Enclosed Trailer Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 02:36 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 299 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
utility-trailer.com

they will program to miles currently on trailer , configure to the size of the tire you're using. I drove from my shop to thill and back, I googled miles and it was exactly on the mark + miles I had configured .

pretty awesome for having a maintenance record.
did you need to pick up a "A STEMCO-5"-HUBO-BRACKET part number #STE610-0028" as well?
Old 07-18-2017, 07:07 AM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ngng
thanks for the link

btw, i found the pn for the trans fill plug i mentioned
Thank you !

Originally Posted by ngng
did you need to pick up a "A STEMCO-5"-HUBO-BRACKET part number #STE610-0028" as well?
The hub cap on my aluminum wheel's are held by the lug nuts. therefore i used the hub cap itself(drilled a hole) and made a bracket inside the hub cap w/ stainless steel hardware to hold. Simple.

Check to see if your wheels have a hub cap and see how it's held.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:10 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Slight update.

FE brackets. I do not want to put stuff on the wall of the trailer. Let's see how long i can w/out doing that.

Next up - race ramps...
Attached Images    
Old 12-02-2017, 08:53 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

another update:
I have been pretty busy with the little one for the last few months. Had sometime today while at the shop while waiting for material to arrive for another project.
Stainless steel table top- took measurements to make order for materials needed. I should have this ready after x-mas holidays.
Tool cabinet aligns. Also i replaced the "normal" casters the tool box came with to rotacasters. Anyone who has casters must have these or you're stuck in time.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:58 PM
ngng
Drifting

i've got my toolbox bolted down. might check out these wheels, thanks for the tip
Old 12-11-2017, 09:59 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

^ Np.
I got some labels for my tool box. I used the Porsche font in bold to make them more readable. Not sure if i'm a fan of the bold, may go back to standard Porsche font. That said, labeling worked like a charm. I had a friend come over at the shop this weekend and he asked me "where is X tool", me " read the labels on drawers : )" - he loved it, never asked again

^ Np.
I got some labels for my tool box. I used the Porsche font in bold to make them more readable. Not sure if i'm a fan of the bold, may go back to standard Porsche font. That said, labeling worked like a charm. I had a friend come over at the shop this weekend and he asked me "where is X tool", me " read the labels on drawers : )" - he loved it, never asked again
Old 12-26-2017, 01:39 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Getting closer....Local hardware store closed early Sunday due some silly shenanigans and UPS did not deliver some other goods on time. Let's see if i can finally wrap this up by end of this weekend. The table slides out 60" for plenty accessibility. Rails are rated at 550lbs.

To Do
- e-track on the edge of the table.
- weld mounts that will hold the wheels.
- padding for the frame that will hold wheels (wheels do not get damage)
- locking mechanism for the table.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:09 PM
VID997
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW! That’s super cool! Nice job!

Cheers,
VID
Old 12-27-2017, 02:40 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Thanks D.
i left enough clearance to add an actuator under the table, if i decide to add the actuator later, if i get lazy(or old) to to open and close the table. : )
I need some feedback.
Should i add the Etrack (vertical) the length of the table or across ?
The table is 60" long 36" wide.
The first 40 " will be taken by the wheels. That leaves me 20 inches.
Old 12-28-2017, 02:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

very cool good work
Old 12-30-2017, 10:08 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Originally Posted by mooty
very cool good work
Thanks Mooty.
You can borrow when you need a trailer

Finished everything except the welding. Tomorrow i'll do the welding after i finish cleaning the GT3 under-body. Gt currently on the lift. I got distracted. UPS guy needs a job if he can't deliver goods on time.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:02 PM
FOS373
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=F1CrazyDriver;14644031]another update:
I have been pretty busy with the little one for the last few months. Had sometime today while at the shop while waiting for material to arrive for another project.
Stainless steel table top- took measurements to make order for materials needed. I should have this ready after x-mas holidays.
Tool cabinet aligns. Also i replaced the "normal" casters the tool box came with to rotacasters. Anyone who has casters must have these or you're stuck in time.

Can you edumacate me on those rotacasters..... Looked at their website, but curious how they work in real life? Do they have a locking mechanism? Are you moving the box around quite a bit or is it mostly stationary? May be interested in upgrading the casters (which are basically shot) on my tool cart.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Done!
Detail time to wrap this up.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:04 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

[quote=fosbibr;14704922]
Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
another update:

Can you edumacate me on those rotacasters..... Looked at their website, but curious how they work in real life? Do they have a locking mechanism? Are you moving the box around quite a bit or is it mostly stationary? May be interested in upgrading the casters (which are basically shot) on my tool cart.

Thanks
Here' a video i made for you. 100% rotational movement on all four wheels indepent of each other. When i want to go straight, i go straight as an arrow.
As for locking in place, it stays in place pretty good however no locking mechanism like traditional casters.

Last edited by F1CrazyDriver; 01-07-2018 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:45 AM
ngng
Drifting

[QUOTE=F1CrazyDriver;14714837]
Originally Posted by fosbibr

Here' a video i made for you. 100% rotational movement on all four wheels indepent of each other. When i want to go straight, i go straight as an arrow.
As for locking in place, it stays in place pretty good however no locking mechanism like traditional casters.

https://youtu.be/H-tVJVVLuIg
pretty slick. do the wheels help going over gaps (like the trailer ramp)?

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailer Question