Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Porsche 964 C4

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 03:38 AM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Year: 2020
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 964 C4
Mileage (numbers only please): 86000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Slate Grey
VIN: WP0AB2969LS451583
Price (no $ sign please): $66500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by Backmarker
Hey newbie, stop crapping on other people's for sale postings. Otherwise mods will ban you.
agree.

Asking price considering 20k in repairs and color combo are in line with other C4 pricing I’ve seen
Maybe 997Pilot is having a hard tine with 964 values outpacing his water cooler.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:49 AM
mazifakka
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car and although I don't think the price is insane, it is higher than I'd expect for an early C4. I'd consider paying that price for the same configuration in a 1992 C2, but not a 90 C4.
Old 03-16-2018, 01:39 AM
JS6100
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window sticker and service records

Old 03-16-2018, 07:37 AM
mazifakka
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great documentation! Love to see the old school sticker printed on the dot matrix printer!
Old 04-21-2018, 09:58 PM
Erich K.
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this hasn't sold yet, did the engine work include a gasket mod or similar solution? Original pistons/cylinders? Valve guides? ARP studs?

What flywheel is on the car?

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2018, 10:27 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice Car!! Wow I remember when no one would touch a 964, then again I also remember when 996’s, even Turbo’s, were the cheapest Porsche around.

I miss my 88 Coupe, but not enough to pay the prices Air Cooled are going for.

That said if I were looking the color combo and records on this one would make me consider it for sure.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:21 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Erich K.
If this hasn't sold yet, did the engine work include a gasket mod or similar solution? Original pistons/cylinders? Valve guides? ARP studs?

What flywheel is on the car?

Thanks!
Bingo... seeing a lot of work but replacing head studs is not addressing the biggest issue that plagues these motors. Was the gasket mod done? Were the valve guides done? If not then maybe the price is a bit high? Yes the color combo is nice and rare too/
Old 04-25-2018, 01:25 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Originally Posted by Trader220
Bingo... seeing a lot of work but replacing head studs is not addressing the biggest issue that plagues these motors. Was the gasket mod done? Were the valve guides done? If not then maybe the price is a bit high? Yes the color combo is nice and rare too/
have you guys bothered to read the description??

All work done at Porsche only service garage in Los Angeles (name & phone number upon request)
Within the last 4k miles I replaced:
-Full engine & transmission out services (to replace broken engine studs, replace all valve cover & gaskets, chain cover gasket, new oil line from filter to thermostat, new oil filter console, 12x new spark plugs & wiring, Distribution Cap, new fuel injector seal)
-New engine oil Cooler (in Fender)
-Replace Clutch kit (disc, pressure plate, release bearing, guide tube, crankshaft to flywheel)
Old 04-25-2018, 01:38 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lorenzoh

have you guys bothered to read the description??

All work done at Porsche only service garage in Los Angeles (name & phone number upon request)
-Full engine & transmission out services (to replace broken engine studs, replace all valve cover & gaskets, chain cover gasket, new oil line from filter to thermostat, new oil filter console, 12x new spark plugs & wiring, Distribution Cap, new fuel injector seal)
-Replace Clutch kit (disc, pressure plate, release bearing, guide tube, crankshaft to flywheel)
Okay so reading that then the heavy lifting was not done. Replaced broken head studs, excellent. No addressing of the old gasketless system Porsche used through middle of MY 91 which is a poor design and was changed by Porsche in the last Q of 91 and going forward. Nothing done with the valve guides. Fair enough.

Nice looking color combo GLWS
Old 04-25-2018, 02:13 PM
Lorenzoh
Pro

Okay so reading that then the heavy lifting was not done. Replaced broken head studs, excellent. No addressing of the old gasketless system Porsche used through middle of MY 91 which is a poor design and was changed by Porsche in the last Q of 91 and going forward. Nothing done with the valve guides. Fair enough.

Nice looking color combo GLWS
probably safe to assume If it was an engine out for head studs then it got a full reseal which would address the gasketless head leak issue. And unless valve guides were bad/bent, no reason to tear the motor down. Prob best to ask the OP or perhaps he will post something to clarify.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:44 PM
Trader220
Rennlist Member

I would not assume a "full reseal" addressed the gasketless issue. Thats a pretty major operation which involves machine work. I agree its not a must to do the valve guides but while you have the heads off and the top end apart why not? I think you're right, the OP might want to document what was done. "Full reseal" can be a vague term, why not document what was done and do some price justification? If the gasketless issue and the valve guides were done then the price looks a whole lot more attractive. If just the gasketless issue was done then the price still is more reasonable than without. Either way, this appears to be a nice car with some of the heavy lifting done.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:47 PM
nategracey
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Bump to get this FOR SALE post back on track. GLWS sir!
Old 04-28-2018, 04:10 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 465 Posts

I would not assume a "full reseal" addressed the gasketless issue. Thats a pretty major operation which involves machine work. I agree its not a must to do the valve guides but while you have the heads off and the top end apart why not? I think you're right, the OP might want to document what was done. "Full reseal" can be a vague term, why not document what was done and do some price justification? If the gasketless issue and the valve guides were done then the price looks a whole lot more attractive. If just the gasketless issue was done then the price still is more reasonable than without. Either way, this appears to be a nice car with some of the heavy lifting done.
I would counter that if the car is apart and valve guides and internals look good why mess with it? My 90 had a full reseal to the tune of $10k a couple of years ago and outside of changing the rubber bits, painting the fan and regrinding the cam the engine was left alone. I bought it late last year and had compression/leakdown done and it came back perfect. If anyone has reservations on what was done then have a PPI done and confirm the car doesn’t need anything. If PPI turns up an issue then negotiate accordingly.

Beautiful car, GLWS!
Old 05-04-2018, 01:45 PM
tbonelarry
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JS6100
Odometer 86000

-Power sunroof, electric seats, driver airbag, bluetooth radio + original radio
-European suspension height
-New Cup 2 rims - painted black

-New front & rear brake (Pads, Rotors, Sensors, damper, and bleed system)
-New control Arm Bushing set / Sway Darp link , replace front suspension
-New Tire rods
-New sway bar drop link
-Recharged AC system - blows cold
-Replace spoiler speed control unit
=$19k worth of work !!
PM Sent.

Quick Reply: Porsche 964 C4