Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

WTB: 911R *private party only please*

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 08:40 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 1000
Color: Any
Price (no $ sign please): $300000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Car is worth way under 300k and has been since the beginning.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:49 AM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Huh? Every car I've looked at/bought in the UK is a meaningful premium for RHD. And premium to currency adjusted LHD cars in Europe/US. I'm sure there are some exceptions.
That's because you are looking, in a vacuum, in the UK where a LHD car is going to sell at a discount. On a global basis, outside of RHD countries, its the opposite. Yes there are always exceptions and supply and demand factors which might explain a 911R premium for RHD. But the RHD discount is the typical case, particularly with, for example, collectible air cooled cars.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:09 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by pors9
That's because you are looking, in a vacuum, in the UK where a LHD car is going to sell at a discount. On a global basis, outside of RHD countries, its the opposite. Yes there are always exceptions and supply and demand factors which might explain a 911R premium for RHD. But the RHD discount is the typical case, particularly with, for example, collectible air cooled cars.
So you are talking about a RHD car in a LHD region? Uh, yeah, that is an odd duck and I'm assuming pretty unusual given RHD market is smaller and typically starved for supply in the first place. RHD cars trade for premium in RHD regions. And they tend to trade for premiums to the same LHD car in a LHD region. That's why your statement is still confusing. Why would a RHD vehicle end up in LHD region; I'm sure they exist but gotta be few and far between?
Old 09-14-2018, 02:35 PM
pors9
Banned

So you are talking about a RHD car in a LHD region? Uh, yeah, that is an odd duck and I'm assuming pretty unusual given RHD market is smaller and typically starved for supply in the first place. RHD cars trade for premium in RHD regions. And they tend to trade for premiums to the same LHD car in a LHD region. That's why your statement is still confusing. Why would a RHD vehicle end up in LHD region; I'm sure they exist but gotta be few and far between?
What I mean is that, yes, the market for RHD is much smaller as is production. But on resale, depending upon the car, the market demand is so much smaller that the RHD cars command a lower price relative to LHD and are harder to sell. Perhaps not so much out of the gate. But in time the RHD 911R will trade at a discount to LHD simply due to demand. This is the case with RHD rare aircooled cars.

My bigger point was really that it's not clear to me that a RHD in the UK sells for a premium to a LHD in the US - other than a difference which can largely be viewed as being attributable to VAT. But certainly one auction data point is essentially the same as no data point.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I guess every niche market is a little different. Every Ferrari and Porsche I've looked at over here has been surprisingly expensive in RHD compared to LHD. Granted, I'm looking at CS, Scud, Speciale and various vintage 911s: all meaningfully more expensive in RHD. Maybe uber rare AC are different? Idk? Stuff that's 10+ yrs old still premium in RHD in UK and compared to same vehicles I'm looking at in US, even after £ has taken a beating.

Anyway, dead horse. Back to this dude's R wtb ad.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:09 PM
pors9
Banned

Anyway, dead horse. Back to this dude's R wtb ad.
Agree ... let's give him back his thread

Old 09-18-2018, 01:31 PM
crazyed
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

The English RM R sold for 332K pounds. At todays exchange of 1.30 that is approx. 431k USD. in ENGLAND! We are not talking about taking the car out of England.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:51 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Update

Well, it's been a while and I'm still in the market. Got sidetracked for a bit and, in the meantime, prices have come down to my $300k price point. Now I'm just being picky. Passed on a couple solid prospects but they were compromises in one way or the another.

Close to pulling the proverbial trigger on one, just want to make sure that I'm not missing a more ideal alternative.

Dream spec:
GT Silver
SMFW
Bucket seats
Tarpan Brown leather interior
FAL
Green Stripes
(No red interior stitching)

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 01-05-2019 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:18 PM
2016 gt3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds great what are concerns?
Old 01-05-2019, 12:42 AM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 592 Likes on 259 Posts

I believe Champion has a GT silver R for $315k... not private party but i'm sure you can get it CPO as well

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Well, it's been a while and I'm still in the market. Got sidetracked for a bit and, in the meantime, prices have come down to my $300k price point. Now I'm just being picky. Passed on a couple solid prospects but they were compromises in one way or the another.

Close to pulling the proverbial trigger on one, just want to make sure that I'm not missing a more ideal alternative.

Dream spec:
GT Silver
SMFW
Bucket seats
FAL
Green Stripes
Old 01-05-2019, 01:37 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

The $400k PTS samples are sitting on ice with no buyers. Would personally stay away from anything over low $300’s.Too many Pcar exclusive and limited edition series being introduced.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:40 PM
speef
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Marvinta
I guess I'm in the minority but I'im pretty sure the price of these will drop below 300k. Just depends on how long you are willing to wait. Will they get below 250k.... yes
yes
Old 01-05-2019, 01:01 PM
goinpostol
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I believe I can help

Dream spec:
GT Silver
SMFW
Bucket seats
FAL
Green Stripes

Blue, I may be able to help. Feel free to reach out to me.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:20 PM
2016 gt3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have thought for a long time that these cars will settle in the 250k range, still do.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:24 PM
TYPE911
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 180 Posts

Dream spec:
GT Silver
SMFW
Bucket seats
FAL
Green Stripes
Not quite your dream spec, but it is GT Silver!

Scottsdale in January is not a bad place to be...
https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/2016-porsche-911-r/

Quick Reply: WTB: 911R *private party only please*