Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2005 Jaguar Super V8

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Gle8
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Jaguar Super V8

Year: 2005
Make: Jaguar
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 85000
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $16500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

For your consideration is my 2005 Jaguar XJ Super V8. Currently at 84,xxx miles, which will increase as I drive it.

In 2005, this was the top model offered by Jaguar. MSRP was over $90,000 when new. In a nutshell, this car is the XJ Vanden Plas with the supercharged V8 from an XJ-R. It also shares some of the suspension (and Brembo Brakes) from the XJ-R. It was also the longest car ever offered by Jaguar, at roughly 17.5 feet long. Most of this length was from adding 5” of rear seat legroom compared to the standard XJ.

This is a true gentleman’s cruiser. 390HP and 399 pound-feet of torque accelerate this luxury cabin from 0-60 in 5 seconds. And they came loaded with every option Jaguar had to offer, including picnic tables, rear entertainment, adaptive cruise control, rear sunshades, and power everything (to name just a few). It is also the last model year of this body style, excluding the 2006 models which added the horrific looking side vents. In my opinion, this is the best example of the XJ-L body ever produced.

Everything works as it aught to, even the rear entertainment. No squeaks or rattles, every button does its job, and nothing is missing. Service records for the last 3 years, including replacement of the front air suspension (this is CRUCIAL on buying a Super V8). New tires, rebuilt front calipers with new rotors and pads in the last 1K miles. Car is completely stock with exception of an aftermarket blue-tooth receiver behind the stereo, and an auto dimming rear view mirror with temperature and built in rear view camera. Original Wilton Wool mats are present.

The interior is in excellent condition. The only flaws are some scratches on the driver’s door leather (under where one grabs the handle), and a small scratch on the passenger side center console. The headliner was replaced last week and in in perfect condition. The leather is all supple and without rips or tears (or even visible wear).

The exterior is also in fantastic shape for its age. The only notable flaws are some hazing of the passenger side headlights, some very minor rash on 2 of the rims, and some random scratches here and there. No dents, dings, or rust anywhere. I attempted to take photos of the visible exterior scratches, but couldn’t get them to show.

All in all this is likely one of the best examples of this car that you will find. It presents extremely well, and is a pleasure to drive. I’ve tried to point out all the flaws that are apparent to me, no matter how small, and to capture them in the photos as well as I am able.

I am selling because I will be moving to Australia in the next few months, and cannot take it with me. That said, this is not a fire sale, and I am happy to keep it stateside for when I visit if it does not sell.

This is a great deal on a whole lot of car. It is a true sleeper, as no one outside of Jag enthusiasts will know that the “Super V8” badge on the back means you can overtake most anything on the road in your rolling living room. My fiancé refuses to ride in the front, as the back seat (with its recline and entertainment) is a wonderful place to be. Especially while sipping a bourbon.

Asking $16,500. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have, and I am happy to take additional photos of anything you’d like to see. Thanks for looking!
Old 12-27-2017, 12:33 PM
Gle8
Rennlist Member

PHOTOS:

Old 12-27-2017, 12:40 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

When a Jag looked like a Jag. Very nice looking car, good luck with the sale.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:01 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanR
When a Jag looked like a Jag. Very nice looking car, good luck with the sale.
absolutely.....almost a classic car right there and in great shape
Old 12-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I own a 2006 Super V8 (mine is the 'Portfolio Edition' of which only 145 were made).

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/jaguar...lio-ar569.html

These are GREAT cars for the money!!

I've used mine for 7 years as my daily driver.... all 12 months the year. The owner is correct in that the air-suspension on these cars was a major issue. So the fact that he has fixed it is a big plus

GLWS
Old 12-28-2017, 01:19 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I have an 07 super V8, identical except mine has chrome wheels, in five plus years all I have had to do is the parking brake module and a thermostat. Great car. Arnott has made the air suspension a negligible issue. $550 a corner for new ones, $1500 to convert to coils.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...ries/x350/2007

It is stupid fast and handles extremely well for its size because it is very light being all aluminium (so no material rust issues). The sound is amazing too. Dead silent at cruise (mine has adaptive cruise so basically all you have to do is steer) and this great V8 and blower noise when you get on it. I bought it when I had a driver and would sit in the back (the passenger front seat is adjustable from the back and the rear leg room is enormous even with the front seats all the way back).

Good luck with the sale.Edit: two other points, the side vents came in 2008 when they eliminated the chrome trim and restyled it, and I like the style of the super V8 so much I ordered my touring in black with the chrome trim and am adding mahogany wood trim.

Last edited by evilfij; 12-28-2017 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:20 AM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

I just sold my 2004 XJ8 (X350 Chassis 2004-2009) and having NOTHING but absolute praise for that car. I owned it for 10 years and 100k miles and I NEVER keep cars that long. Supremely reliable, fast, comfortable, elegant and reasonably easy to work on. EVERYBODY commented on two things: how beautiful it was and how unreliable they assumed it was. In my 10 years it only failed me once (fuel pump at 120k miles) and probably didn't cost $5k in total repairs. When I sold it everything still worked as new. I have never owned a more reliable car (confession: I do usually only buy Europeans...) I could go on for days on how much I loved the car, I simply got to the point I didn't need it anymore, killed me to sell it.

All that to say, this Super V8 is the ultimate X350. The luxury of a VandenPlas and the GO of the XJR. Fairly rare and VERY tempting, honestly if it wasn't black I would be PM'ing the seller right now. Known issues aren't that big: air suspension, coolant overflow bottles fail, water pumps every 60k or so, headliners like to sag (he just replaced his) and thats about it. Feel free to PM me if you want any of my experiences as I addressed all of them myself, none were a big deal.

Best of luck to the seller, amazing car!
Old 12-28-2017, 02:55 PM
Gle8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Edit: two other points, the side vents came in 2008 when they eliminated the chrome trim and restyled it, and I like the style of the super V8 so much I ordered my touring in black with the chrome trim and am adding mahogany wood trim.
Ahh, thank you. For some reason I thought 2006.

It is an amazing car, I'd take it with me if I could.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:01 PM
porscheandy
Instructor

Two words:
Kaiser Soze
Old 12-28-2017, 09:16 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

The side vents were only on the 'Portfolio Edition' of the Super V8 pre 2008. My '06 has them. That package was another $26K on top of the price of the regular Super V8!
Old 12-29-2017, 04:59 PM
Porvair
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Beautiful car.

Is that an enigma machine in the center console? TSeems like a vehicle that John le Carre' would be driven around in...
Old 12-29-2017, 06:43 PM
Gle8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porvair
Beautiful car.

Is that an enigma machine in the center console? TSeems like a vehicle that John le Carre' would be driven around in...
In the rear center console? I think that's the launch control for countermeasures. I'm not allowed to advertise that option
Old 01-05-2018, 10:07 PM
Gle8
Rennlist Member

Bump for the new year
Old 01-10-2018, 07:53 PM
horsepowerfarm
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have both been chauffeured and have driven this exact car. The owner is a long time friend and customer of mine, who spares no expense on proper care for his cars. Susan and I had a great time getting picked up at the airport in Denver at Thanksgiving, we enjoyed cocktails and light appetizers using the picnic tables on our way to Susan's brothers home in Golden. I requested **** on the head rest displays, but sadly my driver would not comply. However, the sound system more than made up for it.
I am going to vouch for the seller and the car, both are great. I do think his pictures really suck and don't begin to do the car justice. This is a lot of car for the money.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:35 PM
Gle8
Rennlist Member

Accepting reasonable (and serious) offers.

Quick Reply: 2005 Jaguar Super V8