Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2003 Porsche 911 Manual Coupe w/X74 & IMSB Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 03:27 PM
spruden
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2003 Porsche 911 Manual Coupe w/X74 & IMSB Retrofit - SALE PENDING

Year: 2003
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 94000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Silver
VIN: WP0AA29943S623158
Price (no $ sign please): $24000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

SALE PENDING - Deposit Received - 2003 Porsche 911 Manual Coupe w/X74 & IMSB Retrofit
Asking $24000 as currently setup.

Well maintained (LNE Dual Row Pro IMSB replacement with full pre-qualification by certified installer) and fully documented Carrera 2 manual coupe for sale. Currently setup for DE use, but easily returned to a mostly street setup (give me a day to take out the roll bar and put back in the factory seats). This is a true no stories 996 with an (almost) full service history going back to 2004. I’m an active national PCA instructor who takes track reliability and safety seriously - the car has seen PCA DE use (no range 2 over revs). Selling as I’ve moved into full endurance racing and am out of space in the garage for this car.

I’ve documented a lot of my ownership through various Rennlist posts - so hoping another Rennlister can continue to enjoy this 996 as much as I have. As currently configured this is a perfect car to enjoy during the week then impersonate a GT3 or Turbo on the track!

Mileage: 94,000 and rising slowly
VIN: WP0AA29943S623158
Colors: Arctic Silver over Black Interior

Options:
  • XSC - Porsche crest embossed in headrests
  • X97 - Gear lever **** with aluminium inlay
  • X98 - Handbrake lever with aluminium inlay
  • 342 - Seat heating
  • 411 - 18" Carrera 5-spoke wheels
  • Hi Fi sound (digital)
Modifications: (all done to freshen worn parts, enhance safety, or enhance reliability of the powertrain). I have all of the original suspension, original cats, etc… that will go with the car.
  • Full X74 Suspension including spring/struts, sway bars, sway bar bushings and chassis reinforcements (original suspension was tired, refreshed with the best factory available option)
  • Fister sport mufflers (sounds amazing)
  • LNE Dual Row Pro IMSB Retrofit professionally installed by certified installer with full pre-qualification performed. Fully documented and cataloged with LNE. (enhanced reliability)
  • LNE magnetic drain plug
  • LNE spin on oil filter adapter
  • FVD Motorsports Oil Pan and baffle (enhanced reliability for DE use)
  • FVD 200 cell sport cats X-pipe (original cat failed - easy replacement)
  • Low temp thermostat (enhance reliability of powertrain)
  • Sebro slotted brake rotors (enhanced safety for track use)
  • Ferodo DS 1.11 pads (track), Ferodo DS 2500 pads (street)
  • Rebuild brake calipers with RacingBrake seals and high-temp dust boots (enhanced safety for track use)
  • DAS Sport bolt-in roll bar - freshly powdercoated in a metallic red finish (safety)
  • OMP racing seats (safety for track use) - mounted with brey krause side mounts and directly bolted (not on sliders)
  • TranzitBlu HF bluetooth adapter and microphone
  • Spare set of 17” C4 OEM wheels powdercoated and mounted with Conti DWS all season tires for comfortable, safe, all weather (non-snow) driving.
  • Current 6 point harnesses for passenger and driver (safety for track use)
The good. This is a true no stories car. No record or evidence of paintwork. Everything on the car works as new. I have almost every receipt going back to the first owner - I’m owner number 4. I even have the original window sticker. This car has been babied but driven regularly for both commuting and at the race track. It has received more regular maintenance than almost any 996 I’ve seen - very frequent oil changes (7 in the past year - before each track event). No reasonable expense has been spared to keep this car running as good as new. The IMSB has been replaced with the best option commercially available at the time by a certified installer with all pre-qualification completed. It has the best Porsche factory suspension offered on a 996 - X74. This is a car that loves to be driven properly with no driver aids besides ABS. Clutch, AOS, water pump, battery, AC condenser/drier, and other items replaced as needed within the last 3 years.

The bad. The original 5 spoke wheels are showing their age and could use a cosmetic refresh - there is a bit of curb rash and wear and tear. Rock chips as you would expect a 94,000 mile car to have. The rear plastic bumper has heat damage directly above the exhaust tips due to misaligned tips when I purchased the car. The soft touch plastic on a few of the interior surfaces shows a bit of wear. The sport cats will occasionally throw a CEL (once a year or so) - this is a common problem and is easily resolved by replacing them with the factory cats (will be included in the sale). One factory cat needs to be refurbished as the catalyst is rattling around in the housing. The 200 cell sport cats are not CARB legal - so if you need your car smogged then you’ll need to fix/swap back to the included factory cats. Not an issue where the car is registered today.

If you have questions and are interested in the car - just shoot me a PM. Happy to share anything about the car.
Attached Images           

Last edited by spruden; 05-14-2018 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Sale pending
Old 05-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 933 Likes on 622 Posts

Wow that is a proper DE-ready 996. It is setup very similar to mine and looks very well maintained. GLWS!!
Old 05-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Vipertag313
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

That metallic red roll bar is beautiful
Old 05-09-2018, 04:16 PM
NYoutftr
Rennlist Member

Received 422 Likes on 245 Posts

+1 Very similar to mine as well
Looks like a nice well sorted car
GLWS
Old 05-09-2018, 04:49 PM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

Great build! GLWS!
Old 05-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Double Z
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done. GLWS
Old 05-11-2018, 08:52 PM
spruden
Racer

All PMs replied to!
Old 05-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Grip99
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PMed

Last edited by Grip99; 05-13-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:36 AM
spruden
Racer

Originally Posted by Grip99
PMed
All PMs replied to either via RL or email. Thanks for the interest - forgot to mention in the ad that the car has a fresh battery and was just independently inspected and aligned at factory X74 specs.

Quick Reply: 2003 Porsche 911 Manual Coupe w/X74 & IMSB Retrofit