Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

SOLD - 2007 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 06:27 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default SOLD - 2007 997 GT3

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 34160
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: White
VIN: WP0AC29967S792632
Price (no $ sign please): $60000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): South
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

*** SOLD ***

I have owned this car since the summer of 2009. Purchased it from a friend and fellow PCA instructor at 5,800 miles. Carfax says that he was the 2nd owner, but this is not correct (something to do with transferring between dealerships so he could buy it I guess). So I’m basically the 2nd owner, from 5,800 miles up to 34,160 miles. The car was always serviced at Porsche of Plano (formerly Boardwalk Porsche).

I have driven in roughly 5 – 6 DE’s each year over the 8 year period. Not a single mechanical problem with the exception of 1 cat going bad in 2015. Nothing else since. I ran a DME report a few years ago – zero overrevs across the range. Since I have not changed my driving style since then, I suspect that it still has zero overrevs, but I will get another DME report posted soon. My dealer mechanic (and club racer) also tells me that from the looks of my brake pad wear at each change, he can tell that I’m very smooth on the brakes. Mechanically, this car is rock solid and has been driven with in a way that has not beaten it up.

I also meticulously tape the car with helicopter tape before every DE. Clay and wax several times each ear. The exterior condition of the paint is excellent. I get many comments that the car looks brand new.

The car was involved in 1 accident in the summer of 2016. Damage to the front bumper, radiators, and 1 fog lamp. Hood and quarter panels were untouched. Unfortunately the airbags deployed, so it has a new interior dash and windshield. All repairs were completed at a certified Porsche body shop, under insurance, so no corners were cut and all OEM parts used. I have driven the car another 4,000 miles since then, including 7 DE’s. The car still looks and drives like new.

The car is stock with no modifications except for the following:

GT2 Carbon Fiber buckets
GMG Harness Bar
Coolant Pipes pinned
Guards LSD rebuild
Factory 19” rims powder coated white

I have all records, both keys, manuals, etc. Title is clear and in my name.

Issues to be aware of: There’s a rock chip/scratch on the hood (see pic). The plastic cover on the driver’s side seatbelt anchor has fallen off. I understand that you can’t just snap it back on, and that you have to disassemble the anchor and snap it back on while off the anchor. The pull loop on the driver’s side bucket has torn off. This is what releases the seat for folding forward, so right now you can slide the seat back and forth but you can’t fold it forwards. Hasn’t bothered me, since you can’t fold the seat forward without hitting the headliner anyway for most of the seat’s backward/forward range of motion.

So… an outstanding car with awesome mechanicals and exterior condition, but tracked (albeit by a competent driver) and repaired to like new from an admittedly hard head on collision. A car that would otherwise fetch in the 80's in a snap, I’m offering for 60K firm due to the accident in 2016 and the consistent track use. Time to find a new challenge. After 8 years of off-the-charts rewarding ownership, I simply can’t drive this car any better. I know every inch of this car and how it handles in almost every condition on multiple tracks, and am no longer learning anything new from it.

I won’t leave this up for sale for long, and will eventually trade it if it doesn’t move on RL. The prior owner wanted to make sure that it was sold to a driver that would drive it and track it, and now I feel the same way. I’d rather offer it here at dealer trade-in value with all the cards on the table than allow some poor schmuck from who knows where to pick it up for way more without knowing anything from the person who put the most miles on it.

One other interesting part of the history: see the pic of the underside of the hood. That’s Patrick Long’s sig. He drove the car at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, Tx, while I took notes from the passenger seat. One of the coolest things I’ve ever done. After we were done, I handed him the sharpie and he obliged.

Last edited by ervtx; 11-20-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 11-19-2017, 07:38 PM
Chen
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in your car. What's the best way I can get in contact with you and discuss more about the car. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:50 PM
AlvinHuyN
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow this is so tempting....
Old 11-19-2017, 07:56 PM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chen
I'm interested in your car. What's the best way I can get in contact with you and discuss more about the car. Thanks!
First post on Rennlist???
Send me a private message with your name and phone number.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:11 PM
Haiduc
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interested in a trade for a 2017 BMW M2 ZL9 Performance Edition DCT with 6200 miles?
Old 11-19-2017, 08:29 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally titled in MT- seems like it should come back home

Phil
Old 11-19-2017, 08:51 PM
AP3X_FTW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A few questions for your sir.

Did the accident occur on track, or on the street?
In light of the accident, what is status of the title? Rebuilt, salvaged or clean?
Do you have photo's of the damage before the car was fixed?

Thank you.
Old 11-19-2017, 09:18 PM
camdon
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AP3X_FTW
A few questions for your sir.

Did the accident occur on track, or on the street?
In light of the accident, what is status of the title? Rebuilt, salvaged or clean?
Do you have photo's of the damage before the car was fixed?

Thank you.
Would like the answers to these also
Old 11-19-2017, 09:37 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

Car appears to have more than a little track work plus

over rev report anyone?
Old 11-19-2017, 11:15 PM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 490 Likes on 288 Posts

wow, cheapest 997 3 I've seen in years
Old 11-20-2017, 01:04 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all of the pm's I've received. If I have replied to you via pm, I will be in touch tomorrow with the updated DME report. Sale is pending.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:25 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! Someone is going to get a heck of a deal.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:35 AM
AC/911's
Banned

Received 94 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ervtx
Thanks for all of the pm's I've received. If I have replied to you via pm, I will be in touch tomorrow with the updated DME report. Sale is pending.
I'm Guessing an Hour or So?, Not seven, Unless Somethin' we don't know?
( I DOUBT IT )....... Great Deal!!!!

Old 11-20-2017, 01:57 AM
ONALL4S
AutoX

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, what a beauty! I'd throw my name in line (just for chance's sake) if I were able to PM. Hope to see this thing stay here in DFW.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:23 AM
Chen
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn’t PM since I’m new to RL. I can be reached at chenhuang515@gmail.com if the car is still available. Thanks!

Quick Reply: SOLD - 2007 997 GT3