Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

For Sale: 2016 981 Spyder Agate Gray w/LWBS, Xpel Ultimate + OptiCoat Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 03:24 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 0
Mileage (numbers only please): 6900
Color: Agate Gray
VIN: WP0CC2A81GS152730
Price (no $ sign please): $102000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SouthEast
Body Style: Cabriolet
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Good to know! Thanks for the help. Hopefully this will be the last time I sell a Porsche. ;-)
Old 11-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by ryskt
Thanks! It really is a stunning car, and the Agate Gray paint has so much depth to it depending on lighting conditions. At night, it almost looks like a shadow, or stealth fighter. Reminds me of the Batmobile in some ways.

Ultimately, I would love to keep it... if the interior had more color variation. I looked into customizing with Ascot Brown leather (from the Carrera GT), but the price for doing a well-done custom job was just too much.

Enjoy your car! Post pics if you have some.
Yeah, the color is awesome. My wife's not really into my car habit at all, could care less, but the first time I drove this car into the garage she was slack jawed. She thought the color was stunning. Same with my son. Personally, I love the interior as is, but I'm the low key type and I like things really stealth, with just a hint of contrast.

Mine was a dealer mile car with a slightly higher MSRP than yours but I had to pay more than your ask to pry it out of the guys hands. Worth every penny and I'll never sell it. I was concerned about buying a car with LWBs, but after having them, I'd never spec a Porsche without them.

This is mine. Almost a perfect twin of yours.
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2017, 03:33 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Wow! They do look exactly alike. Congrats on the great find. It's getting harder and harder to find low-mileage Spyders. I'm sure you'll never regret paying the extra to snag the one you wanted. And, I agree on the seats. They take a bit of strategy to get into, but once you're installed you never think about them again as they keep you firmly planted in the twisties.

Now I want to go for a drive; too bad it's only 40 degrees here in Virginia today.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:30 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

GLWS!!!!
Old 11-27-2017, 10:44 AM
ryskt
Advanced

Hi all, I was out of town (in Cuba!!) for two weeks. If you tried to contact me, please try again.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:55 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Still tucked safely away in my garage, waiting for her new owner. Is it you?
Old 12-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Very surprised this car has not sold. Drove mine on Sunday for the first time in a couple of weeks and I just could not imagine not owning this amazing car. And this color combination is just stunning in person.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:26 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Seems to be a slow period in Spyder (possible all high-end car) sales, at the moment. Likely due to the holidays and hemorrhaging of cash that usually goes along with mandatory holiday cheer; but also possibly people holding out to see what the 982 Spyder will have in the engine bay? I've seen spy shots of the new car, and even if it has the 4.0l engine... it still has the 718 pinched styling. Not to mention, it'll probably cost $$$ more than the 981 did.

I'm patient.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:34 AM
ryskt
Advanced

Lots of interest, no bites yet. She's tucked safely away in my garage for now, taunting me every time I take out the trash.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:33 AM
ryskt
Advanced

Weekend bump!
Old 02-23-2018, 12:26 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Price dropped to $102,000 (obo)
Old 02-23-2018, 01:57 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Beautiful! GLWS!
Old 02-23-2018, 02:06 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Thank you!

Originally Posted by hf1
Beautiful! GLWS!
Old 02-23-2018, 04:20 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 357 Posts

@ryskt: I would also consider recovering the interior to the color of your choice at a high end interior trim shop. We have a few here in Miami that specialize in supercars from Porsches to Lambo, Ferrari and Rolls, Not sure if there is such a shop in your area but it might be worth considering as it is tough to find another fine spyder car such as yours, especially with the seat option. Softside Trim is one of them here in Miami, they quoted me $9K for turning my 993 4S's interior into the color of my choice with Porsche quality leather trim and personal engraving, crest on headrests, handbrake, shifter boot etc. You have 2 less seats so might be lighter $$. GLWS.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:24 PM
ryskt
Advanced

Hi there, thanks for the feedback!

I actually did look into that, but in the end the price was prohibitive when considering shipping and not having the car available to me for a few weeks to months. I bought a GT Silver Spyder with the classic interior and bucket seats as a replacement, and decided to sell the Gray one.

Originally Posted by JAB12
@ryskt: I would also consider recovering the interior to the color of your choice at a high end interior trim shop. We have a few here in Miami that specialize in supercars from Porsches to Lambo, Ferrari and Rolls, Not sure if there is such a shop in your area but it might be worth considering as it is tough to find another fine spyder car such as yours, especially with the seat option. Softside Trim is one of them here in Miami, they quoted me $9K for turning my 993 4S's interior into the color of my choice with Porsche quality leather trim and personal engraving, crest on headrests, handbrake, shifter boot etc. You have 2 less seats so might be lighter $$. GLWS.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 2016 981 Spyder Agate Gray w/LWBS, Xpel Ultimate + OptiCoat Pro