Notices

Looking

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 06:36 PM
prestonr2010
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Looking

Now that I bought the race car......and it will be on its way from the west......time to find a trailer! I am talking with various manufacturers, looking at message boards, etc., but thought I would put it out there to those that read here. I'm in NE, near Boston, if you are thinking of parting with a trailer let me know. Target is enclosed, small, light, high quality. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:14 PM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 104 Posts

If you haven't already, check out Racingjunk.com. Seems to be the best and largest marketplace for trailers.

Be sure to ask around here and check out a lot of different setups - that way you can just buy once and do it right the first time
Old 02-02-2018, 09:44 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One thing to note: new is not necessarily much more expensive than used. I spent a few months shopping for a used enclosed (and, importantly, looking at photos of how people had them configured) before eventually buying a new one from a dealer and doing the customizing myself. Beware: that last part is a huge time pit!
Old 02-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Joemat
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by prestonr2010
Now that I bought the race car......and it will be on its way from the west......time to find a trailer! I am talking with various manufacturers, looking at message boards, etc., but thought I would put it out there to those that read here. I'm in NE, near Boston, if you are thinking of parting with a trailer let me know. Target is enclosed, small, light, high quality. Thanks!
If you are looking for Small, Light and high quality then your should look at Trailex enclosed sportswear trailer.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:53 PM
prestonr2010
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Solved

Have been interested in Peter Brock's Aerovault design, now have them delivering one to Salt Lake where the car is, bringing it home that way. Bit of a premium on cost for sure, but I buy for quality and design always, it really fits what I am after for a trailer. Anyone else on this board have one?
Old 02-04-2018, 07:21 AM
rkirshner
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry , i didnt see this until today . when i bought my trailer i also was looking for premium . the aerovault looked great but i wanted something that would allow me easier access to the race car and also serve as a place that i could hang out while i was at the track . i had custom built a jimglo trailer . it is fantastic , but for various reasons i am looking to sell it . if any body has interest please let me know .
good luck with your new trailer
Old 02-05-2018, 06:32 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

rkirshner: Please post pics, specs, price. Thx.

Originally Posted by rkirshner
sorry , i didnt see this until today . when i bought my trailer i also was looking for premium . the aerovault looked great but i wanted something that would allow me easier access to the race car and also serve as a place that i could hang out while i was at the track . i had custom built a jimglo trailer . it is fantastic , but for various reasons i am looking to sell it . if any body has interest please let me know .
good luck with your new trailer
Old 02-10-2018, 03:43 AM
CharleyH
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the design of the Aerovault. The low roof looks great for towing, but when I spent a little time in one at the track the low headroom wasn’t great for changing and hanging out. I guess you need to think about if it is better to optimize for towing, or being at the track.

Charley

Quick Reply: Looking