Notices

Enclosed Trailex-what did you do to customize it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 10:30 AM
drive418
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Enclosed Trailex-what did you do to customize it?

I recently purchased an enclosed Trailex with a V nose front. It came to me with a winch already installed, the factory tire rack, and storage in the floor. The previous owner took great care of it. He installed LED interior lights and storage shelving on the two front access doors.

What have you put in that worked, or didn't? What do you wish you would have put in? I have a nice canvas to start the seaason.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-06-2018, 12:13 PM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I think you need a generator, large flat screen, Blu-ray player, and sofas.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:18 PM
drive418
Racer

^^ of course you do!
Thanks for the help. I can always count on your non-relevant suggestions and spending of my $$.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:43 PM
fivefathomapple
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same trailer, however I cant help much with customizing yours. I am looking for ideas as well. I did purchase the pit pal 323 shelf. I want to install on my front doors too but I am not sure how to do it. Can you see how the previous owner mounted your shelves? I also purchased a wall mount floor jack holder. I think its better having it stowed accessible towards the rear of the trailer then in the floor box in case you need it while the car is loaded. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...80320/10002/-1
Old 03-06-2018, 02:11 PM
drive418
Racer

This is a picture of the Pit Pal shelf installed. The previous owner acquired some aluminum struts that he attached to the trailer uprights.

Old 03-06-2018, 02:12 PM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by drive418
^^ of course you do!
Thanks for the help. I can always count on your non-relevant suggestions and spending of my $$.
Just think of the ****, I mean racing video analysis that could be done with this setup.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:39 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by drive418
^^ of course you do!
We all know its much more fun to spend other people's money -- especially if we get the benefits w/o the hassle :-)

M
Old 03-06-2018, 11:17 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

I did a few things - here is what was helpful, and what is turning out not to be helpful

Helpful
- 4 Cameras w/continuous feed to an ipad on SUV dash
- LED Interior bulbs (much brighter than the halogen)
- LED Spot lights on the doors
- Trickle charger for car's battery (I have power in my parking slot)
- Trickle charger for trailer's main battery
- Small heater w/thermostat to make sure Hoosiers don't freeze
- E-track on walls to hang baskets
- Pit Pal Storage on the doors (very difficult to secure against thin aluminum skin of door)
- Race ramps
- GPS tracker
- Large trash can bungee'd to wall
- Wireless remote for winch
- Proven Industries coupler lock
- Old (clean) bathroom mats (they are nice to lie on)
- Single-Etrack slots spread around on floor in key places to secure stuff to the floor
- TPMS on trailer tires (saved me once already)
- Lots of 1.5" ratchet straps and etrack rings. I've had three sets of spare tires in there with the car.

Not Helpful
- E-track rails on floor. I experimented with tying down car via nets/straps over tires, instead of frame. Giant mistake, and time consuming given the configuration.
- Nitrogen Tank in V-nose. I don't think I've ever used it. It takes too long to get hose outside, and then coil back up. it's far, far easier to use my Ryobi 18v pump with pressure target feature. In 1 year I've never had to even charge the battery.
- Solar charger. I've never needed to use it (yet) since I have power in parking slot.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 491 Posts

Here are some ideas. Let me know if you need more and I'll send you a link to a Dropbox folder.

Old 03-07-2018, 12:01 PM
rastta
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There are so many options out there - money and budget are really the main key to what you can or can't do. I've added some storage, nitrogen tank, different tracks along the walls, tire carrier etc. to my 20 ft Featherlite. I'm in the process of making a platform for a winch which I purchased and installing a battery with solar.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:49 PM
QuickOne
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Here are some ideas. Let me know if you need more and I'll send you a link to a Dropbox folder.

awesome setup! Just curious, why the ramps for the front wheels? Do you tow the car with it on them that way?
Old 07-31-2018, 11:53 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 271 Likes on 133 Posts

I like the mini bike mount! I think I saw that wheel holder at Northern Tools last week and almost bought one for ours (we have a coleman CT200).

We opted for a tire cart in our 20ft'r which will go behind the car and is secured by EX-trac to the rear door when closed, but will have to check our tongue weight when loaded up. tire rack

shamless plug, if anyone is looking for some Pit-Pal stuff we have a few pieces: pitpal craigslist

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailex-what did you do to customize it?