Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab - $48,000

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 07:23 PM
gmfounta
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2005
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 88544
Color: Seal Grey
VIN: WP0CB29935S675695
Price (no $ sign please): $46000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Turbo
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

I'm getting with my mechanic for more detail on the turbo heat shields. Tried to take some pictures but I can't see them from the engine bay or under the car. I'll get some pictures once he narrows my search.

I probably didn't paint the prettiest picture when I posted the original ad. I'm just trying to be honest and upfront on all issues and give you my thought process on whether a fix is necessary. I truly feel like these issues are minor but understand apprehension when spending the amount of money these cars are worth. If you're interested in the vehicle feel free to reach out and we can come up with a plan for correcting some or all of the issues.

Thanks
Grant
Old 04-28-2018, 07:48 PM
gmfounta
Track Day

The rest of the pictures I have on hand.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:42 AM
vt3
Track Day

Nice to see an honest, straight forward seller! It must be a WNY thing.... I'm about 35 miles from Geneva Foreign and Sport! Thank you! All listings and sellers be like this!
Old 04-29-2018, 09:48 AM
gmfounta
Track Day

Originally Posted by vt3
Nice to see an honest, straight forward seller! It must be a WNY thing.... I'm about 35 miles from Geneva Foreign and Sport! Thank you! All listings and sellers be like this!

Thanks VT3! As a buyer I know I appreciate someone who isn’t going to hide anything.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:07 PM
gmfounta
Track Day

Default Price Drop

$44,000. Make an offer.
Old 05-04-2018, 11:21 AM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

Hate to see the price go this low. I think folks are missing out a great opportunity to buy a driver at a bargain price.

BTW - my clock adjustment stalk broke off just like yours - I ordered a new set from Suncoast and superglued the new stalk to the broken part and it has worked with no issues for the last 6 years. Maybe $15 total.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:20 PM
orangeman
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL Whaaaaaaaat? They made FEWER 996 Turbo S Cabs than 996 GT2s.

The last 05 S cab I saw went for 58k, and was also seal. This is a steal. Coincidentally, I have seen this car parked at Wegmans. It looked great a couple years ago, and the shop it has beens serviced at in Geneva is LEGIT. You should see their air-cooled collection. I would have absolutely no problem buy a car that has been serviced by them.

Dude, polish the headlights, spend $200 on a new lip from Suncoast, detail the **** out of it, and then put it on some of the national car sales sites for $59k.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:24 PM
VanD
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Pm Sent

See pm
Old 05-06-2018, 10:24 AM
GDI
Instructor

Interesting... Current 996TT owners are advising the seller to raise the price $10K and the market is telling him to keep going lower!

Good luck with the sale, that's a nice car!
Old 05-06-2018, 11:45 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by leftlane
Hate to see the price go this low. I think folks are missing out a great opportunity to buy a driver at a bargain price.

BTW - my clock adjustment stalk broke off just like yours - I ordered a new set from Suncoast and superglued the new stalk to the broken part and it has worked with no issues for the last 6 years. Maybe $15 total.
the market is speaking, of course you are willing to move/step up on this....
Old 05-07-2018, 08:55 AM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 285 Posts

There are plenty of coupes older than this going for more money. I don't see how this shouldn't be priced higher based on being the last year of the 996TT, S model, and it's a cab selling in the spring. If I didn't already have a 996TT cab I would be all over this.

I guess I'm different than some other owners who like to knock these cars down so that the value of their own car takes a hit too. Everyone who owns one should want to see higher prices, not get on here and bang on them for not being low enough. And I also haven't seen anyone who keeps telling OP to lower the price step in to buy after he has done so repeatedly.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:19 AM
mxracer
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gmfounta
So the heat shields... Like I said one was cracked and one had come off completely. After talking with the mechanic (who is certified and has been working on these for 10+ years) they serve almost no purpose and would cost over $1000 to repair bc you have to remove the turbos to replace.

Ill send some pics soon.
Are you talking about #14 in the diagram below? If so, unless the bolts are snapped off in the turbos and need to be drilled out, the turbos do not have to be removed. The heat shields can be removed with the turbos on the car. Point being, it may not be as big a deal for you or the next owner as it may seem.

Old 05-07-2018, 10:31 AM
Realizer
Track Day

Personally I wouldn't drop the price anymore than you have. Not everyone wants a cab and most owners are buying 996es now because they are the cheapest quick Porsche you can get into at the moment. Anything older costs nearly double and anything newer is damn near triple. Who cares how rare it is? No one likes the old guy that brings up that his car is 1 of XXX or the general rarity of his car (who cares) anyway.

Keep your price where it is brother, fix the little things as stated and make the car at least cosmetically good to go. Lots of buyers "myself included" will pass on a car with broken interior bits. I don't care if it doesn't affect the driving experience. I care if it looks beat or indicates that the previous owner didn't care for the car. If you're not gagging to sell her, sit on her and be patient.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:05 PM
orangeman
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Lol, I don't own a turbo. As a 03 seal C4S owner... it's in my best interest for the prices to keep coming down haha.

How's this for the market speaking: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-911-turbo-17/

$75k for an 8k X50 car WITH TWO DAYS LEFT IN BIDDING.

OP - polish the headlights, get a new lip, do a full paint correction, post it to bring a trailer.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:37 PM
2000m2
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

As long as auctions are being cited as a reference point, here is an '05 Turbo S cab that sold for $50k:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...911-turbo-s-7/

Quick Reply: 2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cab - $48,000