Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Vehicle Marketplace - Old (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old-218/)
-   -   Porsche Boxster S for sale in Las Vegas (https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-marketplace-old/1005823-porsche-boxster-s-for-sale-in-las-vegas.html)

Isrrael 08-08-2017 05:00 PM

Porsche Boxster S for sale in Las Vegas

9 Attachment(s)
For sale: 987 Boxster S.
3 owner car
$16,000

Odometer: 63,113

Outside
- Guards Red
- Manual 6 Speed
- 7MM Spacers give the car a wider stance
- Porsche stability management (PSM)
- Traction control (ASR)
- 18" Porsche Cayman S Wheels
- 3.2 L Flat Six - Mid engine
- Front and Rear Trunks
- Adjustable Ride Height Coilers (ST Suspension made by KW in Germany)
- City (MPG) : 19
- Hwy (MPG) : 27
- 2k miles on new Sumitomo All Season tires.
- Mobil 1 Synthetic oil.
- Conservative oil change schedule (5k mile interval instead of 10k)
- New brake pads and sensors
- Canvas convertible top in excellent shape
- Glass rear window with defroster.
- Updated convertible top components.

Inside
- Black leather interior
- Updated sport pedals and dead pedal
- Power seats with user memory settings
- Two stage heated seats (nice on a chilly days with the top down)
- Self dimming rear view mirrors
- Bose Sound System
- 6 Disc CD Changer
- Homelink System (Integrated Garage door opener)
- Upgraded Sport Steering Wheel
- Driver and passenger front airbags
- Door mounted side-impact airbags

Included with sale:
- Original Porsche struts and springs.

Negatives:
Normal wear on driver side seat bolster. Passenger side is perfect.
Paint chips in front from highway use.
A/C knobs have common wear.
2 A/C vents only adjust sideways and not up and down. Replacements units on eBay sell for $40.

Enthusiast owned and loved.
No known mechanical problems.
Clean Carfax.

Private seller no sales tax in Nevada.
Clean title.

Carmen214 08-23-2017 03:18 PM

Is your car still available? Has the IMS bearing been replaced? Do you have service records for the car?
Thanks,
Bob

producerjohn 08-24-2017 01:51 AM

I have seen and driven this car and it's in excellent condition with an owner that takes care of it.

Isrrael 08-28-2017 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Carmen214 (Post 14425029)
Is your car still available? Has the IMS bearing been replaced? Do you have service records for the car?
Thanks,
Bob

Car is still available.

Original IMS. I personally change and inspect the oil and filter for metal shavings every 3000 miles. Always Mobil1.

I have owned this car for roughly a year. No major maintenance has been done on my watch. VERY conservative oil change schedule (every 3000 miles). I have records from before.

Excuse the late response.

hlee96 09-04-2017 08:58 AM

How much is it to replace the IMS as a preventive repair on this car? Important in allowing me to make an informed offer. thanks-Hoi

PorscheStrong 09-04-2017 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by hlee96 (Post 14454400)
How much is it to replace the IMS as a preventive repair on this car? Important in allowing me to make an informed offer. thanks-Hoi

Odd question to pose to seller. If you're interested, why wouldn't you do your own homework? Wouldn't you want to hear for yourself?

Call Dougherty Auto in West Chester -- very qualified Porsche experts and close to you (and me). Another convenient name could be Performance Auto in Malvern.

For my 996 C4, shops recommended doing the RMS and AOS at the same time (limited incremental cost once you're in there).

hlee96 09-04-2017 01:59 PM

Sorry for asking the question, being a longtime Boxster admirer but not much knowledge in Boxster maintenance, at least not as much as 928 stuff.

Thanks for being patient to all those who felt I wasted your time in posting an innocent question, bc I did follow up with the question with homework but I also found out that the '05 may require not just transmission out but also engine out (no way to know until one is committed to changing it), and I predict the costs can be as little as $3500 (clutch, IMS, with only transmission out replacement) to much more with engine out replacement (which I am not familiar with).

Was hoping Boxster experts here on Rennlist would help in answering a simple question.

-Hoi

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong (Post 14454607)
Odd question to pose to seller. If you're interested, why wouldn't you do your own homework? Wouldn't you want to hear for yourself?

Call Dougherty Auto in West Chester -- very qualified Porsche experts and close to you (and me). Another convenient name could be Performance Auto in Malvern.

For my 996 C4, shops recommended doing the RMS and AOS at the same time (limited incremental cost once you're in there).

PorscheStrong 09-04-2017 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by hlee96 (Post 14454792)
Sorry for asking the question, being a longtime Boxster admirer but not much knowledge in Boxster maintenance, at least not as much as 928 stuff.

Thanks for being patient to all those who felt I wasted your time in posting an innocent question, bc I did follow up with the question with homework but I also found out that the '05 may require not just transmission out but also engine out (no way to know until one is committed to changing it), and I predict the costs can be as little as $3500 (clutch, IMS, with only transmission out replacement) to much more with engine out replacement (which I am not familiar with).

Was hoping Boxster experts here on Rennlist would help in answering a simple question.

-Hoi

So post in the Boxster forum - great spot for such questions, not OP's sale listing. Not about wasting time, more about poor form, especially if you're actually interested in the car.

OP - car looks really nice, GLWS!

ragabnh 09-06-2017 03:12 PM

I want to see the car, please advise on when it is possible to do so and method of contacting you.

911ren 09-07-2017 02:00 PM

I wish you were in Austin I would have taken it.

baddogz28 09-07-2017 08:41 PM

Nice looking rig, GLWS!!!

TIMSGT 10-03-2017 02:55 PM

Is this car still available? If so, do you have a contact phone/e-mail?

CLKKelley 10-10-2017 09:33 PM

This car is not for sale

Thread posters, I know this car is not for sale because I flew out to Vegas and bought it and drove it home over two glorious days thru Utah (Moab and Arches) and the Rockies.
Since then I have done several mods and over the winter I am going to do the IMS and enjoy a beautiful car for about $20K. I will post pics later this Fall and look forward to more mod learning from all of you knowledgeable folk on these Forums.

911ren 10-10-2017 09:47 PM

You lucky dog.