Notices

20' Enclosed inTech - Alternate Title: No really, towing an enclosed with a Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 03:22 PM
baja272
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful set up, can you please tell me what kind of lock that is on the trailer tongue?
Old 10-09-2018, 09:07 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Very nice!
I have an enclosed trailex behind an X5 and wish it was larger. The higher floor height is not an issue if you winch, but like most trailers, you'll need race ramps. The basic difference is that you won't try to "be in" a trailex. It's simply a way to get your car to the track/store it. A full sized trailer is going to feel like a home away from home, and have the utility to go with it...like a generator and a coffee maker.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:54 AM
jrbkarter
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by baja272
Beautiful set up, can you please tell me what kind of lock that is on the trailer tongue?
It's made by Proven Industries- available here:

https://www.provenlocks.com/

I shopped around for awhile trying to find the most effective theft deterrent I could and they are who I found. The included puck lock I wasn't a huge fan of, but I'm even less a fan of having thirty different keys for the trailer. I was hoping to reduce the count down to three total- one for the interior cabinets/gen box, one for the access door, and then one for all of the pad locks + hitch lock but I couldn't find a hitch lock manufacturer that made a puck lock and pad locks I was happy with. So, I ended up with 4 total keys- one for my hitch lock:

Amazon Amazon

And then the other 4 locks (tongue lock, coupler lock, rear pad locks) are all keyed alike Mul-T-Locks.

What all of my security/theft prevention research really confirmed though is the same thing that has held true forever. If a thief really wants it- they're going to get it. It just boils down to how much you want to spend on deterrence/annoyance. Everything can be defeated with enough time/effort but hopefully it makes my setup less attractive to the casual smash and grab thief.

My best purchase? Making sure the trailer/car/tow vehicle are all covered under the same insurance company, regardless of if it's hooked to the tow vehicle or not , parked at the storage lot, my house or some random hotel, empty or fully loaded, etc etc. to limit the finger pointing should something happen.

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Very nice!
I have an enclosed trailex behind an X5 and wish it was larger. The higher floor height is not an issue if you winch, but like most trailers, you'll need race ramps. The basic difference is that you won't try to "be in" a trailex. It's simply a way to get your car to the track/store it. A full sized trailer is going to feel like a home away from home, and have the utility to go with it...like a generator and a coffee maker.
You know you want to Jacy! AC in the trailer at COTA is amazing after a summer session :-D
Old 10-24-2019, 11:00 PM
rdemarco06
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, thanks for all the good reading, I have a 2013 Turbo with a 22' Intech with the railryder system. I am just under 8000 pounds with Corvette, Yes Corvette in back. I will add some photos later.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:46 PM
dapopa9
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

When towing with your 958 does the Lance Change Assist (LCA) on the mirrors still function while towing?
Old 01-26-2020, 04:39 PM
YaNi
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dapopa9
When towing with your 958 does the Lance Change Assist (LCA) on the mirrors still function while towing?
No, it's automatically disabled when you plug in a trailer connector.

Quick Reply: 20' Enclosed inTech - Alternate Title: No really, towing an enclosed with a Cayenne