Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 2018/19 GT3RS VIP Position

Old 03-19-2018, 02:49 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2018/19 GT3RS VIP Position

Year: 2019
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 0
Color: any
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 4 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

We have the very first VIP position for a 2018/19 GT3RS into a large west coast Porsche Dealership. You can spec it as you wish and your name will be on the order.

Serious buyers please call for pricing. 800-935-9590
Old 03-21-2018, 03:39 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We have been told by our Porsche dealer that total GT3RS production will be 1400 units. Less than the GT2RS.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:02 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
So how can you have a VIP position when VIP's have to hold their cars for 1 year? Just curious? Also what about price?
At that level of ownership you have professionals, like lawyers, assist you.
I could imagine one way is that a professional would recommend creating an LLC as the VIP entity, then add the new buyer to the Board. Run the funds through the LLC and All parties are satisfied (may even have tax benefits).
Old 03-22-2018, 12:29 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by goin2drt

Makes sense. I am confident that type of stuff goes on. Seems like a lot of work but got it.

Second question to OP. Please post your sources for this 1,400 number. I get a bunch of forum people can have fun and speculate but when a forum sponsor and a dealer no less make those claims I would suspect that it is fact and hold you to that higher standard, not speculation to try and sell more cars. Can you please provide your source?

Third, let us know the price. I and it appears others are interested.
That information was told to us by 3 separate Porsche dealers, so I give it some validity, which is why I repeated it.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:49 PM
AMG USA
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by phily911
My guess, its $50K over MSRP for that position..

I wouldnt be so annoyed with posts like this if they were more upfront with the price and details. Why hide it? No one should have any problem with someone else MAKING MONEY!
I understand your point. I'll try to help you understand ours. We did not post the price for 3 primary reasons.

1. Past history on the forums shows us that when we post the price for a position, we get trashed by all the people who don't like the price, or that we're making a profit, or that there is a market for positions at all. We don't like to get trashed.
2. The market for the GT3RS has not settled yet. It still a little early and we don't want to publish a price to set or effect the market.
3. People who are seriously interested in buying a position call us to discuss it, which is what we prefer.

Remember, we're a dealer running a business, trying to make a profit. In this case, we feel that not publishing the price serves us the best.

I hope that explanation helps you understand our thinking.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:30 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 115 Posts

Not sure I'm following all the haters on this. I believe the OP is a second hand dealer/consignment shop. What if the allocation was from a "client" giving it to the dealer as a consignment? Would that make it easier to stomach? Either way, the seller is selling a car spot, not jacking up the price on milk to the poor.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:06 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
I hope PCNA catches/see's this. This is exactly the reason why I no longer buy new Porsche's right now no matter which model (fingers crossed for no games with mission-e) , to much of this BS all over the place, Porsche is loosing new car sales one enthusiast at a time but i'm sure there is that person new to Porsche who will gladly pay the game.
I respectfully disagree and appreciate a chance to return from graceand get the car I want. When after 3 past "GT car deals" and one "GT4 sellback promised" in the future, my dealer thought it wise to drop me from his GT allocation list. In fact, all GM and SAs in the past deals departed the dealership.

I appreciate the market forces in work regarding supply/pricing and gladly support Richard posting as an honest seller with a genuine allocation.

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2018, 03:52 PM
Gesler
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Doubt Porsche cares about losing one enthusiast at a time as there are many more that seem to buy these cars to only to store them in a garage and sell them for profit a few years later saying "only x00 miles, like new!!" with people here falling over themselves saying how great a deal it is and how awesome the seller is.

On the other side, how can a new Porsche or driving "enthusiast" buy these cars without having a history of paying through the nose for several uninteresting porsches just to develop a 'relationship'? At least these guys are giving an avenue for such people that have the money to not care about mark ups.

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
I hope PCNA catches/see's this. This is exactly the reason why I no longer buy new Porsche's right now no matter which model (fingers crossed for no games with mission-e) , to much of this BS all over the place, Porsche is loosing new car sales one enthusiast at a time but i'm sure there is that person new to Porsche who will gladly pay the game.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:52 PM
Christmas50
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 62 Posts

We are not allowed to say anything against site sponsors and if you do your post is deleted. I understand trashing somebody is not nice but voicing our opinion is a different thing.
This is a public forum and we should be able to voice our agreements or disagreements. Just 0.02
Old 03-22-2018, 08:00 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Christmas50
We are not allowed to say anything against site sponsors and if you do your post is deleted. I understand trashing somebody is not nice but voicing our opinion is a different thing.
This is a public forum and we should be able to voice our agreements or disagreements. Just 0.02
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...e-threads.html
Old 03-22-2018, 08:07 PM
crazyed
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Does this position able PTS on this allocation?
Old 03-22-2018, 10:38 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 708 Likes on 335 Posts

I don't think any PTS positions have been offered yet.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:43 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Don't the forum rules also state that a for sale price must be posted?
Old 03-23-2018, 06:29 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Don't the forum rules also state that a for sale price must be posted?
Not for dealers...only private sellers.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:29 AM
CGT000
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 57 Posts

Guys. Be patient. As long as the car is not numbered ala 918 or 911R, Porsche will build as many as it can sell. Same BS was taking place right after the 991.1 RS debut. I got a new one for sticker a year later. You can buy them used now for below sticker (non pts). Just be patient.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 2018/19 GT3RS VIP Position