Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Vehicle Marketplace - Old (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old-218/)
-   -   FS: 2010 997.2 GT3RS (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old/1127816-fs-2010-997-2-gt3rs.html)

DealMarker 02-15-2019 02:57 PM

How is this beauty not sold yet?

Mr. Adair 02-15-2019 08:41 PM

I'll try to keep this short. There was a ton of interest in the car and some pretty shady operators out there. Let's leave it at that. Yesterday, I removed the cover, turned on the heat in garage and spent some time with the beast and let's just say we are back together. It's a damn hard car to replace when you really start looking at the choices both older and newer. These long MN winters make a guys mind wander. To all of you that gave the car compliments and said I shouldn't sell thank you. The car is off the market.

Turbo Racer 02-15-2019 08:47 PM

Been following your thread but having one myself, I have to say I would not trade or sell. Love the car through and through. Spring is coming. Enjoy!!

Mr. Adair 02-15-2019 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by gbooth (Post 15641915)
Been following your thread but having one myself, I have to say I would not trade or sell. Love the car through and through. Spring is coming. Enjoy!!

Thanks, I do as well..

DealMarker 02-15-2019 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair (Post 15641906)
I'll try to keep this short. There was a ton of interest in the car and some pretty shady operators out there. Let's leave it at that. Yesterday, I removed the cover, turned on the heat in garage and spent some time with the beast and let's just say we are back together. It's a damn hard car to replace when you really start looking at the choices both older and newer. These long MN winters make a guys mind wander. To all of you that gave the car compliments and said I shouldn't sell thank you. The car is off the market.

I think you made a great decision, enjoy the car.

tasman 02-15-2019 09:54 PM

I have and had 991 GT3 (no RS). Have driven both generations of 991 RS. Awesome cars but I will never part with my 997 RS. Ymmv

Glad to hear you are keeping her.

:rockon: :jumper:

Mr. Adair 02-15-2019 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by tasman (Post 15642017)
I have and had 991 GT3 (no RS). Have driven both generations of 991 RS. Awesome cars but I will never part with my 997 RS. Ymmv

Glad to hear you are keeping her.

:rockon: :jumper:

Thanks Tasman...

-eztrader- 02-16-2019 03:04 AM

Yep - went through that while selling my Touring. No fun

Igooz 02-17-2019 03:21 PM

The car is off the market.

congratulations... good call! :thumbup:

But it is not so easy as you know! Cars have feelings and you have some making up to do now to rebuild the relationship. So I would say jewelry or spa or new shoes are in order!
:)

mooty 02-17-2019 08:02 PM

I'll try to keep this short. There was a ton of interest in the car and some pretty shady operators out there. Let's leave it at that.

lol I could have told you that.
I have dealt seen with many...

Yesterday, I removed the cover, turned on the heat in garage and spent some time with the beast and let's just say we are back together. It's a damn hard car to replace when you really start looking at the choices both older and newer. These long MN winters make a guys mind wander. To all of you that gave the car compliments and said I shouldn't sell thank you. The car is off the market.

go buy another Rolex that will keep you busy and forgot selling RS

Mr. Adair 02-17-2019 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Igooz (Post 15645074)

congratulations... good call! :thumbup:

But it is not so easy as you know! Cars have feelings and you have some making up to do now to rebuild the relationship. So I would say jewelry or spa or new shoes are in order!
:)

Thanks Igooz, she’s at the Spa right now as a matter of fact. You’d think a guy would know better :)

Mr. Adair 02-17-2019 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 15645606)

Thanks Mooty 👍

Mr. Adair 02-17-2019 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 15645606)

Lol, Thanks Mooty 🤙

awew911 02-19-2019 09:15 AM

This is exactly what happened with my 997.1 GT3 RS. Almost sold it... until my son made me realize that once it's gone, it's gone. Unless you need the $$ or storage space, keeping it and driving it when you get a chance is the answer. :thumbup:

Mr. Adair 02-19-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by awew911 (Post 15649053)
This is exactly what happened with my 997.1 GT3 RS. Almost sold it... until my son made me realize that once it's gone, it's gone. Unless you need the $$ or storage space, keeping it and driving it when you get a chance is the answer. :thumbup:

Thanks, I don’t need either. If only I could be a two car guy! Unfortunately I’m not. I think it’s something all of us 1 car guys go through.