Surround Trailer Camera DIY

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 10:52 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by txhokie4life
Very nice ---

was there a reason that you moved away from this?

A composite video matrix for security cameras. Takes 4 x 480i signals and outputs one 480i signal with each video in it's own slot on screen all at the same time. You can mirror cameras, and choose from a few different layouts. There are a lot of "multiplexer" units out there, but this is the only one that will do 3 channel layouts properly. 12v power. $40
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have that --- but just bought the 5G router.

thanks,

mike
Few reasons - 1) you will need an analog to mpeg encoder anyways, so you are missing one box if you are replacing that all-in-one access point + mpeg encoder unit. and 2) With the 4 channel encoder I have, I can directly encode 4 cameras, and retain full 480i resolution on each when displayed on an iPad. With the matrix, you only have one 480i output, so you lose some detail when trying to combine 4 cameras. 3) You can configure on the fly how you want to see all the streams on the ipad. Double click on one video, and it does full screen. With the matrix you have to go back to the trailer and configure by pressing buttons on the unit.

Quick Reply: Surround Trailer Camera DIY