Notices

Scooter in enclosed trailer

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 11:24 AM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Scooter in enclosed trailer

I was wondering if anyone here has a Honda Ruckus or Yamaha Zuma or similar type bike that they take to the track. How do you secure it to the trailer? Where do you put it in the trailer?
Old 09-10-2017, 11:34 AM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a Ruckus. Secure it with ratchet tie-downs. I put it up front between the cabinets and the car. I share the 2 D-rings for the front of car, and put 2 more between the scooter and the cabinets.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:08 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 301 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
I was wondering if anyone here has a Honda Ruckus or Yamaha Zuma or similar type bike that they take to the track. How do you secure it to the trailer? Where do you put it in the trailer?
i used to have a scooter in my enclosed. had it loaded perpendicular to the trailer wall and bolted in a wheel chock. then a set of canyon dancers + tie downs

moved away from it bc i always had to keep the battery charged. if i were to do it again i'd get a bike with a kick start
Old 09-10-2017, 04:17 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

I had a wheel chick. Got rid of it because i never used it. Ruckus has kick start, but i leave the scooter in the trailer all racing season and the battery is fine. Put it in the garage with a trickle charger in the winter.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:50 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ngng
i used to have a scooter in my enclosed. had it loaded perpendicular to the trailer wall and bolted in a wheel chock. then a set of canyon dancers + tie downs

moved away from it bc i always had to keep the battery charged. if i were to do it again i'd get a bike with a kick start
Canyon dancers. The things you learn on this forum.

I can see how those would work if you loaded the bike in the back of a pickup, but can't envision what you tie it down to when it is perpendicular to the trailer wall. Pics?
Old 09-10-2017, 08:59 PM
pmason
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Zima in mine. Made a wheel chock that goes into the e-track, use 2 straps to the e-track and one in the rear to one of the d-ring in the floor. Really only get out at the larger tracks.
Old 09-11-2017, 12:50 AM
ngng
Drifting

Received 301 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
Canyon dancers. The things you learn on this forum.

I can see how those would work if you loaded the bike in the back of a pickup, but can't envision what you tie it down to when it is perpendicular to the trailer wall. Pics?
no pics, but etrack on the floor with etrack drings. then just ratchet it down
Old 09-11-2017, 12:26 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

i my zuma in a 24' but i had to mount my 6500w Yamaha generator on the tongue of the trailer. I had a wheel chock installed on the wall

Old 09-11-2017, 01:20 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Ah, e-track on the floor. That's the missing equation. Thanks for the pics. I don't have that, so would have to come up with another solution. I was thinking of tying it to the car, maybe the wheels, on one side, and then share the d-rings in the floor for the other side.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:02 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Put 2 extra d-rings in and share the ones for front of car. They're cheap, easy to do. Just make sure you are not drilling into the floor cross beams.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a scooter chock that came with the trailer. I don't need it and would be happy to donate it to the cause if you need it.
I'd just like to have shipping covered.

Quick Reply: Scooter in enclosed trailer