Notices

Haulmark aluminum trailer experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 08:22 PM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Haulmark aluminum trailer experience

Would like to know if anyone has had any experience with Haulmark aluminum enclosed trailers.
This is my first enclosed trailer and has been more work than ordering my car...
I ordered a 20ft enclosed with A-track in the floor/ E track on the walls, and insulated white Luan interior.
I noticed that there are some areas near the ceiling particularly that are wavey/warped in appearance. Is this common? Does cold temp and humidity affect this ? (Trailer in BC, Canada).
Also the A-track is screwed into the floor and is supposed to be rated for 5000 lbs, but it looks like the screws just go thru the aluminum decking. According to the dealer, the smooth aluminum is a backing plate (not sure how thick it is) and looks OK, but I wanted to double check.

Old 01-14-2018, 12:24 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,310 Likes on 796 Posts

Those walls don't look right
Old 01-18-2018, 03:42 PM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah...I would have thought a brand new trailer would not have warping in the wall panels...
Apparently, it is vinyl over thin plywood and according to the dealer, not uncommon to see...
Just wondering if anyone else had this issue...
Will be trying to get them to rectify this...
Old 01-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Hoyt
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I've had quite a few trailers in the past and never had walls look like warped like that. All the Haulmark trails I've had were solid and no issues with the walls.....but this was years ago before they were bought out by another company.

Quick Reply: Haulmark aluminum trailer experience