Notices

My Trailer Diary

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Gosh, there sure are a lot of d-rings to choose from! Where is the hose reel? Pics please!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
zip465
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice ramps! Did TPD fabricate or purchase and install for you
Old 03-26-2013, 06:53 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Gorgeous trailers guys. I'm jealous.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by zip465
they look very similar to the pitpal products ramps
Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Boostin
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cory M
they look very similar to the pitpal products ramps
+1 on this. Have the same setup on my TPD. Absolutely love it. No more messing with 2x4s etc to load the car with the splitter attached. Just jack up the front of the trailer with the electric jack while still connected and then drive on up.

24 - looks like your trailer is coming along nicely! Looking forward to seeing pics of it completed.

Montoya - looking great!

So one thing that I don't think has been discussed are generators. What is everyone using? I am currently in the market and was thinking of going with a 4K or 5K watt Honda but now I am seriously considering the EU3000IS that Montoya just got. They run at like 50db compared to the 70db that the 4 / 5K watt Hondas that I was looking at. The big question is, is 3K watt enough? After doing some more research, I think so. It looks like it should be fine powering AC but one thing it probably can't handle is an air compressor. But again, some more research leads me to believe that you need a good size, ie 5K watt+, to effectively run a decent air compressor. Thoughts?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostin
+1 on this. Have the same setup on my TPD. Absolutely love it. No more messing with 2x4s etc to load the car with the splitter attached. Just jack up the front of the trailer with the electric jack while still connected and then drive on up.

24 - looks like your trailer is coming along nicely! Looking forward to seeing pics of it completed.

Montoya - looking great!

So one thing that I don't think has been discussed are generators. What is everyone using? I am currently in the market and was thinking of going with a 4K or 5K watt Honda but now I am seriously considering the EU3000IS that Montoya just got. They run at like 50db compared to the 70db that the 4 / 5K watt Hondas that I was looking at. The big question is, is 3K watt enough? After doing some more research, I think so. It looks like it should be fine powering AC but one thing it probably can't handle is an air compressor. But again, some more research leads me to believe that you need a good size, ie 5K watt+, to effectively run a decent air compressor. Thoughts?
Use bottled gas instead. You know you'll be in a Cup car soon and you'll need the nitrogen to raise the air jacks.

As for myself, and just about everyone I know, the genny of choice is the Honda EU3000is.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:25 AM
zip465
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Montoya - looking great!

The 3K watt Honda is what I put in my TPD. AC works great however be aware if using the Dometic Heat Pump it can cause the generator to shutdown as it cycles thru the defrost cycle. It could just be my unit so I'm curious if others had similar issues. I ran the AC with my air compressor without issue. The compressor is mounted on the same tray as the generator.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:46 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Gosh, there sure are a lot of d-rings to choose from! Where is the hose reel? Pics please!!!
You are just going to have to see it in person! I'm in Chicago and my Trailer is in Oregon! All the D-rings are for the two sets of cross beams designed for holding shifter carts by the original owner. It will come in handy if I use the Snap-Loc dolly for my tires the beams and the D-Rings can help keep everything secure....

Originally Posted by zip465
Came with my trailer, just had TPD install them, but supposedly made by TPD

Montoya - looking great!

I have Nitro bottle, so I don't plan on using an air compressor. Need the generator for lights, latte machine(!), and big screen(!!!). Hey you need the caffeine to get you going and to calm you down after you download your data and watch it on the big screen! Maybe one of the portable LG AC units if ORP is really hot in the summer...

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Use bottled gas instead. You know you'll be in a Cup car soon and you'll need the nitrogen to raise the air jacks.

As for myself, and just about everyone I know, the genny of choice is the Honda EU3000is.
+1
Old 03-28-2013, 01:29 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

nice looking trailer montoya.

i am using the snaploc dolly for wheels and it is very durable and rolls around very well. just ordered another with handle and bought the etrack connector. for now this will be my wheel rack - two dollys connected together and strapped to wall via etrack. what do you mean above about the dolly, the beams and d-rings - don't follow you.

I also use the Honda EU3000is but I do not have AC (yet) tho i am told it should be adequate for that.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:44 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by drl
nice looking trailer montoya.

i am using the snaploc dolly for wheels and it is very durable and rolls around very well. just ordered another with handle and bought the etrack connector. for now this will be my wheel rack - two dollys connected together and strapped to wall via etrack. what do you mean above about the dolly, the beams and d-rings - don't follow you.

I also use the Honda EU3000is but I do not have AC (yet) tho i am told it should be adequate for that.
I have the beams front and rear, so the front beams can be used with d-rings to strap down tire dollies instead of strapping to the wall.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:44 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got a couple snap locs myself - they are awesome
Also have eu3000 Honda but have not used it yet
Old 03-28-2013, 01:58 AM
drl
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
I have the beams front and rear, so the front beams can be used with d-rings to strap down tire dollies instead of strapping to the wall.
gotcha

Originally Posted by PJS996GT3
Just got a couple snap locs myself - they are awesome
Also have eu3000 Honda but have not used it yet
how you liking the new rig? have you used it at the track yet? i just took mine out for the first time and omg what a difference it makes for the track weekend experience
Old 03-28-2013, 02:05 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

All I have done so far is haul it back from CA
GN tows great
Looking forward to using it!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

all very nice
DRL
boosting
Montoya
and Ben Lars vaporware
Old 03-28-2013, 04:55 AM
DC640
Three Wheelin'

I'm jealous now.. I still drive mine to the track. I get tired and my car racks up more miles to go to all the track in socal.

Quick Reply: My Trailer Diary