Notices

E-Track vs. D-Rings

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 01:17 PM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

The one thing I have always wondered about e track and l track installations is... doesn't the track imprint into your slicks?

Charley
Old 01-09-2017, 02:56 PM
ianacole
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pontifex4
I'm using the trailer's factory D-rings at the rear, since they're sure to be strongest and tie-down is simplest that way. I have E-Track set up at the front as shown here, though I have not yet towed with it in this configuration. This is way easier than fishing axle straps through the front wheels, and likely less damaging to my alignment.

The E-Track idlers are the key to making this simple, since they let you put the ratchet somewhere that it's easy to reach.
Nice! Did you secure any of the e-track to the frame? I like the idea of using it up front only. Do you find the raised e-track causes any tripping?
Old 01-09-2017, 06:34 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Originally Posted by ianacole
Nice! Did you secure any of the e-track to the frame? I like the idea of using it up front only. Do you find the raised e-track causes any tripping?
This is screwed into the frame rails, however I am also going to put backing plates on the non-frame fasteners that go through the plywood floor, similar to what is on the factory D-rings. E-trailer sells them on the web for around $4 each, which seemed worth the trouble they would be to make.

This is strapped down at the moment as a proof of concept. It was dead easy, and I don't find the track is tall enough to trip on (yet).
Old 01-09-2017, 07:03 PM
ianacole
Advanced

Thanks!

Quick Reply: E-Track vs. D-Rings