Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Trucks and Trailers (https://rennlist.com/forums/trucks-and-trailers-239/)
-   -   28' trailer converting from a stacker - thoughts, ideas (https://rennlist.com/forums/trucks-and-trailers/1143759-28-trailer-converting-from-a-stacker-thoughts-ideas.html)

spg993tt 05-19-2019 06:42 AM

28' trailer converting from a stacker - thoughts, ideas

lookin got move from the stacker we've had for a while to a 28' non-stacker. an atc or intech. the 28' will have that L cabinet section up near the nose wall.
anyone have some interior photos of how you arranged the inside, what racks you have on the wall, how you store your tires.
nice thing about the stacker, tons of room. room for the golfcart, tires strapped to the ground.
downside is its monsterous, can only be towed by the coach, not simple.

so willing to go tighter, lighter, small for that functionality but ill need to get the car, the wheels, a 3 x4" pitbox. fuel jugs
im guessing bolting pitpal racks and storage things to the wall has an increased value.
just curious if anyone has photos.
and the 1 or 2 I've thought about have the swing out escape door which im not sure how i feel about.

what love to hear thoughts, ideas, photos.
it will carry a 911, boxster...a Porsche.

RossP 05-22-2019 04:07 PM

In terms of the tires, one solution is to put shoring (spelling?) beams from one side of the trailer to the other. Space them enough to nestle some tires in and you have the full width of the trailer for tires.

spg993tt 05-23-2019 10:02 PM

where are you all mounting your fuel jugs? i have a few of those VP, square 5gallon jugs. they are like 10"x10" x whatever the height.
id love to mount on the passengerfenderwell to save the other floor space but too wide, they overhang the fenderwell several inches.
any other creative places to store fuel without wasting floor space

stujelly 05-24-2019 12:56 AM

what about putting a tire rack on top of your pit box so it is 1 unit?

stujelly 05-24-2019 12:57 AM

do you have a truck to pull the trailer?

What about a gooseneck, then you have all that storage above the tongue for storage

RossP 05-25-2019 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by spg993tt (Post 15861591)
where are you all mounting your fuel jugs? i have a few of those VP, square 5gallon jugs. they are like 10"x10" x whatever the height.
id love to mount on the passengerfenderwell to save the other floor space but too wide, they overhang the fenderwell several inches.
any other creative places to store fuel without wasting floor space

Fuel jugs just mount to the floor along the front or side somewhere. If you put a tire rack on one of the side walls, just put the fuel jug rack underneath that.

SIC 58 06-24-2019 11:27 PM

In a 28’ Intech, fuel jug rack that holds 4 jugs - 2 on top, 2 on bottom, fit easily and about as out of the way as possible about a foot in front of the passenger side wheel well.
i have L-track on the floor (3 rows), and 2 rows on each wall. Cayman fits great and front of car may or may not be as far forward (depending how far forward you put the car) as the rack held in place against the wall with a cargo strap. Regardless there is a few inches between the car and fuel jug rack if you are up alongside it.All I have for cabinets installed is a stand up locker forward on passenger side, and 3 overhead cabinets across the top of the fwd bulkhead. Anything else I put in the trailer- tool boxes, tires, bikes, etc, is tied alongside the walls or on the floor with cargo straps using r
the L-track.