Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Vehicle Marketplace - Old (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old-218/)
-   -   1997 993 TT Speed Yellow (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old/656076-1997-993-tt-speed-yellow.html)

JEI-Porsche 09-21-2011 02:55 PM

SOLD: 1997 993 TT Speed Yellow

4 Attachment(s)
For sale is a 1997 Porsche 993 Turbo in Speed Yellow with a black full leather interior. Delivery options include racing style seats with electrical height adjustment, Porsche crest in head restraint, deletion or rear wiper, sunroof, AM/FM radio with CD player & cruise Control.

Car comes complete with manuals, spare tire, oem warranty cards, tool kit, all oem keys, folder of all service receipts, Porsche COA, all removed parts (see them mentioned below).

This turbo has 48600 FULLY DOCUMENTED miles on the odometer and comes with a folder of all invoices with work done. It’s been extremely well taken care of at Pioneer Porsche here in San Diego. Some of the work includes a yearly documented service (& brake flush every 2yrs) throughout it’s life and new turbos in (2002, 33k), new belts & front rotors (2007, 39k), new oem windshield (2008, 43k), new rear seal & selector fork (2009, 45k). I am the third owner.

This 993 Turbo has a non-modified engine, oem radio/CD, and is all stock except for: a cargraphic exhaust with oem oval exhaust tips (sounds great without any droning, kept stock exhaust), oem Europen height suspension kit with front shock tower support bar, 996 Steering wheel with full leather airbag (kept original wheel), powder coated wheels, oem Porsche yellow seat belts (kept black belts), white blinkers & TurboS air intakes instead of front bumperets, Eibach 15mm Spacers.

Although the car has a clean carfax the car has had some paint & body work done: the previous owner disclosed that he had the front bumper replaced after someone scraped it in a parking lot. During my ownership in early 2009 it was hit while sitting in a parking spot at my coffee shop by a parking car. I replaced the complete rear bumper (oem part) and the rear passenger fender had to be worked on. I had the car repainted and also added a spray-on 3m clear-bra to protect it from stone chips. When it was painted all seals, lights, any plastic was removed to assure it looks perfect.

This is one of many Porsches I own and I am selling it because I don’t get to drive it. My philosophy is I only keep what I drive. I recently acquired a taste for 356’s and those are filling my garage rapidly.

This 993 is perfect and needs NOTHING. It was pampered and garaged in a AC controlled environment. My dealer knows this car in&out and for someone seriously interested I can put you in touch with the Porsche technician who maintained it the last few years. Undercarriage, clutch, transmission, etc. is all super clean with little wear as it was recently inspected when we replaced the selector fork.

The car is in storage right now and I still need to take more pictures. I will add a link with more later.

No HTwo O 09-21-2011 05:09 PM

Very nice. Good honest disclosure.

Looks like it's mating with the Green GT3. Little ones will be coming soon!:)

What is the "new real seal and selector fork"? Thanks.

GLWS.

Axeman 09-21-2011 05:23 PM

Beautiful 993TT and beautiful collection you have. GLWS!

JEI-Porsche 09-21-2011 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by No HTwo O (Post 8885971)
Very nice. Good honest disclosure.

Looks like it's mating with the Green GT3. Little ones will be coming soon!:)

What is the "new real seal and selector fork"? Thanks.

GLWS.

If they were mating they'd have the best looking babies in the world:)

So I am not tech savvy but I will try to explain the seal & selector fork (anyone knowing better feel free to chip in): The gear was stuck in first gear so they had to open up the transmission and it turned out the selector fork (a metal part looking like a fork;) broke. They changed it, inspected transmission if it needed anything as well as clutch but everything looked perfect. Taking everything apart was super labor intensive so we tried to address anything that may need repair in the future while things were easily accessible. So they changed all oil seals as well as "crankshaft seal as a counter measure during transmission repair". That is what the Porsche invoice says. Invoice also states that the clutch is at 70% life remaining. I hope this helps.

Randy M '96 Silver 993 09-21-2011 08:50 PM

What front bumper does the car have? In the "mating with the green gt3" it has a euro bumper with the cooling ducts and the other pics show the us bumper with bumperettes.

Beautiful car. It is the exact one I have always wanted. GLWS.

No HTwo O 09-21-2011 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by JEI-Porsche (Post 8886379)
So I am not tech savvy but I will try to explain the seal & selector fork (anyone knowing better feel free to chip in): The gear was stuck in first gear so they had to open up the transmission and it turned out the selector fork (a metal part looking like a fork;) broke. They changed it, inspected transmission if it needed anything as well as clutch but everything looked perfect. Taking everything apart was super labor intensive so we tried to address anything that may need repair in the future while things were easily accessible. So they changed all oil seals as well as "crankshaft seal as a counter measure during transmission repair". That is what the Porsche invoice says. Invoice also states that the clutch is at 70% life remaining. I hope this helps.

Thank you. Good explanation. I was just wondering if this is a potential wear item to look out for in my car. Since I've never heard of it before.

JEI-Porsche 09-21-2011 11:19 PM

bumper

Originally Posted by Randy M '96 Silver 993 (Post 8886531)
What front bumper does the car have? In the "mating with the green gt3" it has a euro bumper with the cooling ducts and the other pics show the us bumper with bumperettes.

Beautiful car. It is the exact one I have always wanted. GLWS.

It has the euro bumpers now. tx for checking!

JEI-Porsche 09-21-2011 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by No HTwo O (Post 8886544)
Thank you. Good explanation. I was just wondering if this is a potential wear item to look out for in my car. Since I've never heard of it before.

I don't think it's an item that you have to worry about. My tech said he'd never seen it break before and that it must have been a defective part. I am pretty sure Porsche covered the part (which wasn't expensive, the labor was rather expensive;)

DanL993 09-22-2011 08:50 AM

Do you have any info on why the turbos were replaced at 33K? Seems early. Were you the owner then?

No HTwo O 09-22-2011 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DanL993 (Post 8887431)
Do you have any info on why the turbos were replaced at 33K? Seems early.

Dan, it happens. Mine were replaced at about the 26,000 mile mark by the prior Rennlist owner. Over 53,000 miles now. The UMW oil check valves helps this a lot. Plus proper cooling of the turbos, when off boost, and parking. And when I park in the garage, I put this by the rear wheels (about $110 at Grainger):

JEI-Porsche 09-22-2011 02:01 PM

turbos

Originally Posted by DanL993 (Post 8887431)
Do you have any info on why the turbos were replaced at 33K? Seems early. Were you the owner then?

I wasn't the owner then so I honestly don't know. Since it's been mine, I never drive it hard before it's parked and let the engine run for a min before I turn it off so the turbos can stop spinning (or that is what I imagine;). I also properly warm up the engine for at least 10min driving before using too much boost.

JEI-Porsche 09-24-2011 01:39 AM

Promised Pictures

5 Attachment(s)
Please see all of them at the link below:

http://gallery.me.com/ineichenjoerg#100242

justin993 09-24-2011 08:28 AM

That thing is perfect -
I'll trade you my 993, Subaru, a 1984 944 (needs some work), 1988 ford f-superduty dump truck, and throw in the wife's toyota.

NYCPorscheCollector 09-24-2011 01:52 PM

WOW Gorgeous 993TT LOVE Speed yellow and love the two speedsters!!!

Zuffenhausen1 10-03-2012 12:26 AM

Beautiful car. Is it still available?