Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1983 Porsche 944 - Great Daily Driver

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 03:11 PM
dhansen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1983 Porsche 944 - Great Daily Driver

Year: 1983
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 83000
Color: Metallic Gray
VIN: WP0AA0948DN455212
Price (no $ sign please): $4000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

1983 Porsche 944 for sale – $4,000

This has been my weekend/fun car and I have only put around 1,000 miles/year on it since buying it in 2009. I have put a lot of time and money into mechanically maintaining this car.This is not a show car but would make a solid daily driver or first car. I'm at about $15,000 (have all receipts) for maintenance and repairs invested. I tried to post more pics but they show up sideways for some reason - I can send more upon request.

This car has been serviced at Don Galbraith Motors (Now Euro Motorcars) in Devon PA since the 90’s by the previous owner and myself and I have all records including the original window sticker. Along with changing the oil every year (approximately every 1000 miles) with Brad Penn - Penn Grade, I have done the following since I have owned it.

Some Items replaced/fixed since July 2009:

· Timing belt

· Water pump

· AC conversion

· Motor mounts

· Odometer rebuild

· New OEM exhaust system

· heater control valve

· HVAC switch gear

· Radiator coolant valve

· Replaced all bulbs in HVAC portion of dash

· Battery

· Sunroof seal

· Rear hatch seal

· Rear hatch pin (right)

· Both hatch pin seals

· Right side steering knuckle

· AC serviced and Freon filled

· New brake pads and rotors

· Replaced relay for turn signal

· Replaced windshield washer tubing

· New wheel bearings

· New shift boot

· New sun visor hardware

Ongoing project:

· Changing out automatic antenna with manual one. The antenna on these cars is poorly located under the front wheel well and is highly susceptible to corrosion and subsequent malfunction. It was recommended to me to make this change to a manual unit since the automatic systems continually fail – plus the radio doesn’t work anyway (see below). I have removed the old unit and have purchased the new manual antenna but have not yet installed it.

Things that are not great:

· Driver’s side fender has paint scratch. Older woman in a jetta backed into me. No dent just scratched paing. The paint still has a lot of clear coat left although there are a fair amount of minor blemishes as you would expect from a 31 year old car. The previous owner did a lot of touch up to small paint nicks around the car with what appears to be color matched paint. Given that it is a metallic color, they are however, easily seen.

· The radio doesn’t work. The radio and speakers are original and I guess I could have had it repaired (I like keeping it stock) but I like listening to the engine when I drive anyway.

· The dash has several cracks.

· Slight water leak onto trunk carpet under hatch.

· There is a cigarette burn on carpeting in between passenger and driver’s seat. I have never smoked in the car but apparently the previous owner did. However, it does not smell of smoke – I never would have purchased it if it did.

· Rear defroster has been disconnected. Previous owner cut the wires for some reason and I have always stored it in the winter so have never needed it.

· Front fog lights are aftermarket and do not work. Additionally the front splitter in which they sit, appears to be slightly misshapen. Another favor from the previous owner

· The car came without a rear view mirror. I purchased a rear view mirror from DC automotive and it is OEM but came off another 944. The metal "pins" that hold the mirror to the mounting piece are a little loose so it is a little wobbly when driving.

· Leather is coming off of steering wheel.
Attached Images   
Old 08-25-2018, 03:56 PM
dhansen
Instructor

Default More pictures

Old 08-25-2018, 07:16 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 280 Likes on 151 Posts

Wish I had the spare cash to pick this up as a daily driver :/
Old 09-07-2018, 10:09 PM
patriot993
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Is the car still available? My buddies and I are looking for a car we can turn into a Rally car...yours seems a bit too nice but you have it priced to sell
Old 09-07-2018, 11:58 PM
pcarfan944
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Really clean first year car. Don't let him turn it into a Rally car ^^
Old 09-08-2018, 08:15 AM
patriot993
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarfan944
Really clean first year car. Don't let him turn it into a Rally car ^^
yeah - that is where we are netting out - too nice for Rally and I am struggling to convince my wife that I need another daily driver. Sure would be nice though to add to the stable
Old 09-08-2018, 09:18 AM
greyman09
Track Day

Pm sent
Old 09-13-2018, 10:28 PM
Houndude
Cruisin'

New rennlist member but long time reader. Pretty interested in your well taken care of 944 and live close by in DC. I can’t pm you, but if you could pm me, it would be great to connect. Thanks!

Originally Posted by dhansen
1983 Porsche 944 for sale – $4,000

This has been my weekend/fun car and I have only put around 1,000 miles/year on it since buying it in 2009. I have put a lot of time and money into mechanically maintaining this car.This is not a show car but would make a solid daily driver or first car. I'm at about $15,000 (have all receipts) for maintenance and repairs invested. I tried to post more pics but they show up sideways for some reason - I can send more upon request.

This car has been serviced at Don Galbraith Motors (Now Euro Motorcars) in Devon PA since the 90’s by the previous owner and myself and I have all records including the original window sticker. Along with changing the oil every year (approximately every 1000 miles) with Brad Penn - Penn Grade, I have done the following since I have owned it.

Some Items replaced/fixed since July 2009:

· Timing belt

· Water pump

· AC conversion

· Motor mounts

· Odometer rebuild

· New OEM exhaust system

· heater control valve

· HVAC switch gear

· Radiator coolant valve

· Replaced all bulbs in HVAC portion of dash

· Battery

· Sunroof seal

· Rear hatch seal

· Rear hatch pin (right)

· Both hatch pin seals

· Right side steering knuckle

· AC serviced and Freon filled

· New brake pads and rotors

· Replaced relay for turn signal

· Replaced windshield washer tubing

· New wheel bearings

· New shift boot

· New sun visor hardware

Ongoing project:

· Changing out automatic antenna with manual one. The antenna on these cars is poorly located under the front wheel well and is highly susceptible to corrosion and subsequent malfunction. It was recommended to me to make this change to a manual unit since the automatic systems continually fail – plus the radio doesn’t work anyway (see below). I have removed the old unit and have purchased the new manual antenna but have not yet installed it.

Things that are not great:

· Driver’s side fender has paint scratch. Older woman in a jetta backed into me. No dent just scratched paing. The paint still has a lot of clear coat left although there are a fair amount of minor blemishes as you would expect from a 31 year old car. The previous owner did a lot of touch up to small paint nicks around the car with what appears to be color matched paint. Given that it is a metallic color, they are however, easily seen.

· The radio doesn’t work. The radio and speakers are original and I guess I could have had it repaired (I like keeping it stock) but I like listening to the engine when I drive anyway.

· The dash has several cracks.

· Slight water leak onto trunk carpet under hatch.

· There is a cigarette burn on carpeting in between passenger and driver’s seat. I have never smoked in the car but apparently the previous owner did. However, it does not smell of smoke – I never would have purchased it if it did.

· Rear defroster has been disconnected. Previous owner cut the wires for some reason and I have always stored it in the winter so have never needed it.

· Front fog lights are aftermarket and do not work. Additionally the front splitter in which they sit, appears to be slightly misshapen. Another favor from the previous owner

· The car came without a rear view mirror. I purchased a rear view mirror from DC automotive and it is OEM but came off another 944. The metal "pins" that hold the mirror to the mounting piece are a little loose so it is a little wobbly when driving.

· Leather is coming off of steering wheel.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:35 PM
dhansen
Instructor

Hi there and thank you for your interest. I currently have have a verbal agreement from someone to buy the car but will certainly let you know if it falls through for some reason.
best regards,
Dale
Old 09-13-2018, 10:40 PM
Steve48
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

GLWS, looks great
Old 09-13-2018, 10:44 PM
dhansen
Instructor

Many thanks!
Old 09-13-2018, 10:51 PM
Houndude
Cruisin'

Thanks, Dale. Best of luck. I went through and read all your various threads about this car and you must have really loved it to get it to this point. It certainly deserves a good home!
Old 09-13-2018, 11:10 PM
dhansen
Instructor

I had a great journey with this car and really enjoyed getting to know it. I hope to have another some day once the kids are out and about. The new owner shares the same passion for these cars so I know it will be well cared for. Thanks again
Old 09-17-2018, 05:46 PM
jmora911
6th Gear

PM sent
Old 09-20-2018, 03:21 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I am interested in the car.... I live pretty local.

PM sent... thanks

Quick Reply: 1983 Porsche 944 - Great Daily Driver