Notices

Your towing experience with 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn Edition Pickup

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Verboden
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

As others have mentioned the size will work, especially for occasional towing. You might want to research what was available as an option from the factory as far as trailer packages when new. It will be an indicator if additional trans/oil cooling might be warranted.
Old 02-23-2019, 09:53 PM
cienegavista
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a 24 foot ATC enclosed loaded with my sp911. I tow with a 2002 Chev Avalanche, new Jasper engine, 235,000 total miles, it's been used as a tow vehicle since new, but open trailer until three years ago.
Anderson sway hitch, tow at 70 mph all day long straight as an arrow. Sure a 3/4 or 1 ton is better and diesel even better but the cost is significantly higher and the utility of the heavy trucks is limited when not towing. I have to admit when another truck or van goes past there is some sway, just have to pay attention.
I would not have any issues towing with the Ram with a hemi, air suspension and short gears, sounds like a nice truck.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:24 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So any update?
Old 02-24-2019, 09:25 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by cienegavista
I have a 24 foot ATC enclosed loaded with my sp911. I tow with a 2002 Chev Avalanche, new Jasper engine, 235,000 total miles, it's been used as a tow vehicle since new, but open trailer until three years ago.
Anderson sway hitch, tow at 70 mph all day long straight as an arrow. Sure a 3/4 or 1 ton is better and diesel even better but the cost is significantly higher and the utility of the heavy trucks is limited when not towing. I have to admit when another truck or van goes past there is some sway, just have to pay attention.
I would not have any issues towing with the Ram with a hemi, air suspension and short gears, sounds like a nice truck.
Thank you for your feedback! I have a special anti-sway thing on the ATC, maybe the same Anderson one you use. Seems to work well if you set it up correctly.

Will check out the truck soon...

https://andersenhitches.com/Images/T...-full-kits.jpg

Quick Reply: Your towing experience with 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Longhorn Edition Pickup