Notices

Polishing exterior paint of enclosed Trailex

Old 06-11-2018, 09:11 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Polishing exterior paint of enclosed Trailex

Not looking forward to this chore, but my enclosed Trailex which is factory painted black, needs a polish. I was going to hit with the orbital and some Klasse all-in-one. Anyone have any better ideas?

TIA - ab
Old 06-18-2018, 11:55 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My black trailer needs a new shine also..... following for tips
Old 07-06-2018, 10:52 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

My 2007 enclosed Trailex is single stage paint. I would clay before polishing. Since it's a trailer I would do just one pass with a finishing polish (I like Menzerna 3000 for this) rather than a two step process. For wax no need to use a carnauba based product, go with a high quality synthetic (I use Menzerna Power Lock).

It's a lot of area but easy compared to detailing a car.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Scooby921
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Klasse AIO would be good to get oxidation and water spots off the surface prior to a polish, but with very little cut I don't think it's going to provide the shine you're looking for. As il pirata suggested you can one-step with a fine polish. I would do it with a light or medium cutting pad. You'll get a bit more cut with the firmer cutting pad, but the lighter abrasives in a fine polish will provide a better end product. You'll have to run your fingers over the paint post-wash to determine whether or not clay bar is required. Alternatively you can buy one of the Nanoskin wash mitts and take the debris out of the surface as you wash.

How often do you wash the trailer? If you don't want to put effort into waxing you could use something like Hydrosilex Recharge, CarPro Hydro2, or Gyeon Wet which get sprayed onto a wet car and rinsed off. Much easier than waxing and buffing, but also a bit more expensive for the same general length of protection.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:39 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Have a 48 foot gooseneck, with the same question.

Needs a good cleaning

Is there a spray on product for pre-finished alum panel trailers?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Polishing exterior paint of enclosed Trailex