Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   The Rennlist Marketplace (https://rennlist.com/forums/the-rennlist-marketplace-251/)
-   -   2011 or 2012 GTS. Help me end this maddening search. (https://rennlist.com/forums/the-rennlist-marketplace/1143344-2011-or-2012-gts-help-me-end-this-maddening-search.html)

8Lug 05-16-2019 01:42 PM

997.2 GTS or 997 Turbo. Help me end this search.

I've been searching for the right 997 GTS for over a year now. Missed a few that popped up, had some unscrupulous sellers back out of deals, etc. So here we go again.

Looking a 997 GTS Coupe:
Must haves:
Sport or adaptive seats
sport suspension
manual trans
rear wheel drive (not a 4 GTS)

nice to haves:
full leather
under 30k miles
sports chrono
white, red, or silver. I'm trying to avoid black, although would consider it if car was a unique build.

I would also be interested in 997.1 or .2 Turbo in manual. Pretty much same spec as listed above but obviously it would be AWD.

I'm a cash buyer, located on east coast so the closer the better but would have no problem shipping cross country if I find the right car. Any and all leads greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Bparrott 05-16-2019 07:23 PM

Search on the Porsche USA website. Couple of good looking cars there that might work for you.

Bparrott 05-16-2019 07:25 PM

PUSA says there is a grey manual at Beverly Hill Porsche

8Lug 05-17-2019 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bparrott (Post 15845737)
PUSA says there is a grey manual at Beverly Hill Porsche

They want $100k for that car and it's a 4. I'm only interested in rear wheel drive on a GTS. Thanks anyway for posting the lead. Appreciate it.

NewtownGT3 05-17-2019 03:32 PM

I was at my local P dealer yesterday & saw a white 997 GTS pull into the parking lot. The guy got out & walked to the parts dept, so I took the opportunity to walk out & take a closer look. It was a 2012 GTS w/manual & I almost fainted. I (like you) have been on the hunt for more months that I want to remember for a 2012 white GTS w/MT. Although this car did not have Sport or Adaptive seats & was not in the best shape (looked like it hadn't been washed in months, plus had front license plate bracket holes in the bumper) I patiently waited for him outside....more like stalking some might say. He walked out with a Porsche battery maintainer, so I proceeded to try and strike up a conversation that would lead to me asking if he would be willing to part with said car. After about 5mins of friendly chit-chat...I went for the jugular! At which point he laughed so much I felt a bit embarrassed & he loudly said HELL NO.....it took me 2 years to find this car & I will be buried in it if I have anything to do with that!!! LOL! I kindly said thank you & walked away with my tail between my legs in defeat.

I feel your pain.

Targat2017 05-17-2019 04:22 PM

8lug

Driveanything.com has

two GTSs PDK
white/blk
mid $70k range

8Lug 05-17-2019 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Targat2017 (Post 15847834)
8lug

Driveanything.com has

two GTSs PDK
white/blk
mid $70k range

Looking only for a manual. Thanks though.

Christopher G 05-17-2019 07:55 PM

If you don't mind alcantara and factory aerokit then this checks all your boxes I think: https://www.allthingsporsches.com/20...ans.-c-189.htm

SocalTouring 05-17-2019 08:01 PM

I have a Cab... probably not your cup of tea
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...c972f1d7e9.png

8Lug 05-17-2019 09:06 PM

Thanks guys but looking for coupe and manual only. I know the white GTS referenced above and passed on it previously for a few reasons.

jamesinger 05-18-2019 12:54 AM

I wish you luck. I was searching for a very similar spec for over a year after having tried to find an affordable GT3 for a year. People wanted GT3 prices for them when I was looking. I ended up in a loaded C2S.

911trini 05-18-2019 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Christopher G (Post 15848352)
If you don't mind alcantara and factory aerokit then this checks all your boxes I think: https://www.allthingsporsches.com/20...ans.-c-189.htm

Mind if I ask the reasons? I looked at that GTS as well.

raidersfan 05-18-2019 10:30 PM

Check the PCA website: 2 clean manuals in the mid 70's and under 25k miles have popped up on there in the past 6 weeks. Both sold in a couple of days; you have to be quick.

Now comes the "advice" part (please feel free to ignore): if you are planning on spending more ($80k+), do yourself a favor and get a turbo with a coilover and exhuast upgrade. It is just a much, much more thrilling ride all around! If you don't need back seats, get a GT3. I have significant time in a GTS (PDK with Aerokit, Manual, and Cab) and sure, it is nice (so was my C2S; the differences are minor if both cars have sport suspension and sport seats), but a 997.1 Turbo with these upgrades made my jaw drop in comparison. Obviously it is game over when compared to the GT3 as well. I can't speak for future values, but none of these cars are really losing much in value anymore.

I agree though, if you can find the right GTS in the mid 70's, it is worth the money. From a performance standpoint, $85k is a game changer, which is what some dealers are asking.

A friend has the 997 Turbo I would consider (manual cocoa interior on GT Silver, Bilstien PSS10's, upgraded exhaust and GT2 intercoolers) and it is GT3 good. On the same roads, it is absolutely thrilling, and simply blows away any 997 Carrera I have been in on the hilly undulations, dips, off-camber corners, and 10mph hairpins. It is probably a $75k, maybe $80k car. One of these days.....

raidersfan 05-18-2019 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by 911trini (Post 15849720)

I think that one has been around the ringer. It was at another dealer for awhile, was inspected by a couple of people here, and everyone has passed. You can do better.

Plus, allthingsPorsche is a sketchy dealer. They offered to buy my car, wouldn't give me a deposit until I took my ad down, continued to stall on the deposit, and then pulled out with an excuse (lie) that shipping rates had gone up and were no longer $1100 out of pocket, but $3k or something ridiculous from TX to FL. What really happened is that their flip to a customer must have fallen through; they thought they had a buyer at $100k and offered me $93k. Don't do business with them!

8Lug 05-19-2019 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by 911trini (Post 15849720)

PM me if you want details.