have 1 dealer I work with and they are not involved in this transaction nor will they be. For all inquiries please PM me. There is room for responsible offers though not much, so please respect the price and in the interest of full disclosure it is a make up of what I have into the car plus $5K for my stewardship and care. I have owned the car for only 10 months and put barely 941 miles since my ownership. Miles are fluid as I will continue to drive the car within my current monthly rotation. Ask me anything via PM and I will reply accordingly.

Vehicle is located in South Florida area and PPIs are welcome at any of these 3 shops: Gulf Performance, Pompano Beach, FL/Parkhaus-1, Miami, FL/Foreign Affairs Motorsports, Pompano Beach, FL.

A.: Straight and to the point imperfections:

1.- Chain Tensioner Gaskets starting to weep. No drips or oil marks on the floor whatsoever. Once a month I wipe excess oil from surface with paper towel, if car is not driven for more than 2 weeks. Otherwise no weeping at all with regular use.
2.- Wear on driver side seat bolster in line with age and use. Minor carpet rub marks around pedal cluster. All other areas excellent condition.
3.- Car has been repainted prior to my ownership on front bumper, fenders, hood, A pillars and blended into doors. Minor stone chips on bra (not car) showing on front bumper and 2 points on hood. Paint correction with Detailmeister system was performed during my ownership which brought the paint back to a deep wet look and did away with most imperfections and swirls. 1/2 3M Bra remains on hood and side view mirrors.
4.- Small chip on windshield at drivers side. Peppering throughout windshield which is still original from factory.
5.- Factory replica turbo tail, stock 4S black grill deck lid is not available with sale.
6.- Engine tray is off and is included in sale. Will ship separately in box.
7.- Aftermarket head unit with bluetooth and Sat radio plus aux usb port. OEM head unit not available with sale.

Attachments: Original Purchase PPI and service invoice from RUF Auto Center/RAC Performance in Texas. Did everything except chain covers. Window Sticker(R) for options present in the car. Recent service done to the car, minor, just 1 part replaced, car needs nothing else but a good home. I purchased the car sight unseen as I bought the seller and not the car, plus a near perfect PPI. Hoping to have the same selling experience as when I bought the car, so in this case, I am selling the buyer and not the car.

B.- Service History Summary: All service records binder included with sale:

Records summary as passed on from prior owners
53k miles - 64k miles
Oil cooler resistor replaced
Spark plug wires replaced
Cooling fan hub and bearing replaced
Spark plugs, distributor caps, ignition rotors
Alternator
Brake accumulator, brake master cylinder
Oil changed at 53k, 55k, 59k

Service records as passed on from PO (Also on Rennlist) beginning at 64,500 miles:

Oxygen sensor and oil change 65,358
New suspension - Koni FSD Shocks and Porsche M033 Springs
Top end rebuild 65,545 - detailed record of all work includes motor mounts
Flywheel, RMS, Clutch disc, transmission fluid - 65,783
Front rotors, pads, sensors, front differential, oil change, stabilizer drop links 68,216
Brake fluid, clutch flush, oil change 73,371
New starter 73,547
Hollow spoke wheels refinished 74,648
Shift rod replaced, transmission flush 74,861
Oil change 78,487
Engine air filter 79,700
Brake fluid flush, transmission flush 80,925
Right side Upper & lower lifters and valve cover gaskets 81,000
Oil change 82,487
Headlight lens replaced, upgrade to HID headlights
LED parking lights
New Kenwood head unit with Bluetooth and iPhone streaming
Factory speakers replaced - JL Audio front & Polk Audio rear
New battery 12/31/15
Carfax shows a couple of maintenance entries at 23k and 31k.

Minimal Service under my ownership starting at 86,187 miles:
All performed on 12/20/2017:
Replace front hood shocks
Replace cabin filters
Brake flush
Replace RHS door interior trim piece
Replace Passenger side mirror motor and adjust
Replace mirror switch place cover piece
Diagnose timing chain housing gaskets (replacement not performed)
Diagnose and correct heating system faults

Below Performed on 8/27/2018 at 87,112 miles:
Replace air mass meter
Refit and adjust heat ducting

C.- Detailing:
February 2018: Full Detailmeister exterior paint correction and interior ceramic treatment protection applied.
July 2018: Detailmeister refreshed.
Car is always blow dried after each hand wash, no dirty shamies ever have touched this car during my ownership.

Aside from imperfections noted, paint is excellent especially after Detailmeister treatment. Front bra has been applied to the front bumper, half of the hood, and side view mirrors. Prior owner addressed stone chips by repainting front bumper, hood, A pillars, fenders and blended into doors. No door dings. Porsche closing door ping sounds as it should. Car looks 5 years old vs 23 years. Interior is high care condition. Leather shows normal wear on drivers seat and side bolster. All controls inside vehicle work as they should. All electrical, levers, signals, no dash lights on, everything has been checked and is in excellent operating condition. All rubber is in great shape. 4 new tires with 2000 miles on them. Vehicle comes with 3 keys and 2 fobs, framed Window Sticker(R), All service records, Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, Carnawa fitted red car cover, 1:43 die cast Porsche model , tool kit, spare wheel, air compressor, cleaning cloth and others OEM inside trunk. Trunk carpet is in excellent shape as well. PM me for any additional details and others I may not have noted here. Key noted items photographs shown, others note a portion of the car's history and during my tenure. For additional photos please message me and I will do my best to accommodate. I will also update the post in the next coming days with a video walkaround. Thank you for your interest. PorscheON..!!
Attached Images                       

Last edited by JAB12; 09-12-2018 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Added Info
Old 09-05-2018, 12:12 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

To save everyone the search time this is the original Rennlist post from which I purchased the car:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...6-993-c4s.html

Please PM and I will try to reply in a timely manner selectively.

Thank you for your interest.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:14 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

MiniChamps 1:43 Scale Model
Old 09-05-2018, 08:49 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

All messages have been responded to. Thank you for your interest and for reaching out with inquiries.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:15 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Vehicle Cold Start 09-06-2018

Last edited by JAB12; 09-07-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:09 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Vehicle Walkaround 09-06-2018

Last edited by JAB12; 09-07-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:12 PM
hlee96
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts

Amazing car and completely transparent and detailed listing.
If only I have sold 1/2 my "fun cars" then I will be wiring money now!

GLWTS!
Old 09-07-2018, 11:28 AM
Kevin5236
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

What a car.

I just purchased a Midnight Blue Metallic 997.2 C4S and the color looks amazing in person, just like with your example.

GLWS!!!
Old 09-07-2018, 04:57 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 614 Likes on 289 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...tml?styleid=26

Is this the same car?
Old 09-07-2018, 05:12 PM
monacojoe
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did you track that down and not read the OP's second post with the link?? lol
Old 09-07-2018, 07:31 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

@HLee many thanks for the well wishes. @Kevin5236 Congratulations on your 997.2 purchase, the color is indeed something to behold. 997.1 or .2TTs will always remain on my wish list.

For others who have inquired privately in the last day or so, all messages have been responded to. Texts and emails as well.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:27 PM
kenwidmerpool
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
@HLee many thanks for the well wishes. @Kevin5236 Congratulations on your 997.2 purchase, the color is indeed something to behold. 997.1 or .2TTs will always remain on my wish list.

For others who have inquired privately in the last day or so, all messages have been responded to. Texts and emails as well.

D*mn the private inquiries, I'd like to ask publicly where I can find that little tart with the leafblower.

Bump!
Old 09-08-2018, 09:10 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kenwidmerpool
D*mn the private inquiries, I'd like to ask publicly where I can find that little tart with the leafblower.

Bump!
SoBe Finest Hand Car Wash. Just ask for blow dry upon vehicle check in, its a couple bucks more. Makes big difference in dismissing the water from underneath all rubber and so on.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:10 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

It was a great day for driving a 993. Cars and Coffee this morning had a great turnout. PorscheON!
Old 09-11-2018, 08:31 AM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Deposit Received: Sale Pending.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1996 Porsche 911 993 4S Turbo Tail Coupe