Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2005 Ferrari F430

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 04:46 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 108 Posts
Default 2005 Ferrari F430

Year: 2005
Make: Ferrari
Model: F430
Mileage (numbers only please): 32,700
Color: Rossa Corsa
VIN: ZFFEW58A350143418
Price (no $ sign please): $102,300
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: F1
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

As sad is it will be to see it go I am putting my beautiful F430 for sale. The reason for the sale is I don't like being limited on when I can drive the car and it's too quick on the public roads for me to fully enjoy it.

Asking: 102,300
Miles 32,700

Specs:
Rossa Corsa (flawless paint)
-only downside is a small nick on the rear hatch lid that I accidentally did.

Tan interior with black dash
-interior I would say is an 8/10 with some small bolster wear on the drivers side everything else is spot on.
Upgraded factory audio
Red tach
Shields
Powered Daytona's

Comes with tool kit, books, one key, and battery tender.

Upgrades:
Prior owner installed an OEM Scuderia bumper w/ the dark grey Scuderia stripes

Factory wheels painted a dark satin gray

Replaced MK1 headers with top speed headers fully wrapped in titanium wrap. The sound is absolutely intoxicating and if the stock exhaust valves remain plugged in and under light throttle she is very quite. No CEL whatsoever

Sony head-unit upgrade still have factory radio in box.

Recent Maintenance:
-Full break flush
-Spark plugs replaced
-motor mounts replaced
-Driver side cylinder head gasket replaced
was a very minor leak and my shop said it wasn't even necessary to fix.
-MK1 header swapped to top speed
Clutch and throw out bearing was replaced by the prior owner about 2.5 years ago. I have personally put a little over 4,000 miles on the car during my ownership.
-Front brakes replaced
-Brand new Michelin Super Sport AS/3 tires in 2016
-Oil changed scheduled for January

The car has a clean car fax. The bumper was replaced to the scud bumper due to the prior owner cracking the original front bumper in a parking lot. Was told he hit the curb to hard when parking.

I have had absolutely 0 problems with this car during my ownership. I was actually surprised at how reliable and trouble free the car has been after all the horror stories I used to read. I am always meticulous in how I drove the car I never take the car above 4,000 rpm until the oil temps are in operating range and rarely use reverse gear. To my knowledge this car was never tracked and I haven't seen any signs that it was.

Downsides:
1. Small Knick in paint on rear hatch as mentioned above.

2. Gear indicator on dash seems dim and overlays a little bit . It's the only F430 I have driven so not sure this is normal or not.

3. Small portion of cylinder head paint is peeling. It's the small recess in between the two intakes about 3" above the Ferrari symbol.

Pictures located here (https://www.flickr.com/gp/141853543@N03/y5gU13)

More pictures incoming!

Last edited by CarAholic; 12-25-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:37 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2017, 01:55 PM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Looks nice. 430's are incredible cars. It would be beneficial to a potential buyer to know when its last major service was done and how much clutch wear. Those two things are critical when considering a used Ferrari. And before someone comments..........430's have timing chains not belts....so no timing belt replacement.
GLWS.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:32 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

430s don't have any major services like the 360. But the 30,000 mile service was done which included the spark plugs and break flush. Only other part that would of been serviced is the accessory belt but the dealer said it looked perfectly fine and didn't require a replacement. Will have to get remaining clutch life but it should be high as the clutch was replaced two years ago. If anyone has any questions just let me know.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:02 PM
David993S
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
430s don't have any major services like the 360. But the 30,000 mile service was done which included the spark plugs and break flush. Only other part that would of been serviced is the accessory belt but the dealer said it looked perfectly fine and didn't require a replacement. Will have to get remaining clutch life but it should be high as the clutch was replaced two years ago. If anyone has any questions just let me know.
Actually, they do. You don't have to replace timing belts like on the 360, but they still have the timing chain tensioners, which is the real main reason for replacing timing belts or chains. So a full service is more than just spark plugs and a brake flush. A coolant flush is critical; F1 system fluid flush; etc. I've seen F1 clutch discs with 40,000 miles on them, and I've seen clutch discs worn out at 3,000 miles.....depends on how it was driven.
Regardless, it's a beautiful 430. Having owned Ferraris for 30 years, I'm just trying to give you a heads-up on what a knowledgeable potential buyer will want to know.
GLWS.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:25 PM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

I appreciate the response but the chain tensioners are not a regular maintenance item on the 430. Per Ferrari's owners manual they don't even inspect them till the 43,000 mile mark. The 30,000 mile service per Ferrari's Maintenance schedule are spark plugs, accessory belt, and flush. I agree on the fluid flushes and they were done prior to my ownership. I planned on another F1 fluid flush next year if it was still in my ownership. These cars do require maintenance but they are not much different from Porsche maintenance (post 360). They aren't the ticking time bomb a everyone makes them out to be.
Old 12-25-2017, 06:48 PM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

F430's are awesome cars, I daily drove one, rain or shine for 3 years. It never left me stranded. Best of luck with the sale!

Quick Reply: 2005 Ferrari F430