Notices

ATC Quest 22' Order

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 09:16 AM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by pkh
Raised deck by 6"? That is interesting, is that the whole floor?

Did you go with aluminum floor? Could explain some of the weight savings. Did you get cabinets?
See below. Actual pic of my trailer...
Think it's called a beavertail. I also bought 4" Race Ramps that are about 46" in length to help load the GT3.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:21 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
See below. Actual pic of my trailer...
Think it's called a beavertail. I also bought 4" Race Ramps that are about 46" in length to help load the GT3.

The Beavertail feature is pretty standard on these trailers, the nicer ones at least. Do you have a side profile of the trailer? Trying to figure out if it was really raised that much.

Also I had 46” race ramps and they were too steep for my GT4 (no axle lift option)
Old 11-12-2018, 01:54 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pkh

The Beavertail feature is pretty standard on these trailers, the nicer ones at least. Do you have a side profile of the trailer? Trying to figure out if it was really raised that much.

Also I had 46” race ramps and they were too steep for my GT4 (no axle lift option)
Here is a side view...

Old 11-12-2018, 01:57 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

For comparison, here is an identical Featherlite trailer (although 24') that does NOT have the raised 6" deck.
Crazy how high the escape door is on those. When I searched inventory nation wide, most were like this.

Even with the raised 6" deck on mine, I am still going to need 2" Race Ramp Trailer mates for the front tires.

I'm hoping that with my FAL, my 4" Race ramps will work to get the car in safely.

Thx again.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:36 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Wow that is pretty high - why did you do that? do you have a steep driveway or something?

Let us know how it goes - the axle lift will help you but I think you're going to need some pretty long ramps. Also do those fenders pop out? not seeing how it will work with escape hatch.

@BlazinPond
Old 11-12-2018, 08:01 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pkh
Wow that is pretty high - why did you do that? do you have a steep driveway or something?

Let us know how it goes - the axle lift will help you but I think you're going to need some pretty long ramps. Also do those fenders pop out? not seeing how it will work with escape hatch.
I want to be able to open the car door after driving in....and use the side escape to give me more room to do so.
By driving the front wheels up on the 2" Race Ramp Trailer mates inside the trailer, I will have a 1-2" of door clearance.

As far as driving up the ramps/door, the 6" raised deck is gradual once inside the trailer.
Therefore, it shouldn't be any different entering the trailer (raised deck or not).
Hopefully I don't have this all messed up....

Worst case, I will need to order the 5" or 7" extended Race Ramps that have a 67" or 74" length.

No, the fenders do not pop out. That would have made things a lot easier if they did....lol.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:59 AM
pkh
Rennlist Member

It makes sense now - why you raised the deck, though I am not sure why Featherlight would not offer a configuration similar to ATC so you wouldn't have to have it so high.

Anyway, hope it all works out well for you!
Old 11-13-2018, 04:19 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pkh
It makes sense now - why you raised the deck, though I am not sure why Featherlight would not offer a configuration similar to ATC so you wouldn't have to have it so high.

Anyway, hope it all works out well for you!
Apologize for side tracking your thread....
Now I'm all nervous that this trailer sits up too high.....so I backed out since dealer has many other similar trailers.
I will start a new thread asking for feedback this time!

Thx again.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:32 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Apologize for side tracking your thread....
Now I'm all nervous that this trailer sits up too high.....so I backed out since dealer has many other similar trailers.
I will start a new thread asking for feedback this time!

Thx again.
No worries! I am glad you were able to back out - I don’t think that design was optimal.

Old 11-14-2018, 02:52 AM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pkh
Some funny bits about our wives there:

- The enclosed trailer was my wife's idea, however the one she spec'd was the $12k steel and wood variety - I told her to step aside and let me spec it haha
- Now that the trailer is done she agrees it was worth it - though she still had a bit of sticker shock when I told her how much
- I notice a blue M2 in your avatar, my wife drives one has her track car but just had it wrapped purple!

Your wife has great taste in cars, trailers not so much so good thing you stepped in. Car looks great with the wrap.

I noticed you have added a proper race seat and harness in the M2, would it be ok if I PM you for some information on that mod? I really need to do the same to gain safety and some head room.
Tom

Last edited by Pruettfan; 11-14-2018 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Add a question
Old 11-22-2018, 03:06 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I had a similar predicament,could not open the door due to the trailer wheel well. Took the advice od others and installed a winch and do not use the side door. One of the best things I did
Old 11-22-2018, 03:14 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by bkovac
I had a similar predicament,could not open the door due to the trailer wheel well. Took the advice od others and installed a winch and do not use the side door. One of the best things I did
Until your battery dies and you can't use the winch. Like the OP, I bought the 3" front trailer-mates, and that was enough to allow me to open my door, and it makes hooking up the front tie downs much easier. It works well
Old 11-22-2018, 09:46 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

I put this in another thread, but might as well re-post here. My new favorite trailer accessory, battery powered compressor with 2.5 gallon tank:

Way faster than 12v compressor, and super portable. Pickup and one handed and walk around car, easy. Here's inflating from 22-36 PSI:

Packs away easy.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:44 PM
Scott.
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have any pictures of your solar wires going through the roof and cabinets? I ended up getting that black 305 at 99W as a surprise present and doing the solar myself since they're so far away from me.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:15 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scawt
Do you have any pictures of your solar wires going through the roof and cabinets? I ended up getting that black 305 at 99W as a surprise present and doing the solar myself since they're so far away from me.
I could try to get some. From memory the solar charge controller is next to the main power box in the upper left hand corner cabinet. There is no visible wires other than that, I am guessing they were able to snake them through the ceiling.

Also the solar panel is one of the flexible stick on varieties.

Quick Reply: ATC Quest 22' Order