Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2002 Arctic Silver 996 C4S 107K mi - $24.8k- Service Records/Clean!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 06:39 PM
achman
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Year: 2002
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 107753
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Arctic Sliver
VIN: WP0AA29912S622743
Price (no $ sign please): $24800
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Boom, that will sell your car, I guarantee it.

I would buy it if I didn't have mine already, no joke
Old 09-24-2018, 06:40 PM
achman
Instructor

Plus it only has 8K on a new clutch and pressure plate
Old 09-24-2018, 07:21 PM
GTsilber
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by achman
Plus it only has 8K on a new clutch and pressure plate
Yup, clutch feels good imo! Slave cylinder was also replaced, which is a common nusance item at this mileage.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:56 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,414 Likes on 2,689 Posts

As the owner of (3) 2002/2003 996 C4S's from 2015-2017, I have a good handle on these cars.
Your car has very desirable PSE(Porsche Sound Exhaust)and IMS bearing/clutch has been done.
**I think it would be in your best interest to contact "Bring A Trailer" and sell it on their auction site especially since we are going into winter months - This for sale listing is getting old and tired and you'll see more $$.
I sold my 2002 996C4S on BAT in 8/2016 to a fellow in Hawaii who loves it and emails me every few months.

My car was very similar and sold for $26K 2 years ago, Silver/black, 111K miles, 6 spped, IMS changed and had the FVD Brombacher exhaust kit. Both my 2003 996 C4s's had the PSE which was/is best sound ever! My 2007 997 C4S has PSE too
Heres the BAT listing:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-4/

You will need good photos of the underside of the car and get the relevant service records photographed so you can have them displayed with photos - I would also do a neater job hiding the previous owners name on that IMS service record BUT show the top of the service record/heading so the Porsche shop info can be seen. very important.

I would bet your car will get a $27K bid and I would ask then to set reserve no lower than $26K - They set reserve and also do the write up but they are good and consistent. They listen to your input.
**If car sells on BAT for $27K+, how about you send me me $150 for sushi dinner

Just do it your be happy camper!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:06 PM
GTsilber
Instructor

Originally Posted by groovzilla
As the owner of (3) 2002/2003 996 C4S's from 2015-2017, I have a good handle on these cars.
Your car has very desirable PSE(Porsche Sound Exhaust)and IMS bearing/clutch has been done.
**I think it would be in your best interest to contact "Bring A Trailer" and sell it on their auction site especially since we are going into winter months - This for sale listing is getting old and tired and you'll see more $$.
I sold my 2002 996C4S on BAT in 8/2016 to a fellow in Hawaii who loves it and emails me every few months.

My car was very similar and sold for $26K 2 years ago, Silver/black, 111K miles, 6 spped, IMS changed and had the FVD Brombacher exhaust kit. Both my 2003 996 C4s's had the PSE which was/is best sound ever! My 2007 997 C4S has PSE too
Heres the BAT listing:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2002-4/

You will need good photos of the underside of the car and get the relevant service records photographed so you can have them displayed with photos - I would also do a neater job hiding the previous owners name on that IMS service record BUT show the top of the service record/heading so the Porsche shop info can be seen. very important.

I would bet your car will get a $27K bid and I would ask then to set reserve no lower than $26K - They set reserve and also do the write up but they are good and consistent. They listen to your input.
**If car sells on BAT for $27K+, how about you send me me $150 for sushi dinner

Just do it your be happy camper!
Good advice sir! The plan was to actually sell via BAT but then I read a few horror stories and I backed out. I referenced a comparable car to mine that also got over $26k, with BAT it's a crapshoot - the comments can kill you though. I will however give it a shot and if I do sell for $26k you have a free dinner on me whenever you're in South Florida!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:48 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTsilber
Good advice sir! The plan was to actually sell via BAT but then I read a few horror stories and I backed out. I referenced a comparable car to mine that also got over $26k, with BAT it's a crapshoot - the comments can kill you though. I will however give it a shot and if I do sell for $26k you have a free dinner on me whenever you're in South Florida!
Deal - Just do it - F_uck the comments - Just add more photos and get relevant service records copied and spiffy up the IMS record by neatly crossing out the name of previous owner but showing letter head of record so shop is seen.
Also get some underside shots even if you just shoot them with your phone but showing front/back undersides - They like that and ask for it
*Send me a PM when u list it - anxious to see results and I'll chime in on comments
Old 09-25-2018, 12:19 AM
GTsilber
Instructor

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Deal - Just do it - F_uck the comments - Just add more photos and get relevant service records copied and spiffy up the IMS record by neatly crossing out the name of previous owner but showing letter head of record so shop is seen.
Also get some underside shots even if you just shoot them with your phone but showing front/back undersides - They like that and ask for it
*Send me a PM when u list it - anxious to see results and I'll chime in on comments
I just finished my submission I can get the car up on ramps and will take some photos this weekend...thanks for the push!
Old 09-25-2018, 02:21 AM
Jano4
Track Day

Just subscribed to this thread yesterday as I'm interested. Wish you were closer but it is what it is. Will keep an eye out on BAT.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:21 AM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 280 Likes on 151 Posts

Gorgeous C4S and awesome to see a brand new clutch. Wish I had the cash on hand to pick this up.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:27 AM
GTsilber
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jano4
Just subscribed to this thread yesterday as I'm interested. Wish you were closer but it is what it is. Will keep an eye out on BAT.
Where are you located? I will PM you if BAT approves the submission.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:38 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

I just finished my submission I can get the car up on ramps and will take some photos this weekend...thanks for the push!
**Also, as far as the photos of the chipped paint spots you zoomed in on in your set of photos, I would "pull out" a bit more so the viewer can get an better understanding of where they are located.
Also this will make them look less large which only hurts your sale.
As long as imperfections are shown and mentioned in an honest straight forward way, you are doing your do diligence - No need to magnify them. Makes them look a lot worse than reality.

In addition If possible, try and upload a short iphone video of the car starting and the PSE exhaust note - Buyers like this. Also shifting thru the gears is helpful if you have the time.
Keep the phone horizontal, steady and level
GLWS
Old 09-25-2018, 04:22 PM
Jano4
Track Day

Where are you located? I will PM you if BAT approves the submission.
Roughly 30 mins outside of Chicago. I'm sure I'll see it pop up on BAT as I'm usually scrolling through. I'm sure you'll get more then your asking price as their is a bit Porsche following on that site.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:12 PM
achman
Instructor

I sold my M3 on BAT and had a good experience.

C4S prices are pretty solid, with records, IMS receipts etc. Your car should do well. The PSE is very desirable on a C4S, I have one on my car and it is the best sounding Porsche exhaust and not easy to retrofit...

quickly answer questions and be engaged, it will definitely help you with bids...if you are not involved, the car won't do as well

Brian
Old 09-25-2018, 07:29 PM
GTsilber
Instructor

Appreciate all the feedback guys, BAT did accept the submission so it will get listed in a couple weeks. I will take some additional pics this weekend and post them. Still open to offers before the auction is officially live!
Old 09-29-2018, 01:11 PM
GTsilber
Instructor

Going to bump this thread a fee more times before the bat auction goes live!

Quick Reply: 2002 Arctic Silver 996 C4S 107K mi - $24.8k- Service Records/Clean!