Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Vehicle Marketplace - Old (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old-218/)
-   -   Ford Mustang GT350R (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old/1088273-ford-mustang-gt350r.html)

Spmspm 08-07-2018 06:14 PM

Ford Mustang GT350R

RossP 08-07-2018 06:15 PM

Pictures, options etc. would help.....

Spmspm 08-07-2018 06:23 PM

I will post pictures tonight.

Here are the options:
Sync 3
Factory cover
R Electronics Package
Painted Black Roof
MSRP 68,615.00

raclaims 08-07-2018 06:25 PM

I love mine so much I may buy a second one!

lookingforanusp 08-07-2018 06:27 PM

Interested, awaiting details.

titleistaddict87 08-07-2018 07:19 PM

For those of us that don’t know, why are these cars loved so much and how are they the same or different from our 911s and Boxster/Caymans?

chillindrdude 08-07-2018 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by titleistaddict87 (Post 15198381)
For those of us that don’t know, why are these cars loved so much and how are they the same or different from our 911s and Boxster/Caymans?

it's a mustang, has some of the motorsports pedigree and build history akin to the 911.

the flat plane crank, 5.2L V8 revs to 8 grand and makes a sublime noise. again, akin to the 911.

chassis tuning with tracking in mind, so handling is good.

how different? its still much heavier, and hard to hide mass. and the interior build quality and materials are not as good as Porsche.

a great value for around 60K.

Trj 08-07-2018 09:45 PM

I have one! Great car!

Bossing 08-08-2018 10:09 AM

GLWS to the OP and future congrats to the buyer!

The GT350 especially the R is badass.... I also have one. :D

It's like a heftier GT3 in terms of performance driving... yet it can challenge or hold its own against more sportier cars on the track.

Most of all it's so fun to drive and sounds out of this world... even when you're leisurely cruising around. Endless grins.

This is a great price btw.... many paid over sticker, including me in early 2017.

jeff33702 08-08-2018 10:56 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a160622079.jpg
One of the best cars I've ever owned. Fun even driving "responsibly". Mine has been loosely for sale but at a purposely high price - as I know it will be impossible to replace this experience at anywhere near the same price point. Fit and finish is great on mine but you can still tell the difference comparing it to a Porsche or my Audi RS4. Interior fit and finish is fine - would prefer some nicer materials, that's about it.

Good luck!

raclaims 08-08-2018 05:52 PM

I bet if I ran a GT3 back to back with the R, the R would be faster (assuming both manuals).

The R is insane on the track. It's dare I say, amazing.

I've been daily driving mine for a few weeks now, the electronics are great...apple car play, etc. A bit bumpy ride at times but the sound is second to none and it looks terrific. Nice easy clutch with long gears to the traffic doesn't bother me at all.

Yes, build quality is American all the way. However, brembo brakes, carbon wheels, solid trans, MONSTER motor and exhaust sound that makes me laugh my ass off.

After my last track day in mine, I actually thought to myself, man I'm proud to be an American...can't remember ever saying that about an American car.

Brakes during track days don't fade, didn't boil the brake fluid and the seats did a nice job "ish" holding me in place. I wish I had a full harness but whatever.

I get more thumbs up with the mustang than my GT3RS

raclaims 08-08-2018 05:55 PM

I forgot to mention the pedal placement...it's actually VERY easy to rev match in normal'ish conditions...with spirited driving rev matching is a breeze...much much much easier than any Porsche I've ever owned.

RossP 08-08-2018 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by raclaims (Post 15201027)
I bet if I ran a GT3 back to back with the R, the R would be faster (assuming both manuals).

The R is insane on the track. It's dare I say, amazing.

I've been daily driving mine for a few weeks now, the electronics are great...apple car play, etc. A bit bumpy ride at times but the sound is second to none and it looks terrific. Nice easy clutch with long gears to the traffic doesn't bother me at all.

Yes, build quality is American all the way. However, brembo brakes, carbon wheels, solid trans, MONSTER motor and exhaust sound that makes me laugh my ass off.

After my last track day in mine, I actually thought to myself, man I'm proud to be an American...can't remember ever saying that about an American car.

Brakes during track days don't fade, didn't boil the brake fluid and the seats did a nice job "ish" holding me in place. I wish I had a full harness but whatever.

I get more thumbs up with the mustang than my GT3RS

Agree with all of this. I considered one but had to scratch the GT3 itch first.

Trj 08-08-2018 09:05 PM

Ditto. Agree on all of the above.

cweed 08-08-2018 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trj (Post 15201452)
Ditto. Agree on all of the above.

One more vote for the all the positive comments above, every time I get gas people ask about/ like the car.