Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo Excellent Condition!

Old 12-31-2017, 07:55 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Default 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo Excellent Condition!

Year: 1986
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Cont. Porsche Models: 944 Turbo
Mileage (numbers only please): 72233
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Red
VIN: WP0AA0953GM153579
Price (no $ sign please): $29000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Greetings:

I secured a PTS allotment for a GT3 and with 3 cars more than space my beloved 951 drew the short straw. I want to believe that my cars sell because I am that owner. Search my history, I sold a 987 Spyder this past summer here on the board and the new owner is also a member. It was a 1 hour transaction after he saw how I cared for the car. The 951 has received 6 years of my attention and tens of thousands of my dollars. This listing will be "developed" over a short period of time to give any potential buyer a clear view to what I have done with the car and how it has arrived where it is today. I informed the Facebook 951 group with my plans to sell the car yesterday and another member of this boards 951 group whom I respect greatly and who has 10 times more into his 951's than I called mine one of the best in the United States, high praise that made me quite happy.

I am the 3rd owner, I got the car with 68k miles. The person I bought it from had the car 9 years. He bought it from the original owner ( obviously) after a 1 year search. I paid 14,000 dollars.

While the car was in transit it to me I bought about 3,000 dollars of my first mods and had forwarned my Porsche shop I had it incoming. After I got the car TruSpeed took it from me and I proceeded to learn terms like deferred maintenance and the joy of 951 ownership if you do not continually invest in the car. Let's understand one thing, Rusty ( owner Number 2) and myself have never been stranded by the car but I am the person that will not tolerate leaks or possible problem areas. With that intent, I proceeded to spend about 10k dollars going through the entire car the first time. In addition, I probably became the 944's part suppliers best customer as I ordered it seems enough to build another car instead of refreshing one. I got bit by the proverbial " while you're in there" Clutch led to leaks which eventually led replacing every gasket, seal, hose, belt sensor. While things were apart we sent things to powder coaters, I, in my free time came and cleaned everything under the wheel wheels and engine. New rotors ( drilled) were installed, new shocks, the Lindsey Racing MO30 suspension, steel fuel lines and brake lines. Later a LR chip replaced the antiquated Authority chip. A new LR wastegate, upgraded Stage 2 intercooler and upgraded fueling. A new Bosch Battery with a cover installed. A new starter, alternator and coolant tank. The venturi delete and all new LR hose kit was installed.

After this was done of course the AC ( converted) decided not to play anymore.....2,000 dollars later it worked after replacing about everything including the NLA new dash switch. A new windshield because, well I wanted too. The paint was color corrected twice. It is all original except for the drivers fender because there was a flaw I knew of and it just bugged me to no end, so I had it fixed. All LED bulbs in the rear and new LED headlights. The Phone Dials I had refinished and new RE-11's are on them ( about 1k miles on this set up) Windows were tinted. The NACA ducts on the drivers headlight cover is custom made from steel ( we used the horrible LR fiberglass one as an idea) as at one point I thought about a more serious tune and the intake would benefit...I kept it because I paid a lot and I like the look. I bought a new Saratoga top which is included as well as a OEM Porsche outdoor cover. New stone guards were applied and clear lens covers installed and a OEM Turbo script on the fender.

So once all the mechanicals were looked after ( BTW I did the water pump, belt and tensioner 2x because of time of ownership certainly not miles) I turned my attention to the interior. I bought the 959 Exclusive steering wheel with red stitching, a new shifter ( with the full short shift linkage front and back installed) new boot and turbo emblem. The parking brake got a new leather boot and button. Turbo doorsills from Rennline as well as their pedals and Fire extinguisher and bracket. A new arm rest was wrapped in leather. The gauges were polished and new lighting installed to return the full brightness of guage cluster. The odometer was serviced ( preventative ) with new hardware.All new seals were installed around tail lights and windows. The dash is crack free! I have a dash cover and fitted window shade to keep it that way when I leave the garage. Rennline black metal trim installed around power portion of drivers seat. The seats are in excellent condition and original. The backs are mint.

The next stop was the stereo shop. A double DIN Pioneer AVIC HU was installed with everything, BT, Apple Car Play etc. A Alpine amp powers everything but the center piece was the speakers, how they were installed and how they look. It looks OEM, sounds amazing and to this day people ask why they never saw this in another 944. When you see the pictures you will understand. It was not cheap but I did not mind writing that check. A top of the line alarm and removable subwoofer completed the infotainment.

Everything works. I would have no issue driving this to NY and back and back again. I wrote enough checks to make that statement a reality. The blue plates stay with me. I have Fuchs but they are extra but I will include a picture of them installed. I am sure I am forgetting things in this first pass so I will be adding to this and in the body of the thread with pictures.

I have a Porsche COA, I have a 2 inch high sorted binder of receipts. I have the 1" folder of receipts from the previous owner.

My price is based not on what I spent as it would be abot 17k more. But what a friend who buys and sells these cars weekly told me to ask and what I feel comfortable with selling it for. I have some time but would not be opposed to a quick sale and will entertain offers that are reasonable. Obviously PPI's are welcome and the car can be seen upon appointment here in Orange County.

Thanks for reading this and looking at my car.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:01 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

More pictures
Old 12-31-2017, 08:03 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

More pictures
Old 12-31-2017, 08:05 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

yet more
Old 12-31-2017, 08:07 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

More

Old 12-31-2017, 09:32 PM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Beautiful car, nice work! I love the 959 wheel...perfect. GLWS.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:41 PM
OhioMatt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow....that's a GORGEOUS 951! The next owner will be super happy!

Trending Topics

Old 01-02-2018, 02:25 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Good morning & Happy New Year.

I have been asked about offers, of course! is my answer. I have also been asked for some other pictures and I will upload sometime today.

I know the pricing may seem cheeky as they say but there were two on BAT recently that sold in the 30's and I know this car competes very well against those two 951's. There is absolutely no service that needs to be done in the next 2-3 years outside of regular wear items and oil changes. But with new everything that seemed to last a couple of decades I have bore most of the expenses.

Yes, those are new black coco mats in answering a question sent to me ( good eye)

Thanks
Old 01-03-2018, 05:19 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

More Pictures.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:22 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Old 01-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Vmotion
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful!
I am very curious about the Sound System. Could you PM me when you have a minute.
Your car is very inspiring and tastefully presented.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:36 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vmotion
Beautiful!
I am very curious about the Sound System. Could you PM me when you have a minute.
Your car is very inspiring and tastefully presented.
Thank you. Feel free to post any questions here, glad to help if I can. I only say this as I have gotten a lot of " hey , can you tell me how you did this?" Better to do it once.

I know this is a soft week as people are still on vacation mode, this is an open question and my feelings will not be hurt, what do people think of my asking price? Do I think it's worth it? well when I add up my receipts and subtract 14k yeah. But the market dictates. Which looking at some that have sold on BAT in conditions worse than mine but to be fair perhaps in a color OTHER than Guards Red. Selling cars is such a crapshoot, in particular as you have modded it to your taste. Thanks for any input. Now if any of you say 10k I will be mad lol.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:47 PM
Vmotion
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel since I own a red 89' 944 Turbo, I will be very bias with the pricing. With that being said. I like the price when compared to what I have seen in the market.

My question to you is, May I get the specs on the speakers and Amp? I like the professionalism of the install. How did you get Porsche labels on the speaker as well?
Old 01-05-2018, 03:00 PM
ForceReconTrojan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vmotion
I feel since I own a red 89' 944 Turbo, I will be very bias with the pricing. With that being said. I like the price when compared to what I have seen in the market.

My question to you is, May I get the specs on the speakers and Amp? I like the professionalism of the install. How did you get Porsche labels on the speaker as well?

Thanks for the kind words. Probably not the best week to list it but we shall see.

Now, the stereo. My goal was to emulate the 993's door speaker set up. those were custom made fiberglass panels, covered in Porsche OEM vinyl. While I admit the "look" was my first priority the surprise was how shockingly good this stereo sounds with the speakers. I have Burmester in my Macan GTS, I have B&O in another car and yet a full on DynAudio withthe full monty and cannot explain it but even XM radio sounds good/awesome.

Which reminds me...this car has FREE XM radio for life installed. probably should redo the ad as I have remembered a bunch of other mods I have done not mentioned. Oh, you asked about the emblems in the grills, I did not want the AR ones, so I used some Porsche crests I had bought while in Germany in their place, really tiny.

Thanks again.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:21 PM
C4911
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

New owner will be a lucky guy/girl. Looks like no small detail spared. Awesome job, GLWS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1986 Porsche 944 Turbo Excellent Condition!