Notices

Enclosed trailer, loaded interior pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 05:05 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian C in Az
First item, a rear engine or mid engine car should be loaded backwards in the trailer for proper weight distribution.
BS

My guess here is that you don't have a side exit door and are winching it. Therefore you statement needs to be modified and not presume an assumption (based on your personal experience with selected your box) being applicable to everybody out there.

My car balances just fine in my 24' and its loaded nose first and NOT a$$ first.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:50 PM
lmnsblu355
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally got around to getting some pics of my 24' ATC trailer. Thanks to all for your input above.
It's a 24 ft ATC Quest custom Spec with large escape door, upper front cabinets, aluminum ceiling, plywood walls, Polylaminate flooring, Custom Built Front shelves/ Tool cart, 5200 Lb Torsion Axles, LED lighting, 30 Amp Electrical panel, Extended tongue, Aluminum wheels, 2 spares mounted on walls, Shoring Beam Tire rack mounted high enough to drive under, rear facing loading lights and wireless backup camera, slideout step for entry door. AC/Heater and generator box on the tongue will be next.

Tongue weight with Boxster positioned as seen in pics is right around 700 lbs. Total loaded weight is around 7000 lbs. Once the generator is mounted, I will pull the car back a bit to keep tongue weight at about 700 lbs.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:51 AM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by linzman
I bought my trailer used, but if I was going to build one from scratch, the escape door and AC prewired and framed would be on the top of the list. So much easier to get out of the car, and putting in an aftermarket AC is easy and much less expensive. Inground winch might be nice depending on what else you're storing up front, but inground spare doesn't make sense to me. Can't get to it when you really need it. A friend did the gas tank and pump, and never uses it. cabinets and generator compartment and you're good to go. All the other stuff you can add as you go. And yes, the 24 is worth it, because you always end up needing more room than you thought you would. Even an extra foot makes it a lot easier to get down and tie the car down, etc.
My goose came with an in floor winch and I thought it was really good idea. NOT! The winch was centered and it need a pulley mast to get the cable over the pit edge. The supplied pulley on that mast was a small diameter steel thing and some times turned, sometimes not. Made a nasty curl in the wire rope along with nasty broken wires. To make things worse the Porsche tow eye is offset to the passengers side so the wire would bunch up and bind the winch. I had to use a ****** block and tie downs to get the cable spooled somewhat neatly. But the last few feet had to just let it bunch up. It sawed completely through the fairlead. Had to cut that junk off with a sawzall.
I ended up making a billet aluminum bar through bolted to the front frame and the winch mount can slide left to right depending on tow eye location. Cable now winds properly.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:02 PM
Manda Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts

20’ is a magic number for guys with motorhomes.

Dreaming of a 18–20’ stacker.

Quick Reply: Enclosed trailer, loaded interior pictures