Notices

Futura Trailer

Old 04-17-2019, 04:05 PM
nxfedlt1
Addict
Rennlist Member

I spoke with futura about this issue at PRI, and they told me, there is a longer version of the "supercar" trailer coming out.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:36 PM
ExMB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Another thought. What are you loading into the SUV? Normally anything placed behind the rear axle counts as tongue weight.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:50 PM
VID997
Addict
Rennlist Member

Back of the Escalade “XL” was fully loaded. I had a full set of rains mounted and ready to go. A medium to small tool box load with everything needed to perform emergency paddock service/work, jack stands, a full size “Tirerack” jack floor jack, and 8 boxes full of Team & Club clothing to deliver. Not to mention all the standard overnight/weekend travel goods...food, drink, driving gear, clothing, etc....
Old 04-18-2019, 02:11 AM
n4v4nod
Addict
Rennlist Member

I’m thinking about selling my Tandem Axle Futura trailer. I’ve used it for two trips... car show related. Thought I would use it more than I do, but I don’t.

Old 04-18-2019, 11:30 AM
Jon D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n4v4nod View Post
I’m thinking about selling my Tandem Axle Futura trailer. I’ve used it for two trips... car show related. Thought I would use it more than I do, but I don’t.
PM me with details - model etc. price and location
Old 04-18-2019, 01:27 PM
Martin S.
Rennlister Extraordinaire
Rennlist Member

Default A price would

Be nice. Did you mention where the trailer is located, and the Futura options?
Old 04-18-2019, 03:40 PM
n4v4nod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Trailer is located in Portland, Oregon.

Here are the details from my Purchase Invoice:
  • Tandem Axle Electric Low Loader - Aluminium chassis 100%
  • GVM 7000lb
  • Deck Size 16'5" x 783⁄4“
  • 6005 Aluminium Chassis and Deck
  • 14" 8 ply alloy wheels and tyres
  • Electric winch to raise and lower trailer
  • LED lights
  • Heavy duty jockey wheel
  • 2 x recessed lashing rings at rear of deck
  • 2 x tie point on drawbar
  • Electric brakes to both axles
  • 30AH Gel deep cycle battery
  • Trickle charger which is powered by the tail lights
  • Winch and battery enclosure box
  • Solar panel charger
Options
  • Thermoplastic Stone Guard

Thinking $9000 for price.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:47 PM
ExMB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VID997 View Post
Back of the Escalade “XL” was fully loaded. I had a full set of rains mounted and ready to go. A medium to small tool box load with everything needed to perform emergency paddock service/work, jack stands, a full size “Tirerack” jack floor jack, and 8 boxes full of Team & Club clothing to deliver. Not to mention all the standard overnight/weekend travel goods...food, drink, driving gear, clothing, etc....
Where were the heavy items located? In front or behind the rear axle?
Old 04-18-2019, 09:04 PM
JR1946
Addict
Rennlist Member

JR1946,

The MAC VersaTie Tracks mount to the trailer floor, they have smooth rounded edges, you can just drive right over them. The anchor points/attachments are spring loaded quick release units. You just loosen the ratchet and then release anchors from the track. It’s super quick and efficient. I have some new bits arriving this week. I can post all the details once V2 arrives and has been tested.

My friend has a Supercar trailer for his 991 GT3RS. He has a spare tire, winch, and the larger tire rack. When he pulls on (forward) he is seeing very low tongue weight as well; just a tick over 200lbs using my “new” Weight-safe” receiver/hitch. No tires on the rack and only 3 gallons of fuel in the tank. He ordered a Sherline Trailer Tongue Weight scale today. We hope to test both set-ups (997 & 991, nose first) this weekend if everything arrives in time. He is also going install my MAC set-up on his trailer as well.
VID997,
Thanks for that information! The MAC VersaTie Tracks mounts look great and would be easy to install forward & aft of the wheels on my trailer. Currently, I am thinking of buying a 4 foot long section of "VersaTie Track (series 3)" and cutting it into the 8 mounts I would need. Then I would use the MAC "Double Stud Idler" aft of the wheels and MAC "Double Stud Fitting" forward of the wheels like you have. Will reuse my current Futura straps by adding the MAC "Tire Blocks" with the tire tread lock features. This would only cost about $162 plus my time and some mount hardware.

VID997,
Two items: I do have the spare tire option hanging under the from of the trailer helping the tongue weight. I would agree that the Escalade aft loading would be a handling negative. An alternate tongue weigh measurement method would be a good next step and a stabilizing hitch or upgrading the Escalade rear suspension.
JR1946

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: